CURED

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
arahant

Re: CURED

Unread post by arahant »

vkn1 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:54 pm Sad that there is an actual cure here, yet no one has actually tried what provided the cure? Makes me wonder a little what the point of the forum is. Just a casual observation from someone dropping by first time in ages. Why would almost no, or even possibly absolutely no, people have even tried this?
If you think OP report "is not enough", go yourself to a doctor, tell that you are suicidal and wondered Lithium. It is one of the preferred prescriptions in those cases. Then you should report back here, people will appreciate.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

vkn1 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:54 pm Sad that there is an actual cure here, yet no one has actually tried what provided the cure? Makes me wonder a little what the point of the forum is. Just a casual observation from someone dropping by first time in ages. Why would almost no, or even possibly absolutely no, people have even tried this?
Have you tried yet?
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

PsychoGenesis wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:05 pm
AnhedonicApe wrote:I am convinced the main problem of our syndrome is the silencing of genes. Read this about Lithium:

''Lithium acts by preventing the process of DNA methylation, which is critically important to improving mental health and preventing mental and emotional disorders.''

And also this: ''Decreased global methylation in patients with bipolar disorder who respond to lithium.''

And also this:'' Lithium Down-regulates Histone Deacetylase 1 (HDAC1)''

Meaning, this might be a good psych med against epigenetic silencing. Has any of you tried it longer term besides bunny, and if so, what is/was the experience.
whoa thats great, i've used it at 15mg/d
gonna try it again, you think i need a higher dose?

im already on hydralazine/valproate
Interesting did you ever get any relief from your regimen?
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

I'm sorry if I'm late/this has already been discussed but does lithium Carbonate cause liver damage? I would like to try it but that does worry me.
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

Hi, just coming back to say I have been off lithium for over a year and PSSD/anhedonia/depression has not returned, if anyone is worried about having to be on it permanently if they take it. I also got off the lamictal recently and have been feeling fine.
Female
Various SSRI's for OCD 2001-2003; no sexual SE's
300mg Zoloft 2003-2007; no sexual SE's (tapered off Mar. 2007)
200mg sertraline 2008-2009; immediate sexual SE's (began Nov. 2008, CT'd early 2009 and developed PSSD)
PSSD 2009-2018
STILL CURED
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Anyone else try lithium?
Darman

Unread post by Darman »

Apologies if this has been answered but it's a long thread.

What form of lithium did you take?
Dosage?
What about the possible liver damage from some if its forms?

I only ask because I may try it.
Determined-Mind

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

Thanks for the updates. It is very interesting.

I've compiled here (7) positive stories of lithium medical on sexual function: https://coda.io/d/Treatment-options-for ... PEX#_luQ9G

And here, the (5) positive stories with lithium orotate: https://coda.io/d/Treatment-options-for ... SFe#_lufra

Lithium really does seem worth a try. Like Bunny, I too have the after-effects of trauma. But over a year of EMDR therapy did nothing for the loss of pleasurable sexual sensations and the ability to be emotionally aroused. Bupropion also helped me (my story here). Also buspirone (my story here). Not flibanserin (like Bunny) (my story here).

After a year of pro-sexual drugs and stopping them, my baseline is lower than it was before I started them (I went from 2/10 sensation on my clit and breasts to 0/10). I suspect the flibanserin made me worse. I felt so desperate! Today my mood and energy are fine. But the sexual dysfunction is really intense.

I wonder what low dose lithium would do for me.

Feel free to vote for the substances that have helped your sexual function in the main table: https://coda.io/d/Treatment-options-for ... Onz#_luv7f

You can do so anonymously, simply by creating a quick account.

I think this summary table will help researchers in the future to create effective sexual treatments.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!
ksv

Unread post by ksv »

Thank you Bunny. I am going to try lithium now

Is your PSSD still cured? Have you been on SSRI's since?
Determined-Mind

Unread post by Determined-Mind »

She writed (Oct 25, 2022) :

Hi, just coming back to say I have been off lithium for over a year and PSSD/anhedonia/depression has not returned, if anyone is worried about having to be on it permanently if they take it. I also got off the lamictal recently and have been feeling fine.

--

So she stayed on lithium for about 3 years. But she was able to see benefits in the first few weeks if I remember correctly.
:arrow: You're looking for a cure or want to help the community? I've created an interactive table listing possible treatments for PSSD.

Feel free to contribute anonymously and share your experiences with different substances (+150 options)!