Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 52
Numbed

Re: Do you have anhedonia?

Unread post by Numbed »

Possibly, but quite a few other polls have mixed results.
DoIt

Unread post by DoIt »

Many polls have mixed results, I think this is a strong suggestion whats going on.
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

Somedays I think the anhedonia is more concerning than the sexual stuff. Some days don't feel human.
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Juvo for me that's definitely the case.. I could manage way better if I felt like my normal self outside of sexual stuff, I think my anhedonia is gradually improving though
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Juvo

Unread post by Juvo »

raven100 wrote:Juvo for me that's definitely the case.. I could manage way better if I felt like my normal self outside of sexual stuff, I think my anhedonia is gradually improving though
That's great man. Onward and over.
Numbed

Unread post by Numbed »

Juvo wrote:Somedays I think the anhedonia is more concerning than the sexual stuff. Some days don't feel human.
My thoughts exactly, the day that we solve our anhedonia problems is the day the pssd is none existant anymore.
emu567

Unread post by emu567 »

Hi,
I have been taking antidepressants and antipsychotics for 3 years now. The last year I developed anhedonia . I am unable to feel pleasure from physical activities like showering , drinking a cup of tea or physical touch . I also have sexual anhedonia . I cant feel pleasure from sex or orgasm at all . I have a low sex drive as well because what’s the point of having sex if you cant feel pleasure from it .
I find the sexual anhedonia quite distressing . I am only 26 and I feel it is very unfair on me to suddenly lose all sexual pleasure and enjoyment of life . It also makes me resentful and bitter towards people having sex with me - they’re not giving me any pleasure so why should I have sex with them . Why should I have sex at all?
I have no boyfriend I don’t want a boyfriend until I feel better
Has anyone got any advice on how to cure the anhedonia ?
6-Eggs!

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

I had this to a degree while I had depression/fatigue and also when I was on Rexulti, but since stopping and developing PSSD and other neuro/protracted symptoms I have 0 anhedonia and in fact better than ever in that regard. I enjoy new things in my life which I hadn't before.

So I voted no.
sylv

Unread post by sylv »

Sounds you like typical depression induced anhedonia.

PSSD doesn't cause anhedonia per se, but emotional blunting. Unfortunately most sufferers use a wrong language.