Spinal tap and 100% resolution of PSSD

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Missano20

Spinal tap and 100% resolution of PSSD

Unread post by Missano20 »

The past several weeks I’ve been doing a lot of digging again and also reflecting back. 10 years ago at the beginning of my PSSD journey I had a bunch of tests done including a spinal tap because while trying to find the cause of my sexual dysfunction (wasn’t much literature back then) a lesion was found in my cerebellum and doctors wanted to rule out some things. Well, immediately following my spinal tap I had a complete resolution in PSSD 100% that lasted a week. Every aspect of sexuality was normal again. Any theories for this? I know that spinal taps can remove serotonin and it’s a method to test brain levels. Perhaps it temporarily removed some excess serotonin?
Numbtomind 2

Re: Spinal tap and 100% resolution of PSSD

Unread post by Numbtomind 2 »

What does a spinal tap show ?
75mg Clomipramine. june-july 2018
(Anxiety/Ocd)

Current symtoms I'm experiencing.
Emotional numbness, Pleasurless activities, Complete sexual system shutdown.
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

I was talking about your case with another sufferer just 3 days ago. We are researching but till now we have no clue. But just for the record: I have a syrix in my spinal chord, chest high. There was also Kaleb who suffered from spinal chord issues, got surgery and got cured. 🤔
Missano20

Numbtomind 2 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:38 pm What does a spinal tap show ?

It was to rule out some autoimmune disorders like MS etc as well a viral infections, all of which came back negative
Missano20

flexstar13 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:57 pm I was talking about your case with another sufferer just 3 days ago. We are researching but till now we have no clue. But just for the record: I have a syrix in my spinal chord, chest high. There was also Kaleb who suffered from spinal chord issues, got surgery and got cured. 🤔
My case baffles me. The spinal tap was to rule out ms and some other things but it all came back negative. I just had a follow up mri to check for size changes of my brain lesion because they never figured it out but MS is still a possibility. Im considering asking for another spinal tap one to see if any changes and two to see if it resolves SD again.

At this point, I can honestly say I can’t be any worse
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

What anasetic did they give you?
sopgirl

Unread post by sopgirl »

Missano20 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:15 pm
flexstar13 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:57 pm I was talking about your case with another sufferer just 3 days ago. We are researching but till now we have no clue. But just for the record: I have a syrix in my spinal chord, chest high. There was also Kaleb who suffered from spinal chord issues, got surgery and got cured. 🤔
My case baffles me. The spinal tap was to rule out ms and some other things but it all came back negative. I just had a follow up mri to check for size changes of my brain lesion because they never figured it out but MS is still a possibility. Im considering asking for another spinal tap one to see if any changes and two to see if it resolves SD again.

At this point, I can honestly say I can’t be any worse
Wow, this is so bizarre. Spinal taps are brutal. One possibility, besides the anaesthetic used, is that removal of the cerebrospinal fluid somehow provided the relief. Not by removing a chemical, but by lowering pressure. I'm not saying you had raised intracranial pressure though, as I'm sure the doctors ruled that out.
prop

Unread post by prop »

sopgirl wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:16 pmOne possibility, besides the anaesthetic used, is that removal of the cerebrospinal fluid somehow provided the relief. Not by removing a chemical, but by lowering pressure. I'm not saying you had raised intracranial pressure though, as I'm sure the doctors ruled that out.
A couple times I experienced sudden, immense relief (mood-wise) the same instant I felt the pressure in my head dissipate. First time was from ingesting half a teaspoon of magnesium citrate, the other time from eating some honeydew melon.

I figured in the latter case it was due to citrulline, but I've been unable to replicate either event since. Even with citrulline pills.

Would it be morbidly funny if reducing head pressure turned out to be a cure for some folks :lol:
Archive of PSSD recovery stories: https://pssd.netlify.app/
Brain food

Unread post by Brain food »

Here’s a case report of Hypogonadism and Intracranial Hypertension.

https://www.cureus.com/articles/89816-h ... ief-review

This is just a wild guess, but perhaps removing cerebral spinal fluid relieved intracranial hypertension, which also benefited your genitals.
lukejimmy

Unread post by lukejimmy »

SSRI's Might be permanently stored in Spinal Fluid!!!
I think we might be onto something BIG here! A Potential PSSD Cure?

LSD has long since been rumored to stay in your Spinal Cord FOREVER, with these rumors probably tracing back to when the CIA was still experimenting with LSD on members of the public illegally as part of the Black Operation MK-ULTRA program :lol: .
This is theorized to explain the mechanism of LSD or 'Drug Flashbacks' in general... see - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysergic_ ... Flashbacks (have a look at the paragraph above too (CIA Mind Control)). Mind Controlled is the best word I can describe my experience on Prozac.
Another HUGE connection with LSD being HPPD (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucino ... n_disorder) which after PFS is the most similar Drug induced 'Permanently persisting effects".

To quote Wiki: "The dosage and how frequent one uses these substances doesn't seem to matter in the development of this condition, since there are several reports in the literature where patients were diagnosed after a single use.[14] This strongly indicates that there may be a genetic predisposition to this condition. It also seems that combining recreational or medical drugs that act on the 5HT2-a receptors, like SSRIs, drastically increases the risk of developing HPPD due to the drug-drug interaction."

This would intuitively explain why a Spinal Tap led to your 100% resolution of PSSD. My theory being SSRI's/LSD are SYNTHETIC and cannot be metabolized from the human body in people with PSSD/HPPD, a Spinal Tap however would lead to relief as you are PHYSICALLY REMOVING SSRI directly that is stored in Cerebrospinal Fluid that is as close as you can get to performing Neurosurgery to remove the drug, and almost as BRUTAL a procedure!

There you go If you can link 4 huge dots being 1. PSSD, 2. LSD, 3. Drug Permanently stored in the Spinal Chord, 4. CIA MK-ULTRA :twisted: , across these 3 Wiki Links and your experience with a Spinal Tap it's safe to say I might be onto something BIG!
Would be interesting to know how many PSSD sufferers are GATE kids or your Nations equivalent for Gifted Education and whether Outlier High IQ is a correlation.