Is there other large PSSD forums on the internet?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
lepardglass

Is there other large PSSD forums on the internet?

Unread post by lepardglass »

I only know of this and r/PSSD on reddit. It seems every time i visit there are less and less people. Where are all the people with PSSD?
Surely there are more PSSD sufferers than ever who have an internet connection.. I get that google and other big tech companies work with big pharma to give these forums the least exposure possible, but still...I remember 15 years ago it was much more active.
arahant

Re: Is there other large PSSD forums on the internet?

Unread post by arahant »

lepardglass wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:04 pm I only know of this and r/PSSD on reddit. It seems every time i visit there are less and less people. Where are all the people with PSSD?
Surely there are more PSSD sufferers than ever who have an internet connection.. I get that google and other big tech companies work with big pharma to give these forums the least exposure possible, but still...I remember 15 years ago it was much more active.
You might be wrong, contrary to your beliefs of Google/big pharma conspiracy "hiding exposure", the pssd reddit has grown a lot recently.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

There's a FB group, and a discord group as well
lepardglass

GIXXER wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:49 pm There's a FB group, and a discord group as well
Good to know thank you. Although i doubt most people would be willing to talk about this openely on FB
lepardglass

arahant wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:09 pm
lepardglass wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:04 pm I only know of this and r/PSSD on reddit. It seems every time i visit there are less and less people. Where are all the people with PSSD?
You might be wrong, contrary to your beliefs of Google/big pharma conspiracy "hiding exposure", the pssd reddit has grown a lot recently.
You'd be shocked to see how much useful PSSD info and resources you could find on Google in 2010. And i wouldn't call this a conspiracy, it's just part of how you market pharmaceutical products: one part is selling the positive by advertising and another is minimizing the negatives. Both can be paid for and go into the marketing expenses in their financial statements.
vk13

Unread post by vk13 »

Sorry but my experience in reddit is not good... Many trolls and i have read many false statements and opinions there... Also rude and unreliable users...
Dubya_B

Unread post by Dubya_B »

lepardglass wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:00 pm You'd be shocked to see how much useful PSSD info and resources you could find on Google in 2010.
You would be shocked to see how much useful info and resources you could find on Google (or search engines in general) prior to ~2020.
Welcome to near total commercialization of the internet, and good luck navigating the search algorithms to find what you are actually looking for.

It's not just a problem with PSSD and post-drug syndromes, but difficult to find information specific to about any niche topic now. This is especially true of peer-to-peer discussions on internet forums.

One positive change is that you can now find mention of PFS and PSSD in legitimate medical literature.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

Dubya_B wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:25 am
lepardglass wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:00 pm You'd be shocked to see how much useful PSSD info and resources you could find on Google in 2010.
You would be shocked to see how much useful info and resources you could find on Google (or search engines in general) prior to ~2020.
Welcome to near total commercialization of the internet, and good luck navigating the search algorithms to find what you are actually looking for.

It's not just a problem with PSSD and post-drug syndromes, but difficult to find information specific to about any niche topic now. This is especially true of peer-to-peer discussions on internet forums.

One positive change is that you can now find mention of PFS and PSSD in legitimate medical literature.
Not only google, but also Facebook with terrible groups and other social media without structured or even persisting content.

This is the reality, so have to be accepted as it is. The only problem is with finding the right solution
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

BTW to an OP

This forum is a third forum dedicated to PSSD and in general a sixth specialized in the PSSD social community. Two previous forums were lost ( like for example original Sonny forum ). As a regard to social communities beside current ones there were also IRC / email list ( pre 2005 ) and Yahoo groups ( SSRIsex ).
I'm not even counting non PSSD forums and communities where PSSD was given a special attention ( Paxil Progress - deleted in very dubious circumstances )
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

sylv wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:41 am BTW to an OP

This forum is a third forum dedicated to PSSD and in general a sixth specialized in the PSSD social community. Two previous forums were lost ( like for example original Sonny forum ). As a regard to social communities beside current ones there were also IRC / email list ( pre 2005 ) and Yahoo groups ( SSRIsex ).
I'm not even counting non PSSD forums and communities where PSSD was given a special attention ( Paxil Progress - deleted in very dubious circumstances )
I was present at the hasty and dubious closure of paxilprogress... mysteries...