Trintellix 5mg?!

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
brian6211

Trintellix 5mg?!

Unread post by brian6211 »

Hi Everyone,

Last time I posted or spoke to someone in this community was in 2017.

I suffered from PSSD after I took Lexapro for 1.5 yr but it got resolved 1.5 yr later.
PSSD happened for me when I was 27 yrs old. Now at 37 yrs old I'm faced with having to go back on medication. After trying therapy, supplements and exercise, yoga, etc...

I've been taking Seroquel for a week now and it really works for my anxiety. I've been suffering from chronic dry eyes for a year now and taking Seroquel exacerbates the problem.

So have any of you taken Trintellix? If so did it cause you to have PSSD? I read that it's not a SSRI per say but they're pretty similar. I obviously don't want to jeopardize my sexual function but in another way I need to take something.

Thanks,
Brian
DeepRacer

Re: Trintellix 5mg?!

Unread post by DeepRacer »

I advise you to get off any psych meds and never go on them again. If you had PSSD before and miraculously recovered then why the hell would you ever risk something like that again? Do yourself a favor and live a healthier life and never take a medication again and get off this site and live a good life
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

I would recommend you don't take again. But anyway ,all you do u do for your own risk.
Integra

Unread post by Integra »

Hi man. I read your post and want to clear something. Can you answer my questions?

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:50 am

Hey Guys,

I joined about 3-4 days ago, so I'm relatively new here. Anyway after being 3 months off Lexapro and suffering from PSSD

7) Last Saturday, February 14th, I took Mirtazapine 7.5mg for 3 straight days

Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:35 pm

totally agree with you. This is my 2nd day on Mirtazapine, I took 7.5mg 1st day and 3.5mg(can you imagine 1/4 of the smallest dose!!) today. Significant increase in libido but still a bit numb in my genitals but 1 hour of full feeling though. I'm debating of still taking another 3.5mg tonight or to bnot take anything. I've stopped all other supplements.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Hey guys,

I just got myself a supply of Trazodone(50mg) and doctor prescribed 25mg, so I cut the pill in half.

I was almost recovered a few weeks ago but had to take something for my anxiety(I took Mirtazapine, SJW). So by taking something, my PSSD came back

Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:41 am

Mirtazapine 3.75mg(cutting the 15mg pill in 4), so I was taking a quarter. It made my genitals numb, libido increased the first 2 days but vanished afterwards. I was on it for 5 days only though. Poor erectile function as well, probably due to the numbness.

Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:34 am

still take inositol 18g once in a while for controlling my OCD and anxiety and I keep a stash of mirtazapine(remeron 7.5mg) nearby for when I fall in crisis mode.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:47 am

took remeron recently only because of promotion at work. I recently stopped remeron and when I wason it I wasn't taking any during weekends.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:50 am

had pssd for a 1 1/2 year. Then my sex drive was back to normal. Then 3 months ago I went on remeron due to promotion at work. Now I'm off of remeron

Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:21 am

. I took mirtazapine just recently due to promotion at work.
During the 1.5 yrs I tried so many different supplements. But no meds.

So, you were on meds or not?
Semogomes

Unread post by Semogomes »

Misterious history
Extremaduro

Unread post by Extremaduro »

Please please please do not use trintellix. I know you would do everything to find cure but trintellix is one of the worst drugs u can use which focuses on different serotonin pathways which means possibly more downregulation of 5ht(s). It messed up my sleep and caused severe akathisia. Permanently!
TheodoreMiller1

Unread post by TheodoreMiller1 »

Thanks for giving us Amazing info.