Success Stories (Official Thread)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
dosp35

Re: Success Stories (Official Thread)

Unread post by dosp35 »

Charles10 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:30 pm
Naczoz wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:12 am You are still on a ssri and testosterone, quit them and then we'll talk.
First, vortioxetine is not a ssri, it's a serotonine modulator and multimodal antidepressant, acting as an agonist and antagonist, depending on which serotonin receptors.

Besides that, i never said i would be cured if i quit these medications. I know that i will be back and get worse. But i totally prefer taking them for indeterminate time, i dont care, as long as I'm fine that's what matters.
I have PSSD that was caused by Pristiq 200mg many years ago and the problem seems to be permanent. I've already taken vortioxetine 15mg and did not have any sexual side effects from it. But anyway, I've quit vortioxetine because I'm afraid it can get my PSSD worse as time goes by because it's also a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. But it's a great medicine, at least for me.
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Remeron 45mg
Rexulti 2mg
Vyvanse 70mg
dosp35

Unread post by dosp35 »

Ivel wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:36 pm Hallo,

I want you to tell me my story. Im a wife and I'm 30 years old and i have pssd since 7 years.
I have test a lot of things, nothing can help me. I hate touch me. I don't feel like having sex anymore. I have lost a part of me for 7 years.
For a few weeks i read a report of a young man with pssd who takes EDOVIS from APHARMACA and he takes this about 3 months and it helps him. I thougt i test EDOVIS too.
Now i take it since 4 weeks and i think i get my old life back. i have hope for the first time in 7 years.
I've read a lot of positive things about EDOVIS too. I wish to try it to see if it brings any benefits to my PSSD condition. I'm happy it worked for you. For me, what is working currently is yohimbine + tadalafil. But I'll try EDOVIS as soon as possible.
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Remeron 45mg
Rexulti 2mg
Vyvanse 70mg
dsnider85

Unread post by dsnider85 »

Hey guys, I wanted to make this post because I felt like I owed it to the group. In short, I have achieved recovery for myself by (from what I believe) getting back on my SSRI (Sertraline).

First off, I realize this might not be the most popular solution for many / most / some people, but it’s what’s working for me, and I felt like I should share. None of what I’m saying is a recommendation to anyone. These are all personal decisions, and everyone has to make their own choice for what they think is best for them. I also recognize that what might work for one person might not work for another. So take what I’m saying as purely informational purposes only.

I have been on and off SSRIs since I was 18. I have diagnosed OCD, and the SSRIs were helpful in getting my OCD under control. For several years through my 20s, I was on an incredibly high daily dose of 200 mg of Sertraline per day, as prescribed by a clinical psychiatrist. Note that for my entire life (since puberty), I’d never had an issue with sexual functioning, whether on or off SSRIs.

But in 2018 (at that time I was 33), I was in a particularly good mental state, and so I started to slowly titrate off my meds. About a week after I was completely off the Sertraline, I noticed that my sex drive seemed to be diminished. A romantic fling developed around this time, and I was having difficulty getting or maintaining an erection. I would characterize my sexual dysfunction issues as moderate: my libido seemed to be noticeably diminished, getting any erection was harder than it used to be, I had trouble keeping an erection, and when I did keep one, I would ejaculate much much faster than before. Again, I wouldn’t characterize my sexual dysfunction as mild or severe, but as moderate. I was having a very noticeable decline in sexual functioning, the decline was negatively effecting my relationships, and it was causing me distress.

I stayed off the Sertraline for about a full year, and unfortunately, the sexual functioning didn’t seem to be improving. At some point, probably about 12 to 18 months since I’d gotten off my meds, I got back on them. I think I did it for a mix of reasons: I was having some OCD and anxiety, but I also thought that getting back on them might help with my sexual functioning.

At some point after getting back on them (I’m currently taking 100 mg per day of Sertraline), my sexual functioning improved back pretty much to baseline as it was before I started having any issues. The only thing that still seems to linger is that I cum a bit faster than I did before. But having the discipline to slow down or pause during sex, helps me last longer. It’s not really a big issue at all.

Anyways, I hope all this makes sense. And again, I’m not giving anyone advice here. I just wanted to let people know what happened with me, and share. Of course, I cannot prove that the cessation of the SSRI is what caused my sexual issues, and I cannot prove that getting back on the SSRI is what helped remedied them (the brain is very powerful, placebo effect is real, etc), but this is my recollection of what happened.

