Naltrexone was the only thing that helped me at all

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
lookingforacure

Re: Naltrexone was the only thing that helped me at all

Unread post by lookingforacure »

Make sure to read my post history. I got back on meds, got PSSD again, and tried to fix it again with Naltrexone. It didn’t work alone, I had to take it an hour prior to consuming a couple of beers very high in hops. When I did that, it improved extremely rapidly. Everything is explained in my post history. Godspeed.
UKContributor

Unread post by UKContributor »

garycooper wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:44 am Got a script for Naltrexone. I'll report in a couple of weeks.
How’s it going ?
garycooper

Unread post by garycooper »

I'm not sure so far.

It "might" have improved morning wood and brain fog. I seem to be doing better with 1-2mg than full 4.5 mg

I'll keep taking it for a couple more weeks. I will probably add hops at some point.

Naltrexone also seems to screw up with the body's natural ability to heal. I had a small external hemorrhoid last week and my lidocaine cream wasn't working great, and hot sit baths were much less effective.... I also read reports from people using it for chronic pain, and it makes a lot of things like painkillers less effective. So it's not that straightforward. (which make sense since it affects opioid receptors).
lookingforacure

Don’t forget to try the hoppy beer an hour after taking it. Naltrexone alone didn’t work for me.
UKContributor

Unread post by UKContributor »

garycooper wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:50 pm I'm not sure so far.

It "might" have improved morning wood and brain fog. I seem to be doing better with 1-2mg than full 4.5 mg

I'll keep taking it for a couple more weeks. I will probably add hops at some point.

Naltrexone also seems to screw up with the body's natural ability to heal. I had a small external hemorrhoid last week and my lidocaine cream wasn't working great, and hot sit baths were much less effective.... I also read reports from people using it for chronic pain, and it makes a lot of things like painkillers less effective. So it's not that straightforward. (which make sense since it affects opioid receptors).
Thanks for the update 🙏
G_Kone85

Unread post by G_Kone85 »

This can all work because I also take an opiate and my symptoms improve significantly as a result. Unlike you, I take Iboga. This is a halucinogen and also acts with strong affinity on u, k, ß opioid receptors. The advantage is that Iboga is very psychoactive and its metabolism acts as an SSRI. I combine this with ginseng and maca. The results are really impressive. This is a reset that I am experiencing here. Opiates are the target.
heathcliff

Unread post by heathcliff »

lookingforacure wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:21 pm My pssd was caused by a combination of an ssri and lamictal. I took around 12.5 mg maybe twice a week for a couple of months (it’s in my post history).
So what’s the final antidote of ur PSSD?
heathcliff

Unread post by heathcliff »

lookingforacure wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:27 pm Don’t forget to try the hoppy beer an hour after taking it. Naltrexone alone didn’t work for me.
How r u now ? R u fully recovered?
lookingforacure

I used to think I was 100% recovered, but I don’t think so anymore. Still, I’m in the process of tapering my sertraline. I’m down to 150, and I’ll keep you guys posted when I completely get off. But it really doesn’t matter to me as much. I’ve sustained permanent significant improvements, and I can have a very healthy sex life at this point.
Answers

Unread post by Answers »

lookingforacure wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:27 pm Don’t forget to try the hoppy beer an hour after taking it. Naltrexone alone didn’t work for me.
You know the hop content of it? Can't stand bitter beer and would rather take capsules.

7 times you took it before noticing improvement?
lookingforacure wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:48 am I used to think I was 100% recovered, but I don’t think so anymore. Still, I’m in the process of tapering my sertraline. I’m down to 150, and I’ll keep you guys posted when I completely get off. But it really doesn’t matter to me as much. I’ve sustained permanent significant improvements, and I can have a very healthy sex life at this point.
What do you mean by this? And did naltrexone permanently improve the anhedonia and emotional numbness?