Naltrexone was the only thing that helped me at all

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
lookingforacure

Re: Naltrexone was the only thing that helped me at all

Unread post by lookingforacure »

Please read the last study I posted. Apparently it cured 1/3 of the participants of idiopathic ED.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

lookingforacure wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:37 am Please read the last study I posted. Apparently it cured 1/3 of the participants of idiopathic ED.
I want to hear your experience. You didn't provide much information. What dose have you been taking ? How long? Did you have initial worsening or not ? At what point have you noticed your libido is coming back? Are you still or naltrexone or you stopped taking it and benefits remained ?
lookingforacure

I took about 12.5 mg per day around every 3 days for 2 months. My PSSD got worse initially, but it was already so bad that I didn’t care. I don’t remember when exactly I noticed it, but you can check my post history. My old emotions and sexual functioning came back after a few months of this, and remained permanently. I no longer take it.
lookingforacure

It’s getting tiring to keep repeating myself, and my story takes time to tell, but if anyone would like to speak to me personally I would be more than happy to video chat on zoom or something and answer all of your questions.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

lookingforacure wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:40 am I took about 12.5 mg per day around every 3 days for 2 months. My PSSD got worse initially, but it was already so bad that I didn’t care. I don’t remember when exactly I noticed it, but you can check my post history. My old emotions and sexual functioning came back after a few months of this, and remained permanently. I no longer take it.
Oh okay, I remember this story, I thought it was somebody else. You were also saying your anxiety came back. it's awesome.
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

lookingforacure wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:40 am I took about 12.5 mg per day around every 3 days for 2 months. My PSSD got worse initially, but it was already so bad that I didn’t care. I don’t remember when exactly I noticed it, but you can check my post history. My old emotions and sexual functioning came back after a few months of this, and remained permanently. I no longer take it.
Do you advice to take it only every 3 days/2 months? Not everyday?
lookingforacure

I really don’t know. I took it only every few days, but I just posted a study that showed the 1/3 of participants with idiopathic ED permanently recovered their sexual function after taking 50 mg naltrexone every day for 2 weeks. So honestly I have no idea lol.
krocius

Unread post by krocius »

I can confirm naltrexone worked for me too. My dosage was 50 mg daily for 3 days. I also have anhedonia and emotional blunting i definetely feel better right now. I planned to try it a long time ago before this thread was made so op didn't influence my decision (i also mentioned naltrexone in my thread in the past). It made me feel like i'm a human again rather then a zombie or an observer
lookingforacure

I just want to let you guys know that I think 50 mg didn’t work for me, and that only taking around 10 mg many times did the trick. It took me about a month to notice profound improvements.
garycooper

Unread post by garycooper »

Got a script for Naltrexone. I'll report in a couple of weeks.