I will check this message board some in the future, and I’m happy to answer any questions that any one has. I wish everyone the very very best of luck.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

dsnider85 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:09 pm Hey guys, I wanted to make this post because I felt like I owed it to the group. In short, I have achieved recovery for myself by (from what I believe) getting back on my SSRI (Sertraline).

First off, I realize this might not be the most popular solution for many / most / some people, but it’s what’s working for me, and I felt like I should share. None of what I’m saying is a recommendation to anyone. These are all personal decisions, and everyone has to make their own choice for what they think is best for them. I also recognize that what might work for one person might not work for another. So take what I’m saying as purely informational purposes only.

I have been on and off SSRIs since I was 18. I have diagnosed OCD, and the SSRIs were helpful in getting my OCD under control. For several years through my 20s, I was on an incredibly high daily dose of 200 mg of Sertraline per day, as prescribed by a clinical psychiatrist. Note that for my entire life (since puberty), I’d never had an issue with sexual functioning, whether on or off SSRIs.

But in 2018 (at that time I was 33), I was in a particularly good mental state, and so I started to slowly titrate off my meds. About a week after I was completely off the Sertraline, I noticed that my sex drive seemed to be diminished. A romantic fling developed around this time, and I was having difficulty getting or maintaining an erection. I would characterize my sexual dysfunction issues as moderate: my libido seemed to be noticeably diminished, getting any erection was harder than it used to be, I had trouble keeping an erection, and when I did keep one, I would ejaculate much much faster than before. Again, I wouldn’t characterize my sexual dysfunction as mild or severe, but as moderate. I was having a very noticeable decline in sexual functioning, the decline was negatively effecting my relationships, and it was causing me distress.

I stayed off the Sertraline for about a full year, and unfortunately, the sexual functioning didn’t seem to be improving. At some point, probably about 12 to 18 months since I’d gotten off my meds, I got back on them. I think I did it for a mix of reasons: I was having some OCD and anxiety, but I also thought that getting back on them might help with my sexual functioning.

At some point after getting back on them (I’m currently taking 100 mg per day of Sertraline), my sexual functioning improved back pretty much to baseline as it was before I started having any issues. The only thing that still seems to linger is that I cum a bit faster than I did before. But having the discipline to slow down or pause during sex, helps me last longer. It’s not really a big issue at all.

Anyways, I hope all this makes sense. And again, I’m not giving anyone advice here. I just wanted to let people know what happened with me, and share. Of course, I cannot prove that the cessation of the SSRI is what caused my sexual issues, and I cannot prove that getting back on the SSRI is what helped remedied them (the brain is very powerful, placebo effect is real, etc), but this is my recollection of what happened.

I will check this message board some in the future, and I’m happy to answer any questions that any one has. I wish everyone the very very best of luck.
Thank you for the post. You don't owe anything.

Question: did you experienced genital numbness? can you feel your dick wholly now? normal orgasms? normal sexuality?
You must be so happy.

Hey, thank you. I'm happy for you and to see the Universe has mercy at times.
JakeLawe

Unread post by JakeLawe »

dsnider85 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:09 pm Hey guys, I wanted to make this post because I felt like I owed it to the group. In short, I have achieved recovery for myself by (from what I believe) getting back on my SSRI (Sertraline).

You think is nocebo what "kept" you there and placebo what has reversed things back? Just knowing you are taking sertraline for mental health again?
FindGoodNickname

Unread post by FindGoodNickname »

I just wanted to chime in because with Modafinil (which I take against narcolepsia), my symptoms are extremely reduced.
And I feel horny again.
So there is definitively something that helps.

At first I thought it was only temporarily, but it seems to stay like that.
Today I have sex with my gf in the morning, and then in the afternoon, I was so horny that I could not resist masturbating (even though I still had to work and don't like being so groggy after having had an orgasm).

So if anybody is desperate, he might use my posting as a glimpse of hope.

Btw. narcolepsia definitively developed during taking Sertraline. And 1 year after withdrawal + PSSD, it become worse and worse. If I don't take any medication, I sleep 17 hours / day and feel like in a dream for the rest of the day.
But Modafinil helps me well.
prop

Unread post by prop »

FindGoodNickname wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:48 pmdon't like being so groggy after having had an orgasm
You have POIS?
Archive of PSSD recovery stories: https://pssd.netlify.app/