ADMIN APPROVAL FOR NEW ACCOUNTS: An Explanation

Administrative notes and announcements.
pete

Re: ADMIN APPROVAL FOR NEW ACCOUNTS: An Explanation

Unread post by pete »

So you wanna keep forum closed forever?

If you got problems with unsientific bullshit, just move it directly to rubbish bin.
If you got problems with people deleting their posts, just deactivate editing some hours after posting.

But closing forum is no acceptable solution.
TalkingAnt

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

I don't read/post here much due to little activity, but I am saddened by this policy. I would rather see some spam/misinformation while allowing new accounts than not allowing any new accounts at all.

I have seen some forums limit new users to one board until they reach a certain post count. Something like that could help weed out spammers from genuine PSSD sufferers. You would probably have to limit new users from sending PM's as well.

If it is moderation load that is the issue then put out a call for more moderators.

Whatever the case, the state of this community is destined to dwindle to nothing while this policy is in place.

Sonny/Ghost, you are both valuable resources to this community, but if you won't open this forum again, call out for new ownership, transfer the forum, and then leave the community or rejoin under a new name. That's best option for the PSSD sufferer community going forward, because at least then this forum has a chance to grow.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I'm willing to look at other options in the coming weeks.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
Sonny

Unread post by Sonny »

pete wrote:So you wanna keep forum closed forever?

If you got problems with unsientific bullshit, just move it directly to rubbish bin.
If you got problems with people deleting their posts, just deactivate editing some hours after posting.

But closing forum is no acceptable solution.
Yes. And those are not the reasons why. lol :lol: I've been dealing with that shit since day one. It's just annoying.

How about you go take care of my psychotic cyberstalker for me Petey boy.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

SPAM!

The forum has saw a lot of it in the past few days.

Just a reminder that if anyone ever tries to sell you something over a PM, tell you to join a site over a PM, or posts a lot of links to specific brands of supplements...YOU SHOULD SUSPECT THAT THEY ARE ALL SPAM. People get paid if they help companies bring in customers, so they are likely trying to take advantage of our fears for their monetary gain. Probably with supplements that are dangerous and unregualted.

If you ever have a question about a link someone sends to you, or posts, please let me know ASAP. The reason PM's are locked for so many people is because of the high number of scams that have been attempted on this forum.

Also, this sadly means that admissions to the forum will be tighter again.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)