PSSD research so far

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
PSSD’s_Master

PSSD research so far

Unread post by PSSD’s_Master »

PSSD research so far

Certain previous events/experience’s are prerequisite in order to develop PSSD

-I believe there will be patterns in the specific events before PSSD, as well as the timing of them. I need more data. Genetic susceptibility doesn’t explain PSSD at all. There is a reason PSSD is so rare.

-Defective synaptic pruning is required to develop PSSD. Remembering random facts, things, etc that aren’t significant is a sign of this.
Risk factors for this include; ASD, early life adversity, adolescence THC use, social adversity (bullying, social defeat etc), and SSRI use before adolescence.

-Early life adversity, and often childhood trauma of a parent or grandparent as well. This can be epigenetically inherited unlike most epigenetic modifications. This is relevant to almost every case.

-Almost all cases went through a period of high stress prior to developing PSSD.

In a study early life adversity + certain events, resulted in a 4 fold induction in immediate early genes (IEGs) vs control in response to a stress, in MALE rodents. (A lot less significant in females).

“We meta-analyzed a subset of our male data to quantify cFos expression following ELA exposure and to identify potential moderators of the observed effects. Using a three-level mixed effects model, we observed an increase in cFos expression after an acute stress exposure due to ELA only in combination with one or more other negative life events This suggests that ELA creates a vulnerable phenotype that is manifested only when sufficiently triggered.”
<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8757918/>

Cfos is an Immediate early gene (IEG). IEGs prime synaptic plasticity/long term memory, act as transcription factors, and are induced by neuronal activity.

Early life adversity possibly epigenetically modifies IEGs, IEG expression at rest was significantly greater than the control group as well, it’s more than just a potentiated stress response.

Some PSSD symptoms, are related to input/experiences prior to PSSD

For ex hypersexuality -> no/low libido
Another ex, In love before PSSD -> inability to feel love
I’m guessing synaptic cross tagging, and IEG induction, especially Arc are responsible.

As far as SSRI/SNRI you would need to of done at least one of the following, likely multiple.
-Fluctuating doses
-Cold turkey WD
-Multiple SSRI
-On and off SSRI (especially long breaks)

The final spark, that induced PSSD is very often one of these; cold turkey, adjusting the dose, starting SSRI again after being off, or switching to another SSRI/SNRI. PSSD is a very significant adaptation by the brain, you need a significant push to develop PSSD.

PSSD from 1 pill is nearly impossible, it’s only possible under very specific circumstances. Based on my knowledge of how the brain works, this is next to impossible.

Trauma from PSSD is also a potential contributor to emotional numbness, anhedonia, mood, weak orgasms, neuroinflammation etc. After enough trauma, the brain adapts by lowering the intensity of your emotions, this also includes positive emotions, as well as pleasure.

And there is more on the discord server. Please participate in voting, I need more data. https://discord.com/invite/QPWmZu3QBj
The_Eye

Re: PSSD research so far

Unread post by The_Eye »

The worst for me is a mixture of anhedonia / very low sexual desire. I'm grieving my old self every single day.
PSSD’s_Master

The_Eye wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:51 am The worst for me is a mixture of anhedonia / very low sexual desire. I'm grieving my old self every single day.
The good news is PSSD is completely reversible. PSSD is a form of maladaptive neuroplasticity, rather than damage. I say this I 100% mean it. My goal is to come up with a solution, after I figure out more about PSSD’s pathogenesis.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

Previous event/experience has nothing to do with PSSD. Some major drugs are thoroughly explored, for example levetiracetam make people react drastically in different ways, with different genetic variations. Some can get hypomanic, some can get depressed or very angry. Those gene variations are known and determined through studies. Same is gonna be for PSSD. You are chasing clouds with your efforts to find some common denominator that leads to PSSD, there is none, apart from some genes.
PSSD’s_Master

fellow1 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:30 am Previous event/experience has nothing to do with PSSD. Some major drugs are thoroughly explored, for example levetiracetam make people react drastically in different ways, with different genetic variations. Some can get hypomanic, some can get depressed or very angry. Those gene variations are known and determined through studies. Same is gonna be for PSSD. You are chasing clouds with your efforts to find some common denominator that leads to PSSD, there is none, apart from some genes.
Certain input/events are absolutely required to develop PSSD. Besides, PSSD is EXTREMELY rare, 100s of millions of people have used SSRIs, genetics doesn’t explain this at all. There is a genetic component, for sure, but it doesn’t explain PSSD.

Certain events effect subsequent neuroplasticity via so many ways, epigenetic changes, IEG induction, metaplasticity, synaptic tagging/cross tagging etc.

I just know a lot about neuroplasticity, and how the brain works. PSSD isn’t even possible unless certain conditions are met, and it’s much more than genetics. If you don’t believe me you could even take a look at the polls.
The_Eye

Unread post by The_Eye »

PSSD’s_Master wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:42 am
The_Eye wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:51 am The worst for me is a mixture of anhedonia / very low sexual desire. I'm grieving my old self every single day.
The good news is PSSD is completely reversible. PSSD is a form of maladaptive neuroplasticity, rather than damage. I say this I 100% mean it. My goal is to come up with a solution, after I figure out more about PSSD’s pathogenesis.
That's good to know .... after quitting Citalopram it's like my ability to feel was annihilated... sometimes it feels like pretending to be human.... stuck in fight or flight forever