Arc intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Arc

Arc intro

Unread post by Arc »

Hello World!

I'm Arc, or arcanechart on Reddit/Discord. I've been symptomatic with PSSD since 2019 after just 4 days of taking 25mg of sertraline, though I foolishly kept taking it and didn't quit until 2020 due to assuming it would be a temporary sacrifice. It wasn't, and I also got hit with SSRI-induced apathy on the medication which nearly cost me everything.

At this point, I've slowly partially recovered over time, but still deal with genital numbness, loss of arousal, weak orgasms, and residual emotional blunting to this day. In part due to the latter, I unfortunately more or less rely on Elvanse (lisdexamfetamine) to get things done because I'm still practically immune to stress/fear/anxiety, which, as it turns out, is surprisingly inconvenient in combination with ADHD, which is what was initially misdiagnosed as depression to begin with. Aside from that, I also have a few physical health issues that I've been focusing on in hopes that taking a holistic approach will help speed up natural recovery. I've only had one crash so far which seemed to result from a combination of Strattera (atomoxetine), excessive exercise and undereating.

I'm fortunate to be in one of the countries that recognize this condition, and have been diagnosed with PSSD in real life. I've also been in contact with local patients who have been found to be positive for things like small fiber neuropathy and autoimmune encephalitis as a result of SSRI use, which suggests that PSSD could turn out to be a form of autoimmune nerve damage. I haven't personally been tested for these because I'm a relatively mild case by comparison, and my doctor thought that it'd be a good idea to see if time heals this since I've already had some improvement, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't secretly hope that one day, an invitation to volunteer in a study would arrive in the mail. :lol: