Something interesting that happened to me

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Terabithia

Something interesting that happened to me

Unread post by Terabithia »

Here’s the timeline of events:

Earlier in the day I took ALCAR to probe the 5ht1a agonism response and during the day I didn’t really feel any effects. Later that night the trouble began when I seemed to have caught the stomach bug that my entire family had. I vomited around 10 times over the course of 4 hours and had constant diarrhea. By the end of it I was severely dehydrated and was replenishing electrolytes with gatorade.

Here’s the interesting part. Throughout my sickness and afterwards as I was trying to fall asleep I realized I couldn’t. I was experiencing extreme insomnia, existential dread, head pressure, deep agitation and mental distress to the point where it felt like my head was on fire. It’s as though a slideshow of all my worst moments were being reeled infront of me and I was forced to watch each one with agony. My body was shaking and I was also cold and felt as thought I had to hum or make noise every minute or so to ease the distress. It felt as I imagine it would to get the soul sucked out of you by a death eater from Harry Potter. All the light in my life was gone and I was in a deep depressive and hopeless state. It was extremely distressing.

I had the idea that perhaps this wasn’t a result of the stomach bug but instead a symptom of the ALCAR I took ~10 hours earlier. I had some Cyproheptadine on hand and decided to try a serotonin blockade. I took a 4mg pill and within 20 minutes it felt like a vacuum was plugged into my brain and sucked out all the mental anguish. I physically felt a whooshing sensation and my brain felt instantly lighter and I muttered to myself “it’s gone”. A complete 180 in my mental state after a single 4mg cyproheptadine pill.

Now my questions are:
Was I experiencing serotonin syndrome and if so was it linked to the stomach bug or to the ALCAR?

Would I still have gotten the stomach bug if I did not take ALCAR earlier that day? I have a suspicion that 5ht1a agonism opened the door to me catching whatever it was because I was exposed to the same people who were sick for the past week and hadn’t gotten sick until the day I took ALCAR.

If the mental symptoms and distress were caused by the ALCAR and not the bug what does that indicate in regards to my pathophysiology?

Why did Cyproheptadine instantly cure me?

I’ve been keeping a log of everything i’m experiencing on a daily basis and all my trials and I will be posting any new developments.
tonyareias

Re: Something interesting that happened to me

Unread post by tonyareias »

Cyproheptadine is antiserotonergic.
PEUS_DEUS

Unread post by PEUS_DEUS »

It wasn’t the cypro. Cypro takes 2-4 hours to kick in with only 4mg. Even in cases where large amounts are used for serotonin syndrome it still takes an hour for effects.
Terabithia

PEUS_DEUS wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:32 am It wasn’t the cypro. Cypro takes 2-4 hours to kick in with only 4mg. Even in cases where large amounts are used for serotonin syndrome it still takes an hour for effects.
That’s very odd then. Could it be that I wasn’t experiencing serotonin syndrome but some weird effects from the ALCAR 5ht1a agonism that the Cyproheptadine could’ve resolved within 30 minutes?
PEUS_DEUS

Unread post by PEUS_DEUS »

Terabithia wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:54 am
PEUS_DEUS wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:32 am It wasn’t the cypro. Cypro takes 2-4 hours to kick in with only 4mg. Even in cases where large amounts are used for serotonin syndrome it still takes an hour for effects.
That’s very odd then. Could it be that I wasn’t experiencing serotonin syndrome but some weird effects from the ALCAR 5ht1a agonism that the Cyproheptadine could’ve resolved within 30 minutes?
I don’t think so. ALCAR is nice but it’s not super potent for 5HT1A nor is that it’s only target. I wouldn’t consider it a great probe for that. I think more likely is that you’re just sick or your body hated getting a supplement in it while sick and it’s a coincidence. I’d be willing to bet once you’re no longer sick that ALCAR won’t have that kind of effect when dosed again. Was it a capsule or a powder mix with flavorings and what not?
Terabithia

I’ll consider taking ALCAR again after I finish my current protocol. I’ve been making great improvements lately and I don’t want to jeopardize that.