An Excellent Explaination of How SSRI's Inhibit Sert

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Tree

Re: An Excellent Explaination of How SSRI's Inhibit Sert

Unread post by Tree »

wardeath wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:57 am How can we get this medication?
No idea but I'll try it as soon as I can
wardeath

Unread post by wardeath »

Tree wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:36 am
Are their any other ways to upregulate sert?
Fluvoxamin 100mg + Patril beta 10 for 1 week in dec 2021 quit ct
Fluoxetine 20 mg for 25 days quit ct on 11th feb 2022
Currently drug free
Suffering from ed and low libido
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

wardeath wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:50 pm
I haven't been able to find any other drug or supplement able to raise sert in the dorsal raphe, which this drug is reported to do. It seems to work in complete opposite of ssris. This is exciting.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

Tree wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:48 am

I haven't been able to find any other drug or supplement able to raise sert in the dorsal raphe, which this drug is reported to do. It seems to work in complete opposite of ssris. This is exciting.
Wtf, can you guys read ? It's does the same thing as SSRI, DISRUPTING SERT- NNOS. Disrupting= downregulating.
Disrupting the SERT-nNOS interaction produced a fast-onset antidepressant effect by enhancing serotonin signaling in forebrain circuits. We discovered a small-molecule compound, ZZL-7, that elicited an antidepressant effect 2 hours after treatment without undesirable side effects.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

fellow1 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:12 pm

Wtf, can you guys read ? It's does the same thing as SSRI, DISRUPTING SERT- NNOS. Disrupting= downregulating.
Disrupting the SERT-nNOS interaction produced a fast-onset antidepressant effect by enhancing serotonin signaling in forebrain circuits. We discovered a small-molecule compound, ZZL-7, that elicited an antidepressant effect 2 hours after treatment without undesirable side effects.
It decreases serotonin by increasing sert in the Raphe I've found no other drug capable of doing that
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Tree wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:13 pm
fellow1 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:12 pm

By dissociating nNOS it decreases serotonin by increasing sert in the Raphe. I've found no other drug capable of doing that.
Answers

Unread post by Answers »

This is really confusing to because I thought we had to raise nitric oxide and that it was beneficial to do so. But if doing that decreases SERT then this sucks.

All this seems to be is one contradiction after another
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

There are several different nitric oxide isoforms but not all of these isoforms might be bad for pssd. It appears though that too much neuronal nitric oxide or nNOS inhibits sert in the Dorsal Raphe. Increased nNOS may not be the cause of pssd, but we might get symptom relief at least, if nnos inhibits sert less effectively from ZZL-7.
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Here we see the chronic effects on the brain's serotonin system where the feedback 5-HT1A is internalized/desensitized and damaged by uncoupling from it's g-protein and losing part of it's function. But these recover after discontinuation, only the transporter SERT is actually degraded over time and does not restore. The situation that is somewhat similar as having a genetic short allele and low expression of SERT.

Effects of the antidepressant fluoxetine on the subcellular localization of 5-HT1A receptors and SERT

ABSTRACT​
Serotonin (5-HT) 5-HT1A autoreceptors (5-HT1AautoR) and the plasmalemmal 5-HT transporter (SERT) are key elements in the regulation of central 5-HT function and its responsiveness to antidepressant drugs. Previous immuno-electron microscopic studies in rats have demonstrated an internalization of 5-HT1AautoR upon acute administration of the selective agonist 8-OH-DPAT or the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressant fluoxetine. Interestingly, it was subsequently shown in cats as well as in humans that this internalization is detectable by positron emission tomography (PET) imaging with the 5-HT1A radioligand [18F]MPPF. Further immunocytochemical studies also revealed that, after chronic fluoxetine treatment, the 5-HT1AautoR, although present in normal density on the plasma membrane of 5-HT cell bodies and dendrites, do not internalize when challenged with 8-OH-DPAT. Resensitization requires several weeks after discontinuation of the chronic fluoxetine treatment. In contrast, the SERT internalizes in both the cell bodies and axon terminals of 5-HT neurons after chronic but not acute fluoxetine treatment. Moreover, the total amount of SERT immunoreactivity is then reduced, suggesting that SERT is not only internalized, but also degraded in the course of the treatment. Ongoing and future investigations prompted by these finding are briefly outlined by way of conclusion.
heymartinn

Unread post by heymartinn »

I wonder what abnormalities would SERT imaging show in a group of PSSD sufferers. Evidence of persistently lowered sert activity would not only be a great biomarker but also be a great aid in a class action lawsuit I suppose.

Those who are more educated on the technical stuff, let us know if it's even viable option:

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 00172/full