Could the mods add a “cured stories” section?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Terabithia

Could the mods add a “cured stories” section?

Unread post by Terabithia »

I think it would be beneficial to have a specific section where we could post and read through all the cured stories.
TalkingAnt

Re: Could the mods add a “cured stories” section?

Unread post by TalkingAnt »

It's a good idea. There are many such stories buried in the archives of this forum, and it wouldn't be such a pain to find them if this section existed in the first place. I am thinking it could be called "success stories" to be a little more broad. I worry however that if we create it right away, newcomers will see an empty category and wrongly conclude there are no success stories, so it would be helpful to gather some threads to move over there ahead of time. I'll be looking into this over the next week and would appreciate any help locating threads with success stories, posted either here or DM me. Also, I encourage any feedback/suggestions on how to proceed.
Cured | PSSD 2012-2020 | Log thread
Terabithia

Unread post by Terabithia »

I was thinking maybe the easiest way would be if we opened up the section and had a pinned post explaining how to make new posts in the section and the template to use. The heading could be “READ BEFORE POSTING”.

We could explain that post headings should follow a specific template that includes:
- username of original success story poster
- substances used that caused and cured their PSSD
- length of time with PSSD
- specific symptoms cured
- age before and after
- percentage recovered
- any other identifying information

This way we could reduce the chances of having duplicates posted so less work for the mods combining threads and removing duplicates.

As for the content of the post we would simply copy/ paste the original success story and provide a link to the original source whether it be on this forum or another. If the success story is not originally found in one single post then a summary of the success story should be posted with all relevant information.

It would be pretty bare bones for the first little while but I trust in the efforts of this community to scrape the web and have most of the success stories posted here within a few weeks. I will do my part as well and all it really takes is 5 or so people posting 10-20 success stories since I don’t think there are too many out there in the wild.
prop

Unread post by prop »

TalkingAnt wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:21 amI worry however that if we create it right away, newcomers will see an empty category and wrongly conclude there are no success stories
r/pssdhealing has a list of 50 success stories, could start with those, another 50 could probably be found with some digging
Archive of PSSD recovery stories: https://pssd.netlify.app/