Finities-infinities intro. Very strong enormous anhedonia.

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
finities infinities

Re: Finities-infinities intro. Very strong enormous anhedonia.

Unread post by finities infinities »

I have been sending replies to you for some time and they are not coming.
All these problems are caused by DNA methylation from rebound.
Don't take chlorprothixene, it screwed up my life even more.
I wish I could find myself in the state I was in when I wrote this thread. Don't take any rare psychotropics! If you want to upregulate 5ht2 then take reserpine.
Terabithia

Unread post by Terabithia »

Xoatic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:35 am I had pssd and I thought the problem was due to dopamine receptors, so I took risperidone because of this and I was devastated. Big crash.. completly feel diffrent pure anhedonia nightmares no hunger zero libido ibs etc. I can feel this is diffent from pssd.. then I started researching and saw that there are olanzapine and risperidone users like me who experience this situation. The common feature of these two drugs is that they are inverse agonists to the 5ht2a receptor and they destroy 5ht2a density by half, as it is said in this research https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 0806001882 now I have two different illnes 5ht2a density downregulation and pssd. pssd looks like an angel next to the first one if you ask me, like you said it’s terror.. i was so hopeless and sad until i read your story because you got rid of risperidone-induced symptomps with chlorprothixene. Can you check your dms
Is it possible that 5ht2a was desensitized from taking any of the following: St. John’s Wort, low dose mushrooms, marijuana, ALCAR, Taurine, or Phenibut? My symptoms seem really similar to yours.
emu567

Unread post by emu567 »

Hi ,
I’m wondering if anyone has any advice . I have been suffering from anhedonia for about a year now . I am unable to feel pleasure from eating , sex, bathing or massage . It’s a real physical ache and absence of pleasure. I was wondering does anyone know how to regenerate damaged dopamine receptors as I have been told that’s what I’m suffering from . Basically how to get more pleasure out of life?
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

Xoatic wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:35 am I had pssd and I thought the problem was due to dopamine receptors, so I took risperidone because of this and I was devastated. Big crash.. completly feel diffrent pure anhedonia nightmares no hunger zero libido ibs etc. I can feel this is diffent from pssd.. then I started researching and saw that there are olanzapine and risperidone users like me who experience this situation. The common feature of these two drugs is that they are inverse agonists to the 5ht2a receptor and they destroy 5ht2a density by half, as it is said in this research https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 0806001882 now I have two different illnes 5ht2a density downregulation and pssd. pssd looks like an angel next to the first one if you ask me, like you said it’s terror.. i was so hopeless and sad until i read your story because you got rid of risperidone-induced symptomps with chlorprothixene. Can you check your dms
This is not "anhedonia", but emotional blunting. The cluster of symptoms you describe fits some form of frontal syndrome.

D3 receptor is inhibitory in action. It's agonism shuts down activity in cortical and subcortical neural networks connected to emotional processing. From there probably comes emotional blunting, frontal release symptoms and so called "antidepressant effect" ( by not feeling emotions ). Selective D3 antagonism in low dose would be interesting to test in post antipsychotic users. Unfortunately no such selective agent exist on the market. Non-selective D2/D3 have too wide action resulting in antipsychotic effect ( not helpful in anything )

If you took long term any drug affecting particular neurotransmitter system you have to consider there is some damage in that system. To omit crash always test in 1/10 or even 1/20 of normal dose, make at least 7 days break between doses for effects not become adapted and observe yourself. Normal doses are overdoses for people like us.
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

Something is strange about D3 receptors is the drugs that act on them have always caused me strange symptoms. Maybe there is a connection between D3 and methylation?