Neurotrophic Trial: 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone + Polygala Tenuifolia + Cerebrolysin + Melatonin + Noopept (PRN)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Meso

Neurotrophic Trial: 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone + Polygala Tenuifolia + Cerebrolysin + Melatonin + Noopept (PRN)

Unread post by Meso »

Hey guys/gals

So in this trial, I'm looking to maximize neurotrophy via maximizing TrkB activation (BDNF), while keeping the receptors upregulated to prevent tolerance, and NGFs across the brain.

Symptoms I'm looking to >permanently< cure:
PSSD: Anhedonia, fatigue and blunted affect.
Post-COVID syndrome: Brainfog, and extreme physical and mental fatigue.

The Regimen:
-7,8-Dihydroxyflavone: (25 mg sublingual, daily)
A very potent agonist at TrkB receptors (BDNF) and a powerful mitochondrial antioxidant.

-Polygala Tenuifolia: (100 mg sublingual, daily)
This herb upregulates TrkB receptors, keeping tolerance down hopefully.

-Cerebrolysin: (215.2 mg/ml, IM, daily)
A mixture of BDNF, GDNF, NGF, and CNTF that I have reacted positively to in the past.

-Melatonin: (20 mg daily)
I like the effect of daily 10 mg so I'm upping it to 20 mg in order to optimize the brain's waste-removal system (the glymphatic system). This should allow the brain to deal with the excessive waste products that accumulate over time.

-Noopept: (15 mg as needed basis)
A nootropic that is several folds more potent than Piracetam. It raises NGFs and BDNF in limbic areas.

This regimen costed me an arm and a leg to get across the customs so I'm determined to make the most of it - squeeze every last drop of it. It will last for 2 months since that's when I run out of pills. Experimentally, it really should run for longer and at higher doses, like at least 6 months, for permanent improvements, but beggars can't be choosers.

It should be:
-7,8-Dihydroxyflavone: (50 mg daily)
-Polygala Tenuifolia: (200 mg daily)
For 6 months.

If I can get more money, I'll up the doses and remain on it for longer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Day 2 Update]:

I've been getting brain zaps similar to the ones I used to get back during Sertraline withdrawal.

Aside from this, those substances are very light you barely feel like you took anything at all. So subtle. If not for the brain zaps, I'd have doubted my source.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Day 12 Update]
So far, this regimen has proved potent. Way more libido, more stable mood (better mood? I wouldn't call it better).

Noopept is extremely strong. Kicks in like a mule but makes me extremely aggressive and irritable. I've been told it's linked to this side effect. I might lower the dose to a few mgs instead of 15 mg or ditch it altogether.

BDNF and TrkB receptors are involved in libido. I have a few fetishes back and more pronounced.

Injecting 5 ml of daily Cerebrolysin kicks in really fast but makes me feel like a pin cushion. Brainfog is gone.
[Day 26 Update]

This regimen is very nootropic already I don't feel the need to take any Noopept. I don't have brain fog anymore or any cognitive issues to speak of. Furthermore, my cognition is boosted beyond what's average to me. My mental fatigue is also reduced a little bit after dosing Cerebrolysin, but physically I still feel quite fatigued.

Polygala Tenuifolia + Cerebrolysin + Melatonin are doing all the heavy lifting. The only useless drug out of the list is actually 7,8-dihydoxyflavone. I think its bioavailability is too low even when taken sublingually. On the other hand, I feel Cerebrolysin quite strongly as it kicks in and it definitely works especially on 5 ml daily. That said, my started noticing tolerance to Cerebrolysin which means my dose of Polygala Tenuifolia wasn't enough to keep TrkB upregulated. I have since increased my Polygala Tenuifolia dose to 400 mg.

The libido improvements still persist despite the serotonergic effects of Polygala Tenuifolia.

The regimen has been changing my personality and behavior in subtle ways. Although it doesn't work for typical anhedonia and blunted affect (so far), it's bringing back the pre-PSSD procrastination, social anxiety and social anhedonia which means it's reducing cortical top-down control over the limbic system. The only drug that made me feel that way before was a D2/D3 dopamine agonist - which means this regimen is increasing limbic dopamine by a lot - although tonic release, not phasic, otherwise I'd have felt mood improvement and increased hedonic tone from it.

Although this regimen hasn't increased my hedonic tone (yet), I feel drastic mood stabilization on it which is good for my bipolar type 2.

So far, it hasn't worked for the symptoms I'm taking it for although it's working for others. That said, neurotrophy isn't a rapid process and things take time. 26 days are far from enough and I have to keep tolerance down meanwhile. I'll keep going.
[Day 31 Update]
I finally ran out of the drugs on this regimen. Although a neurotrophic drug should be run for months, I get to experience its acute effects running it for a mere month. It felt very nootropic but at the same time felt like being on a tonic dopamine agonist in sense of increased procrastination. A tonic glutamatergic-dopaminergic mix increasing focus and memory. I felt no need whatsoever taking Noopept around day 20. I felt a big increase in mental stamina and erasure of brain fog. There was libido enhancement throughout the experiment.

I think better dosing than I used would be 1 to 2.5 ml Cerebrolysin instead of 5 ml daily and 300 mg Polygala Tenuifolia to begin with. 10 mg Melatonin is enough instead of 20 mg. NSI-189 instead of 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone altogether.

