Lack of libido or asexuality?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Theon

Lack of libido or asexuality?

Unread post by Theon »

I was reading some stuff about asexuality on the internet and I stumbled on this: http://www.asexualityarchive.com/things ... sexuality/

"Asexuality is not a lack of libido:
Libido is also known as a sex drive, that is, the desire or impulse to experience sexual satisfaction. Some asexuals do have a libido, it’s just that it’s essentially aimless. Their bits downstairs will activate and call out for attention, but that doesn’t make a person feel sexually attracted toward anyone else."

And I actually feel related to it; I do have a libido, in the sense that it's difficult for me to stay 3 days or more without masturbating. I feel the physical urge to masturbate, but this urge is aimless. Before pssd I was very sexual, I loved girls, and I linked masturbating with girls, now I often have the physical need of masturbating, but I don't feel much when I look at a naked girl.

So what do you guys think?, can this be asexuality caused by ssri, instead of just loss of libido?
EricCartmanRJ

Re: Lack of libido or asexuality?

Unread post by EricCartmanRJ »

it reminds me one episode of House.

House S8e9
"(...)Meanwhile, Wilson treats a woman who claims to be in a chaste marriage and House becomes obsessed with proving her lack of interest in sex has an organic cause.(...)"

There is no such thing as asexuality.
Theon

Unread post by Theon »

well, this forum says otherwise, and it's much bigger than this one, http://www.asexuality.org/en/
Blackout

Unread post by Blackout »

As someone who was raised to see anything sexual with overt aversion and at the same time having to cope with a very high libido, they are totally different things. I always tried to fight my sexual nature, and at one point convinced me that I wanted to be asexual. In early 2005 I managed to go 4 months without sexual thought and without masturbation -while in general, and against my rational wishes, I used to spend a lot of time thinking about sex and feeling guilty about that-. I was a fool not to accept my nature well in time before the onset of this hell.

EDIT: the biggest irony is that when I dreamed of being asexual forever, I wished there was some kind of chemical that could neutralize those animal urges -as I saw them-. And here it is, the perfect chemical castration, but more than that, living death.
Last edited by Blackout on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
future-recovery

Unread post by future-recovery »

PSSD made me nearly asexual (within days!). Many people with PSSD became nearly asexual instead of a mere lack of libido.
PSSD can cause that women/men don't attract you much anymore and that there is no love anymore. It's one of the worst things PSSD can cause.
German fmri study about PSSD could be possible! Criteria: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1020
Send a mail to user sulawesi: sulawesi1@web.de
Blackout

Unread post by Blackout »

future-recovery wrote:PSSD made me nearly asexual (within days!). Many people with PSSD became nearly asexual instead of a mere lack of libido.
PSSD can cause that women/men don't attract you much anymore and that there is no love anymore. It's one of the worst things PSSD can cause.
Chemically induced asexuality, yes, that is it. But you know inside your mind that you don't want to be that way.