Introduction - Covered in Bees - PSSD 1.5 years

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
Covered_in_bees

Introduction - Covered in Bees - PSSD 1.5 years

Unread post by Covered_in_bees »

Hi,

When I first noticed symptoms of PSSD, I was quick to find forums & try to figure out what the hell was going on. I knew I couldn't trust my physician (not because he was untrustworthy, but because he was clueless and perhaps didn't want to know...). I'm now 36, and took an SNRI (Effexor XR - five years) and an SSRI (Escitalopram - the following five years). I've been off all meds since May 2014. I have posted here before, but at the time, I was all panic. I was desperately seeking advice and was ready to try just about anything.

PSSD has had a dramatic impact on my life. That said, a year and a half down the line, I no longer freak out about it like I used to. I'm not saying that you really get used to it, but you learn, eventually, to manage your feelings about it. And I have a fairly severe form of it.

I think I learned to let go after multiple visits to urologists, endocrinologists, psychiatrists & MDs all failed. You take matters into your own hands and try things out. But I am happiest when I accept the condition while I try new things to improve it. And it has taken me 1.5 years to get here.

I've learned quite a bit from checking in here and reading. I empathize with everyone - no matter where you're at. It's frustrating to no end. It's not just sexual, of course, but emotional. It impacts all areas of life.

I have been trying a few things out lately, and will post about them in the appropriate category.

Thanks to everyone on this forum.

Covered in Bees
infinityzer00000

Re: Introduction - Covered in Bees - PSSD 1.5 years

Unread post by infinityzer00000 »

Welcome to the forum bees. I hope you find some relief with the ideas that have been floating around here. What are your symptoms btw?
Covered_in_bees

I have very little sensation, poor erections and soft glans. My libido has returned somewhat.
For over a year, I was quite depressed about this, and it became a self-fulfilling prophecy. That is, I had no desire for sex because I was too sad. I still have little to no physical desire, but psychological desire has returned somewhat. I have brain fog - it has affected my work life. I am still unable to fantasize, and I haven't had morning erections or spontaneous erections at all since this started. I took these drugs for 10 years. I am starting to face the fact that my sex life may never be the same. I've tried most of the supplements mentioned here, including some prescription drugs like ropinirole. I still use huperzine A for my brain fog. Many days I feel like I have ADD, which isna sharp contrast from the focused person I was, even before anti-depressants.
Covered_in_bees

Also, my orgasms are hardly worth the effort.