The drug Auvelity improves anhedonia - Online testimonials give hope

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Determined-Mind

The drug Auvelity improves anhedonia - Online testimonials give hope

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

Auvelity was approved by the FDA in 2022. It is a combination of bupropion SR (105 mg) with dextromethorphan (45 mg).

Dextromethorphan is an over-the-counter anti-cough medication (the Robitussin Brand offers a product without any combination of other substances).

A June 2022 study indicates that Auvelity improves anhedonia scores: Impact of AXS-05, an Oral NMDA Receptor Antagonist, on Anhedonic Symptoms in Major Depressive Disorder
https://www.axsome.com/publications/ASC ... .25.22.pdf

Past studies have shown that bupropion generally has a pro-sex effect. I have personally experienced this for physical anhedonia. Bupropion acts on melanocortin receptors (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31891691/), such as the drug bremelanotide / Vyleesi approved in 2019 by the FDA for sexual desire disorder.

On this same forum, in 2019, Meso experimented with dextromethorphan/naltrexone in low and high doses. He experienced some improvements in these (sexual & anhedonic) symptoms, here his story : viewtopic.php?t=3399&hilit=naltrexone+meso

Dextromethorphan has several mechanisms of action (glutamate, sigma, serotonin).

I hypothesize that this substance may have a beneficial effect on sexual function especially at 30 or 45 mg / day.

I'm going to try it soon with LDN (low dose naltrexone) + 150 mg bupropion XL. I'll keep you posted.
Last edited by Determined-Mind on Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
Determined-Mind

Re: The drug Auvelity improves anhedonia (bupropion + dextromethorphan)

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

The many testimonials online are very encouraging: https://www.drugs.com/comments/bupropio ... ost_recent

Some people feel the benefits very quickly, from the very first days.

These testimonials are all the more interesting given that people who try Auvelity have often tried before a lot of other medications (including wellbutrin/bupropion).

This combination of drugs really does seem different.

I can't wait to try it :-)

My 5 favorite testimonials :
"It has been amazing. I felt better just 2 days later. My psychiatrist suggested a placebo effect, but the change has been too significant for that. My brain is quiet and I feel at peace. I've been on it for about 2 months."
"This stuff is amazing. I'm actually taking Wellbutrin 150 mg 2/day and 30 mg pure DXM tabs 2/day for a couple of months now. I'm 51. I've tried Zoloft, Paxil, was on Lexapro for many years, but nothing even comes close to this - cough medicine! I discovered this Wellbutrin/DMX combo by accident when I had a nasty cold and was taking DXM on top of the Wellbutrin. The negative self-talk, the depression, the suicidal ideation, all went away. I hope it continues!!"
"I’ve been on Auvelity for almost 2 months after taking Wellbutrin for 10+ years. Auvelity is vastly superior to Wellbutrin in my experience. Within a few days, I felt my heaviness lifting and a peaceful lightness emerging. I find joy and happiness in small things again and enjoy spending time with my kids, including one with serious special needs. Also, with the chaos that can occur with 4 kids, including 1 with severe autism, my level of agitation is greatly reduced with minimal yelling, when they inevitably misbehave. I’m much more effective in staying calm and productively parenting. I feel a deeper connection with myself, others, and the world. My former intense anxiety is greatly reduced, I’m kinder and more compassionate. I’ve gone from about 8 drinks per week to no need to drink or self-medicate in 60 days. Auvelity is beyond an antidepressant, it’s a physically and spiritually uplifting wonder drug."
"I have had MDD for 30 years and I’m 43. I was blessed with a HUGE surprise at 42 by getting pregnant with a vasectomy baby. About 5 months in PPD hit me hard. I was put on Lamictal and Trintellix in addition to Effexor, which I’ve been on 13 years. It got me feeling “okay”. Then I gained 30 lbs in 2 months and was so angry all the time. I went off of the two, and a month later I couldn’t get out of bed again. I wanted to care for my son but I was just too despondent. I called my psychiatrist and told him I felt like giving up on life. I had been on 18 antidepressants, TMS, Ketamine therapy… I was a lost cause. He prescribed Auvelity and I really wasn’t feeling too positive about it. Today, I’m on day 11. And I cry with happiness. For the first time in 20 years I feel normal. I can feel my emotions. I can sleep. I have energy. My intrusive thoughts are gone. My suicidal thoughts are gone. I hope this drug does for you what it did for me."
"I have tried everything. After years of therapy, I finally admitted to my therapist, 'I wake up in terror and lay down to sleep in terror every night, and trust me, I know why.' It has been my baseline for 60 years, and I'm tired of climbing out of this hole every day. In November of 2022, my hole turned into a water well with my feet tied to the bottom, and the water was rising. I lost all interest in everything I loved! Why even be here? In 3 days on this drug, it was like an anvil had been lifted off my mind and soul! I had never felt this way, and I immediately called my doctor. He started laughing and said, 'That's what it feels like to be free of depression.' OMG, I have been on this for 2 weeks and I'm enjoying everything! Even cleaning my house!! My only regret is this wasn't available sooner. At 60 years old, I have started a new life! Watch out world, here I come!"
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!