Overall, these are the acute effects of a neurotrophic regime. If I had the money I'd have run it for months for the possibility of something sticking and switched out 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone for NSI-189. I hope you find this experiment helpful.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Meso

Re: Neurotrophic Trial: Noopept + 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone + Polygala Tenuifolia + Cerebrolysin + Melatonin

Unread post by Meso »

Day 2:

I've been getting brain zaps similar to the ones I used to get back during Sertraline withdrawal.

Aside from this, those substances are very light you barely feel like you took anything at all. So subtle. If not for the brain zaps, I'd have doubted my source.
BruteForce

Re: Neurotrophic Trial: 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone + Polygala Tenuifolia + Cerebrolysin + Melatonin + Noopept (PRN)

Unread post by BruteForce »

Hi Meso. Did you abandon your water fasting trial?
Meso

Re: Neurotrophic Trial: 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone + Polygala Tenuifolia + Cerebrolysin + Melatonin + Noopept (PRN)

Unread post by Meso »

BruteForce wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:56 am Hi Meso. Did you abandon your water fasting trial?
I completed it without success. Next time, I'll water fast for 7 days and then do a fecal microbiome transplant (FMT) at the end of it.
Sb919

Re: Neurotrophic Trial: Noopept + 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone + Polygala Tenuifolia + Cerebrolysin + Melatonin

Unread post by Sb919 »

Meso wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:45 pm Day 2:

Might want to go the sublingual route. Not sure about noopept, but 7,8 DHF has a very poor oral bioavailability, as well as some of the active components of polygala.
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

Meso wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:12 am I completed it without success. Next time, I'll water fast for 7 days and then do a fecal microbiome transplant (FMT) at the end of it.
Hey Meso, how long did you fast for? I'm pretty fat adapted from doing keto/carnivore basically this entire year, considering trying a very long fast (14 days ? ). I may give up this diet soon, as i'm not getting the benefits I was hoping for ..... but while fat adapted this will be the best time for me to try something like this
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Sb919 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:09 pm Might want to go the sublingual route. Not sure about noopept, but 7,8 DHF has a very poor oral bioavailability, as well as some of the active components of polygala.
Oh, of course they are sublingual. Thanks, I'll edit the thread to reflect this fact.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Troskie wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:19 am
Meso wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:12 am I completed it without success. Next time, I'll water fast for 7 days and then do a fecal microbiome transplant (FMT) at the end of it.
Hey Meso, how long did you fast for? I'm pretty fat adapted from doing keto/carnivore basically this entire year, considering trying a very long fast (14 days ? ). I may give up this diet soon, as i'm not getting the benefits I was hoping for ..... but while fat adapted this will be the best time for me to try something like this
Please keep posts on the topic of this thread.
Impermanence

Unread post by Impermanence »

Meso wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:09 pm Hey guys/gals

So in this trial, I'm looking to maximize neurotrophy via maximizing TrkB activation (BDNF), while keeping the receptors upregulated to prevent tolerance, and NGFs across the brain.

Symptoms I'm looking to >permanently< cure:
PSSD: Anhedonia, fatigue and blunted affect.
Post-COVID syndrome: Brainfog, and extreme physical and mental fatigue.

The Regimen:
-7,8-Dihydroxyflavone: (25 mg sublingual, daily)
A very potent agonist at TrkB receptors (BDNF) and a powerful mitochondrial antioxidant.

-Polygala Tenuifolia: (100 mg sublingual, daily)
This herb upregulates TrkB receptors, keeping tolerance down hopefully.

-Cerebrolysin: (215.2 mg/ml, IM, daily)
A mixture of BDNF, GDNF, NGF, and CNTF that I have reacted positively to in the past.

-Melatonin: (20 mg daily)
I like the effect of daily 10 mg so I'm upping it to 20 mg in order to optimize the brain's waste-removal system (the glymphatic system). This should allow the brain to deal with the excessive waste products that accumulate over time.

-Noopept: (15 mg as needed basis)
A nootropic that is several folds more potent than Piracetam. It raises NGFs and BDNF in limbic areas.

This regimen costed me an arm and a leg to get across the customs so I'm determined to make the most of it - squeeze every last drop of it. It will last for 2 months since that's when I run out of pills. Experimentally, it really should run for longer and at higher doses, like at least 6 months, for permanent improvements, but beggars can't be choosers.

It should be:
-7,8-Dihydroxyflavone: (50 mg daily)
-Polygala Tenuifolia: (200 mg daily)
For 6 months.

If I can get more money, I'll up the doses and remain on it for longer.
More or less how much those is cost?
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

[Day 12 Update]
So far, this regimen has proved potent. Way more libido, more stable mood (better mood? I wouldn't call it better).

Noopept is extremely strong. Kicks in like a mule but makes me extremely aggressive and irritable. I've been told it's linked to this side effect. I might lower the dose to a few mgs instead of 15 mg or ditch it altogether.

BDNF and TrkB receptors are involved in libido. I have a few fetishes back and more pronounced.

Injecting 5 ml of daily Cerebrolysin kicks in really fast but makes me feel like a pin cushion. Brainfog is gone.
Impermanence wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:03 am More or less how much those is cost?
It cost me $200. To get everything past customs, I had to pay a lot.