NUMBNESS - Pudendal EMG nerve conduction test. PLEASE READ

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
anacleta

Re: NUMBNESS - Pudendal EMG nerve conduction test. PLEASE READ

Unread post by anacleta »

I have found a neurologist in italy who performs LASER-evoked potentials to the genitals. it is able to test the small nerve fibers and not only the large nerves, as normal evoked potentials do. I haven't done it for the moment. however, I have no tactile genital anesthesia, but I have lost the erogenous sensations
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

Please keep us updated on that if you try it. Mine started as only loss of pleasurable feelings there but last few months it’s transitioned to quite a bit of loss of touch as well. I can still feel hot and cold and slight touch but it’s not normal
cosmo

Unread post by cosmo »

anacleta wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:51 am I have found a neurologist in italy who performs LASER-evoked potentials to the genitals. it is able to test the small nerve fibers and not only the large nerves, as normal evoked potentials do. I haven't done it for the moment. however, I have no tactile genital anesthesia, but I have lost the erogenous sensations
Ciao, anche io sono italiano.
Mi potresti dire come si chiama questo neurologo e dove riceve?
Sono sempre più convinto che la PSSD abbia a che vedere con una neuropatia periferica delle piccole fibre dunque mi interesserebbe sapere se ti sei sottoposta a questo tipo di esame e nel caso con che risultati.
Grazie.
Anafranil (Clomipramine) May 2019-October 2021
Lantanon (Mianserin) May 2019-May 2021
Trittico (Trazodone) May 2021-October 2021
Rivotril (Clonazepam) May 2019-present

PSSD since October 2021

Symptoms: low libido and severe ED
6-Eggs!

Unread post by 6-Eggs! »

That's quite an interesting read. I too initially thought pudental nerves/spinal cord etc... I had MRIs and they found nothing abnormal and took extra care and attention to look at the pudental and sacral plexus.

I had heaps of blood tests and there was 0 inflammation or autoimmune markers. MRIs showed no entrapment.

I didn't have a conduction study on my pudental/genital nerves but becasue I had bad numbness and pain in my lower legs, hands and face, tongue etc. They did my legs and found nothing that could explain the numbness and weakness in my legs. Ironically my right leg was way worse and the conduction parameters were on the higher end of good so excellent and my left leg which had way less symptoms (almost non at the time of the test) was actually worse but still in normal range.

I had odd things like certain movements like crouching that made the bladder and numbness way worse suggesting entrapment but I had similar things in my arms too, exerting my arms and hands would cause involuntary movements and tremors for hours after doing so. Often when my symptoms were triggered in one part of the body, other unrelated areas would be affected too which made 0 sense. Also with my soft glans that is still persisting there is semi conscious control over it and also with my non sweating/dry hands and feet, which when I get annoyed and notice it, it triggers complete recovery within sec to a few min.

Although there well could be a peripheral component to these symptoms, the situations and ways that my symptoms come and go suggest there is a CNS issue, certainly for me anyway. For example. Night time and morning wood often mostly resolve soft glans and as soon as I fully awaken the soft glans returns instantly. But if I relax and let the erection go down a bit and consciously initiate one again straight after with particular thought on the glans working in my mind the glans decently erects again.

Last night I woke up very aroused at 1:30 and decided to have sex with my gf. It was really good and the glans was more than firm enough. After finishing I noticed my glans, hands and feet felt quite desensitized and weird (much more than normal) and shortly after I started having visual hallucinations and bad tinnitus but otherwise feeling fine. Just prior to waking up I was having hallucinations as well.

In the morning all was better and back to my current baseline.

Not sure what exact issues I have as I wasn't taking an SSRI but rather an atypical AP which happens to potently interact with all 3 neurotransmitters (DA, 5HT and N) but is a very very weak SSRI with 3-4% SERT occupancy at most which I think is unlikely the mechanism in my case.