Update - Dopamine Agonist Most Likely The Cause Of My Improvements

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
apachuri

Update - Dopamine Agonist Most Likely The Cause Of My Improvements

Unread post by apachuri »

Hello everyone.

I am very disappointed in that I don't believe my recent improvements were due to natural causes.

Rather, I am leaning toward a conclusion that it was a delayed effect of the Cabergoline that I didn't feel until discontinuation. It's as if I saw the effects of what I should have felt while on the drug, but after - improvements that came and gone, waxing and waning - over the span of September through the end of January.

I am very disappointed and frustrated...but at least I know what caused it and I believe this may provide a clue to how my PSSD works and what I might be able to try in the future.

Does anyone have any ideas to what this delayed mechanism of action was? I am open to any ideas.
apachuri

Re: Update - Dopamine Agonist Most Likely The Cause Of My Improvements

That's certainly a possibility. But I didn't feel anything while I was on it, only after I came off of it. I either didn't wait long enough while on it (3 months), or there's some sort of delayed mechanism going on as my brain adjusts to being off of it. It's a clue that I need to hone in on - I just don't know what it is yet. That's why I want to brainstorm with everyone here. If I can figure out what happened, I can find a more specific drug.
hashim

Unread post by hashim »

but dont u get tolelrance after some time. so they start stop working. dopamine downregulates or some shit?
apachuri

That's why some people cycle these drugs, although I'd rather use it as a way to hone in on a specific mechanism.
Maldoror

Unread post by Maldoror »

Can you be more specific regarding your improvements, please?
apachuri

If you go to the old forum archive, I outline everything that happened to me during that long period of improvement. I'm kinda pissed and frustrated right now, so I don't feel like typing it up (because I no longer feel those improvements). Long story short everything got better over the course of 3-4 months and it reached a climax for a day and a half where I had 100% normal function. Then within a matter of weeks it diminshed to what it was before I stopped taking Cabergoline and Clomid.
apachuri

Brilliant idea.

If Ropiniole doesn't work, it can't be dopamine - which leaves serotonin and norepinephrine.

I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.