Effect of Single Oral Dose of 5-HT1A Antagonist GSK958108 on Ejaculation Latency Time

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
pssdperson

Effect of Single Oral Dose of 5-HT1A Antagonist GSK958108 on Ejaculation Latency Time

Unread post by pssdperson »

https://www.practiceupdate.com/content/ ... ime/109930

“ The authors assessed the efficacy of a single dose of a serotonin (5HT1A) receptor antagonist on ejaculation latency time in men suffering from premature ejaculation. They performed a phase I double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group masturbation model study. They found ejaculation latency time was 16% and 77% longer in those receiving 3 mg and 7 mg of the antagonist, respectively, compared with placebo. Only 4 patients experienced minor drug-related adverse events, including somnolence, headache, and tinnitus.

A single dose of a serotonin receptor antagonist lengthened ejaculation latency time in this phase I study for men during masturbation. Further investigation should be conducted during patient sexual activity with a partner”
Brain food

Re: Effect of Single Oral Dose of 5-HT1A Antagonist GSK958108 on Ejaculation Latency Time

Unread post by Brain food »

Only registered members can view the text of the link that you posted. Anyways, is it saying that this drug increases the amount of time it takes for a man to cum? Because SSRIs and other antidepressants have that same effect.
pssdperson

Re: Effect of Single Oral Dose of 5-HT1A Antagonist GSK958108 on Ejaculation Latency Time

Unread post by pssdperson »

Brain food wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:13 pm Only registered members can view the text of the link that you posted. Anyways, is it saying that this drug increases the amount of time it takes for a man to cum? Because SSRIs and other antidepressants have that same effect.
It’s saying 5HT1A is important to prevent premature ejaculation. I’m not a man but SSRIs (Zoloft) gave me a severe version of the female version of PE. If the 5HT1A desensitization theory is right, I guess it would makes sense why this would happen
OCDemon

Unread post by OCDemon »

pssdperson wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:01 pm
Brain food wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:13 pm Only registered members can view the text of the link that you posted. Anyways, is it saying that this drug increases the amount of time it takes for a man to cum? Because SSRIs and other antidepressants have that same effect.
It’s saying 5HT1A is important to prevent premature ejaculation. I’m not a man but SSRIs (Zoloft) gave me a severe version of the female version of PE. If the 5HT1A desensitization theory is right, I guess it would makes sense why this would happen
Very curious about your experience. As a male, I developed severe PE from Rexulti. Interestingly, it's a 5-HT1A and D2 *agonist.* Going on three years now with no improvements and it's so severe it's made partnered sex in any form impossible.