Serotonin Receptors

This is a place to post research you have done on the topic along with your conclusions.
Tree

Re: Serotonin Receptors

Unread post by Tree »

wardeath wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:30 pm
Tree wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:13 am
Terabithia wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:59 am You mentioned 5ht2B in your earlier comment did you mean 5ht2C? Also how does erectile dysfunction fit into this picture since it seems to be that 5ht2C activation promotes erection.
5ht1a receptors are also responsible for penile erections
My only problem is erectile dysfunction which i got after using ssri for only 7 days.....any kind of experiment which i can try on myself? I haven't tried any supplement yet

I've tried everything with no success. I believe only way to get symptom relief will be to upregulate sert in the dorsal raphe.
wardeath

Unread post by wardeath »

Tree wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:41 pm
Tree wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:13 am

5ht1a receptors are also responsible for penile erections
My only problem is erectile dysfunction which i got after using ssri for only 7 days.....any kind of experiment which i can try on myself? I haven't tried any supplement yet

I've tried everything with no success. I believe only way to get symptom relief will be to upregulate sert in the dorsal raphe.
Have you tried bacopa? I heard it can upregulate sert
Fluvoxamin 100mg + Patril beta 10 for 1 week in dec 2021 quit ct
Fluoxetine 20 mg for 25 days quit ct on 11th feb 2022
Currently drug free
Suffering from ed and low libido
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

wardeath wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:24 pm

I have but the problem is it also increases serotonin. For me anything that raises serotonin seems to make symptoms worse. There's also no studies I've found that show it upregulates sert in the Raphe specifically. It might be worth a try but be cautious.
wardeath

Tree wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:11 am

I have but the problem is it also increases serotonin. For me anything that raises serotonin seems to make symptoms worse. There's also no studies I've found that show it upregulates sert in the Raphe specifically. It might be worth a try but be cautious.
I tried bacopa once, it caused penil numbness...so i quit...
Maybe i will give it one more chance...i saw a study where it was written that alcohol can upregulate sert...do you have any about it?
Currently drug free
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

wardeath wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:34 am
Maybe i will give it one more chance...i saw a study where it was written that alcohol can upregulate sert...do you have any about it?
Same to be honest bacopa is serotonergic. All herbs are generally. Before I crashed, from a 5ht1a agonist, alcohol was one of the few things that gave me subtle relief. Now my baseline is f-cked and it doesn't do anything. I believe my worsening baseline has to do with further receptor desensitization. Alcohol raises sert through cAMP activation but ssri's inhibit sert through a different pathway.
wardeath

Tree wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:02 am
wardeath wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:34 am

Same to be honest bacopa is serotonergic. All herbs are generally. Before I crashed, from a 5ht1a agonist, alcohol was one of the few things that gave me subtle relief. Now my baseline is f-cked and it doesn't do anything. I believe my worsening baseline has to do with further receptor desensitization. Alcohol raises sert through cAMP activation but ssri's inhibit sert through a different pathway.
Maybe i will combine some other supplement with bacopa and see some results...what crashed you?
Currently drug free
redditorx4

Unread post by redditorx4 »

guys before taking anything dont because you might crash. i took camel urine out of desperation and it improved me and gave me 100% hardness nocturnal erections. now that i stopped taking camel urine i dont get erections anymore but i will try taking it again

it seems like its not a cure but rather a treatment i might be wrong

btw my reddit name is meen_28x