Is Low Dose Naltrexone safe for us?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
dandelion5

Is Low Dose Naltrexone safe for us?

Unread post by dandelion5 »

Hello,
I've been doing better as far as PSSD goes for the past couple of years now. However I have other health issues going on, autoimmune and pain related, and my doctor has prescribed low dose naltrexone. I'm just so scared to take it out of fear that it could retrigger my PSSD. I see in LDN forums that some people say it substantially raised their libidos and intensified orgasm, but I also see some people who say it blunted their feelings. I can't seem to figure out why everyone seems to react so differently.

I'm at a point where my pain (neuropathy) is bad enough that I want to give it a shot, but I do worry about this obviously.

Anyone have any input?
ssinus

Re: Is Low Dose Naltrexone safe for us?

Unread post by ssinus »

Hey,
I tried it in the past - I read a lot of reports from people who took it, most of them were positive, so I gave it a shot - unfortunately it was disaster for me. I took first dose LDN (dissolved in solution - 4mg if Im not mistaken) before bed - in the middle of the night I woke up from nightmare with horrible tinnitus and extreme high heart rate - tinnitus subsided 90% after some time but I still have it after 3 Yrs now. Next day when I woke up all PSSD symptoms worsened - genital anesthesia/shrinkage, everything, I was so pissed of - I really thought it could helped me - opposite happened - and after tons of things I have tried, LDN was the worst as the symptoms after the crash persists until today .
I barely found any negative report or comment on LDN - it just proves the rule that everyone is different. I just want to share my experience, I have never tried it since and wont for sure. I dont think it is the silver bullet.
Take care !