Blood Results Show Elevated Liver Enzymes and TSH

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Terabithia

Blood Results Show Elevated Liver Enzymes and TSH

Unread post by Terabithia »

I have been successfully treating my hashimoto’s hypothyroidism for years now and my bloods have always been within range. I increased my desiccated thyroid a few months ago by half a grain so if anything my TSH should be even lower than it was three months ago (~2 mIU/L). What could cause my TSH to drastically rise since my last blood test 3 months ago?

My ALT was within normal range 6 and 9 months ago but now it is elevated. There was a slight increase between the 9 month ago and 6 month ago mark but both were still within range.

AST: 155 U/L — normal range <45 U/L — elevated
ALT: 100 U/L — normal range <60 U/L — elevated
ALP: within range
TSH: 9 mIU/L — normal range 0.2 - 6 mIU/L — elevated

Is PSSD a liver problem? Are the drugs we took still recirculating in our bodies unable to be metabolized and causing damage? Should I do a liver cleanse/ toxin cleanse? I know these enzymes are found in other parts of the body as well but mainly liver. Is this the reason why P450 inducers have an affect in some of us? What other testing should I do?

I attribute the cause of my PSSD partly to SJW which is a P450 enzyme inducer. Could it be that inducing P450 enzymes caused an increase in toxic metabolites from past SSRI and other drugs/ xenobiotic/ hormones which led to PSSD?
tonyareias

Re: Blood Results Show Elevated Liver Enzymes and TSH

Unread post by tonyareias »

Except TSH. Alcohol, Sweets, Covid, … can give these values.
Last edited by tonyareias on Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terabithia

What could cause my TSH to spike after getting PSSD? Also I was fasting for 16 hours for the test.
guacamo

Unread post by guacamo »

Every single person suffers some form of health issue, if you check your health then you may find that there are some things not working properly. High TSH=hypothyroidism, which is very prevalent issue, it is estimated that around 10%~ of population has underactive thyroid. One of the reasons of your elevated TSH may be normal disease progression or other causes, should have been consulted with your doctor. It is an example of cognitive bias:
1. You have PSSD, you know PSSD is a disease which presents itself as a set of symptoms
2. You look what underlying causes are of PSSD causing symptoms.
3. You find high TSH.
4. You make assumption that part of your symptoms are due to high TSH, which itself was caused by taking SSRI's.

Scientific theories often have component of cognitive bias in them, the point of scientific theory is to check out if it is actually part of reality, or it is what it is in this case - a bias in thinking.
I do no mean to offend you, but there are thousands of people who have PSSD and had blood check in one point or another. It is a standard procedure during routine blood check to check out liver enzymes, TSH, complete blood count. Something so obvious would've caught the eye a long time ago if there was correlation and even if there was indeed, correlation does not mean causation, but merely people who are depressed often may have underactive thyroid. There is no causation or correlation between hormone levels in plasma and PSSD, because if that would be correct it would also be super easy to prove. High liver enzymes may be caused by anything, transient alcohol use, some supplement, over the counter medication to treat fever. These enzymes have certain half life so going to check them even like 3 or 4 days after binge drinking or other form of stress may show elevated AST, ALT. It is merely a coincidence in your case.

"Drugs still circulating in your body theory" isn't correct either. No matter how fucked up your live would be, it would've eventually filter exogenous substance like SSRI anyway, may just take longer. If your body would've lose this ability completely, then you would die, which happens in end stage corrhosis.

SJW induces P450 CYP3A4, but it goes into normal range withing few days of cessation, unless you took SJW with SSRI (which i guess you did not, because it is a basic interaction to avoid, that is always written on package insert), it will not influence SSRI metabolism.
Terabithia

I completely understand all of that but my TSH has been in check for the past two years. I get regular blood tests done every 6 months and take my medication everyday. My TSH never rises above 2. I just find it odd how after I got PSSD my TSH rises so high. If anything my TSH should be lower than my last blood test value since I increased my thyroid medication dosage since then.

Could my thyroid medication not be metabolizing in the liver properly after getting PSSD for some reason?