Data suggests that both Long Covid and Me/CFS are the same autoimmune disease - and both are treatable via immunotherapy

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Opressorzx

Data suggests that both Long Covid and Me/CFS are the same autoimmune disease - and both are treatable via immunotherapy

Unread post by Opressorzx »

"https://www.augenklinik.uk-erlangen.de/ ... id-lernen/ German clinic looking into BC007 found same autoantibodies in Me/cfs patients that had viral disease initiation. They have treated someone successfully with ME/CFS using BC007 - although how successfully it doesn’t say - presumably rémission or close to like the others who had treatment. Very exciting times - immunotherapy is the most promising treatment IMO - with antivirals also being a treatment option for those who have a persistent virus issue. We are desperately awaiting the 2a trial to come to pass in Germany and around Europe."

M2-AAb and β2-AAb are the autoantibodies in common that are present in persons of those both conditions, those are both conditons that share a lot of similarities with pssd (I've saw some posts of people getting genital numbness only from Long Covid).
My question is: Did someone already tested this hypothesis of pssd being auto-immune related? what autoantibodies did you got tested for?
Unfortunately those tests are not available in my country but I would test for it if I could.
heymartinn

Re: Data suggests that both Long Covid and Me/CFS are the same autoimmune disease - and both are treatable via immunothe

Unread post by heymartinn »

I do have unusually high ANA and igE. Haven't done more in-depth panels. I remember more than one user of this forum has found abnormalities in cytokine profile and MindChanger tested for some unique antibodies.