What are your thoughts on vortioxetine/Trintellix/Brintellix?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
ihatelexapro444

What are your thoughts on vortioxetine/Trintellix/Brintellix?

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

I heard it's similar to an SSRI, but slightly different, it's something called serotonin modulator. Has anyone here tried this? It's also been reported to not have sexual side effects.
climb

Re: What are your thoughts on vortioxetine/Trintellix/Brintellix?

Unread post by climb »

There's a recent paper titled 'Cutting the first turf to heal post ssri sexual dysfunction: a male retrospective cohort study' by Rosario De Luca, Mirjam Bonanno et al.

This paper seems to suggest that vorteoxetine lead to more improvements in the participants than some more commonly tried drugs such as bupropion. I found it through Google but I don't seem to be able to post the link because it goes straight into the pdf. Maybe it's something to do with my phone...

Anyway, it's definitely interesting based on the numbers in the study. I'm pretty sure that I've seen people reporting that they got PSSD from this drug, though.
Extremaduro

Unread post by Extremaduro »

2 weeks of vortioxetin use caused severe adhd and insomnia. its permanent. Its been 3 years and i m still dealing with it. It also causes pssd or worsen your condition
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

climb wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:57 am There's a recent paper titled 'Cutting the first turf to heal post ssri sexual dysfunction: a male retrospective cohort study' by Rosario De Luca, Mirjam Bonanno et al.

This paper seems to suggest that vorteoxetine lead to more improvements in the participants than some more commonly tried drugs such as bupropion. I found it through Google but I don't seem to be able to post the link because it goes straight into the pdf. Maybe it's something to do with my phone...

Anyway, it's definitely interesting based on the numbers in the study. I'm pretty sure that I've seen people reporting that they got PSSD from this drug, though.

I'm giving it a shot right now, I'm experiencing better sleep, improved cognition, and morning bones. I had tried it jn the past but never sticked to it, I'll give it a more serious show now also because I really need the cognitive boost because I have an important period ahead of me. Will keep you posted. BTW I also saw that study you mention and find it promising. There was also another study that demonstrated how 5mg is supposedly prosexual and this diminished the higher the dose
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

For sure, many guys got PSSD from vortioxetine. And this study claim it improve significantly people.
What i think is that the autor are wrong, saying they want to imbalance dopamine/serotonine. I think, it's more like SSRI reinstatement which have also improve many guys here. In SSRI re-instatement most of the time they used low dose and in this study the best improvement was with Brintellix 10mg (existe en 5, 10, 15, 20mg).
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

I think we must accept that what we call pssd is in fact originated from many very different molecules, medications or not. Someone took something that caused "pssd", and it may be improved by taking certain medications. It's very likely that there isn't an antidote, but many different medications could improve the situation at least temporarily.. Vortioxetine helps me cognitively a lot, now I want to see if it also helps ssxually... Hopefully!
Impermanence wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:31 am For sure, many guys got PSSD from vortioxetine. And this study claim it improve significantly people.
What i think is that the autor are wrong, saying they want to imbalance dopamine/serotonine. I think, it's more like SSRI reinstatement which have also improve many guys here. In SSRI re-instatement most of the time they used low dose and in this study the best improvement was with Brintellix 10mg (existe en 5, 10, 15, 20mg).
magnilo

Unread post by magnilo »

But yeah you bring up a good point, in the study they mention that vortioxetine shifts the serotonin dopamine balance, but nowhere is explained the mechanism of action of said activity. What I know from other sources is that vortioxetine has no effect on d receptors but indirectly raised dopamine via h receptors... An explanation would've been nice from the authors!
Impermanence wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:31 am For sure, many guys got PSSD from vortioxetine. And this study claim it improve significantly people.