Zinc fixed my sleep and stunned brain feeling upon waking

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Terabithia

Zinc fixed my sleep and stunned brain feeling upon waking

Unread post by Terabithia »

For the past few months since I got PSSD i’ve been having the worst sleep. I remain unconscious throughout the night but when I wake up in the morning it’s as though I hadn’t slept all night, like my body and mind remained awake through the night. I don’t feel tired or groggy or anything like that but i’m not refreshed either. It’s just a very disturbing feeling and I call it being stunned awake. I wake up and instantly feel like my brain doesn’t feel right and it sets my day off to a bad start every time because it’s the first PSSD symptom I feel along with no morning wood which I used to get every day.

Long story short, 50mg of Zinc Citrate before bed completely nullified the sleep issues i’ve been having. I woke up feeling like I actually slept. That groggy morning feeling returned and I felt the urge to actually go back to sleep whereas before I could’ve jumped out of bed after 3 hours and feel more or less the same as sleeping for the full 8 hours. The stunned awake feeling went away and my brain felt like my old brain. Basically I woke up with no complaints aside from no morning wood. The only other supplement I found to nullify this sleep symptom is Phenibut which allows me to wake up as though from a very deep and refreshing slumber (better than my pre-PSSD sleep even).

I don’t know if Zinc is helping due to its activity on aromatase, androgen receptor binding, or the fact that it’s just a good sleep aid and CNS depressant. I won’t take it tonight and i’ll see if the sleep problems return.

I know some people over in the PFS forum theorize that zinc/ copper ratios play a role in these conditions. It’s interesting that zinc has activity on hundreds of enzymes and has a direct action on many things theorized to relate to PSSD, PFS, PAS and other similar conditions.