Taarn, Ghost, Meso... What is going on now??

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Tree

Re: Taarn, Ghost, Meso... What is going on now??

Unread post by Tree »

All of them seem to have mild pssd and moved on with their life.. Others are not so lucky, and it's left a void of people willing/able to research this condition. I share in your frustrations. People in this community just need to step up. We all need to continue contributing in our own little way if we are ever to find relief. Don't ever give up even though you have million reasons too.
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

Tree wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:14 pm All of them seem to have mild pssd and moved on with their life.. Others are not so lucky, and it's left a void of people willing/able to research this condition. I share in your frustrations. People in this community just need to step up. We all need to continue contributing in our own little way if we are ever to find relief. Don't ever give up even though you have million reasons too.
I don’t think it’s fair to say that they had/have mild PSSD. Meso still suffers from various symptoms and have been severe and to the best of my memory, Taarn was also quite a severe case with a wide array of difficulties. What can be said for all of them is that they’ve spent and dedicated an awful lot of time working PSSD and testing dangerous trials on themselves. I can’t blame them for wanting to step back a little while showing them that if they wanted or needed to rejoin the community, they’d certainly be welcome
Tree

Unread post by Tree »

Frog wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:22 am
Tree wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:14 pm All of them seem to have mild pssd and moved on with their life.. Others are not so lucky, and it's left a void of people willing/able to research this condition. I share in your frustrations. People in this community just need to step up. We all need to continue contributing in our own little way if we are ever to find relief. Don't ever give up even though you have million reasons too.
I don’t think it’s fair to say that they had/have mild PSSD. Meso still suffers from various symptoms and have been severe and to the best of my memory, Taarn was also quite a severe case with a wide array of difficulties. What can be said for all of them is that they’ve spent and dedicated an awful lot of time working PSSD and testing dangerous trials on themselves. I can’t blame them for wanting to step back a little while showing them that if they wanted or needed to rejoin the community, they’d certainly be welcome
For whatever reason they are not here anymore. Move on. Instead let's focus on spreading awareness and researching. Nobody is going to save us unless we do our part.
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

Frog wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:41 am
I take issue with your comments about the people that run this site. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that you’re unaware of and we do our best to make this forum as inclusive as possible while keeping everyone positive. Not an easy task, I’m sure you can appreciate. All posts are moderated in line with forum rules. Sometimes you may disagree with us and we might even disagree with each other but please remember that we’re only human and suffer from the same condition as you.

I’ll send you a link to Meso’s discord along with the instructions from his website about booking a consultation.
If you cant mention what stuff behind the scenes, then I dont care about it. I dont trust effectively anonymous people to have my best interests in ANYthing secret. "inclusive" is a political term used by only one side of the political spectrum, allowing subversives to scream "shill" "liar" at most people trialing stuff is excessively "not positive" nor a glorious communistic achievement of tolerance and the website has clearly suffered for it. "only humans" only comes up when people make mistakes and humanity becomes defined as a mistake making machine, so why increase your standards? say any mistake and then say "Im only human, gosh". Tough job, possibly. only human, I dont buy it.

I appreciate the link, but I already had it- like I said Meso isnt replying to anything and his discord specifically mentions "dont mention Meso's secret regimen" as one of the rules (and my comment asking to speak with him was deleted there).

Maybe Im making alot of improvement and I over estimated everyone else's improvement. While I figure out if the improvement is not some long beautiful window, an important theoretical question is, how do I cash in on this?
MisterCharlie

Unread post by MisterCharlie »

Tree wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:09 am
Frog wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:22 am
For whatever reason they are not here anymore. Move on. Instead let's focus on spreading awareness and researching. Nobody is going to save us unless we do our part.
What are you currently researching and trialing btw? "Move on" lol. Its like you've tried every way to get in contact with people already and have checked off every possibility, which I doubt. This is important
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

MisterCharlie wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:18 am
Frog wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:41 am
I take issue with your comments about the people that run this site. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that you’re unaware of and we do our best to make this forum as inclusive as possible while keeping everyone positive. Not an easy task, I’m sure you can appreciate. All posts are moderated in line with forum rules. Sometimes you may disagree with us and we might even disagree with each other but please remember that we’re only human and suffer from the same condition as you.

I’ll send you a link to Meso’s discord along with the instructions from his website about booking a consultation.
If you cant mention what stuff behind the scenes, then I dont care about it. I dont trust effectively anonymous people to have my best interests in ANYthing secret. "inclusive" is a political term used by only one side of the political spectrum, allowing subversives to scream "shill" "liar" at most people trialing stuff is excessively "not positive" nor a glorious communistic achievement of tolerance and the website has clearly suffered for it. "only humans" only comes up when people make mistakes and humanity becomes defined as a mistake making machine, so why increase your standards? say any mistake and then say "Im only human, gosh". Tough job, possibly. only human, I dont buy it.

I appreciate the link, but I already had it- like I said Meso isnt replying to anything and his discord specifically mentions "dont mention Meso's secret regimen" as one of the rules (and my comment asking to speak with him was deleted there).

Maybe Im making alot of improvement and I over estimated everyone else's improvement. While I figure out if the improvement is not some long beautiful window, an important theoretical question is, how do I cash in on this?
Who said anything about anything secretive? Much of it can be mundane. Just recently we had the issues of the search bar not working correctly. TalkingAnt is often resolving issues like this and trying to improve the forum for people. This all takes time and effort.

If you have so many issues with the forum, please feel free not to use it.
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

Imho: If someone is wasting time, don't engage with them, they will waste your time.
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

1) Be the change you want to see.

In 2014, I thought I'd waltz in, work my ass off, and cure PSSD. I probably spent 2-3 hours each day while as a college student. I sacrified a LOT mentally, developmentally, and professionally while being on here daily, and I'd do it all over again. Here is a tough pill to swallow: It's unlikely that anyone will cure your PSSD but yourself. We act as a community to help speed up that process, but there is never going to be a single "cure" for everyone. It's extremely unlikely that I will cure your PSSD, but I may leave the bread crumbs which you can use, if you put in the effort, to find something which helps you. Want your best chance at being PSSD free? Be the change and start contributing in a constructive way.

2) The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

I reached a point where I was getting nothing done being on here each day, and I felt my time was better spent elsewhere. Want to know where I've been? Hospitals, clinics, conferences and university labs. All of that to get into medical school so I could continue the exact same journey that I began 8 years ago - helping people with PSSD feel normal again.

Love you all, I'm going nowhere.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

All the best.