Wishing Zoloft was my first and only SSRI ever taken

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
ihatelexapro444

Wishing Zoloft was my first and only SSRI ever taken

Unread post by ihatelexapro444 »

https://qr.ae/pGQ6uN

“Finally, sertraline is the most potent of the antidepressants at blocking transport of dopamine (Figure 7), being about as potent as methylphenidate at this blockade."

As someone with undiagnosed ADHD, and have been wanting to try methylphenidate, this sounds too good for an SSRI.

"Zoloft also mildly inhibits the reuptake of dopamine (though you won’t find this information in the FDA prescribing info and package insert), and many practitioners say that its inhibition of dopamine reuptake is stronger than the anti-depressant Wellbutrin (buproprion)."

It's stronger than Wellbutrin at Dopamine action...

"Thus, because of Zoloft’s dopaminergic action, this SSRI tends to be less sexually disruptive, especially at lower doses. Zoloft, while it helps with anxiety, it also has an activating and energizing effect in many who take it (including myself). This SSRI also tends to have a less of an emotionally numbing effect, like Paxil and Celexa do, again, because of it’s dopamine increasing action."

I think it's general consensus that Lexapro is one of the deadliest SSRIs in terms of PSSD, Anhedonia and other long lasting side effects, it's also a fact that it's the most potent and selective one. I wish I never touch that drug, and wouldn't have mind it if Zoloft was in its place instead, I mean Zoloft even got its own website www.zoloft.com, no other antidepressants seem to have this, and the information, side effects, even sexual dysfunction is listed on that site quite well, I would not have mind contracting PSSD from Zoloft at all. It sucks to know now that Lexapro changed something in the brain permanently, and taking Zoloft now seems possibly pointless. There are literal stories of people contracting permanent side effects like PSSD after one single pill...
Jcumbo

Re: Wishing Zoloft was my first and only SSRI ever taken

Unread post by Jcumbo »

Haha yes, I second you with this wish, seems like most people on the forums are citalopram/escitalopram victims. Well, at least that's what I seem to see anyways.