Buspirone + Prozac

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
alteredhomeostasis

Re: Buspirone + Prozac

Unread post by alteredhomeostasis »

Summer update: Have been horny and getting awesome wood and having really good sex / masturbation for the past 2-3 weeks. Feels like the good old days. Hope this continues
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

alteredhomeostasis wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:54 pm Summer update: Have been horny and getting awesome wood and having really good sex / masturbation for the past 2-3 weeks. Feels like the good old days. Hope this continues
So you are still doing a prozac + buspirone combo? How long have you been on it now and did you change the dosing at any point?
alteredhomeostasis

So you are still doing a prozac + buspirone combo? How long have you been on it now and did you change the dosing at any point?
Yes sir. 10mg Prozac + 30mg buspar every morning. I’ve been on the combo maybe 1.5 years now. I’ve made little adjustments but overall just ramped up slowly with both and have held constant since then.

I have been taking some klonopin lately due to other stresses but if anything that’s just helped, which is unexpected. Dick is alive, and the libido is strong.
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

alteredhomeostasis wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:48 pm
Yes sir. 10mg Prozac + 30mg buspar every morning. I’ve been on the combo maybe 1.5 years now. I’ve made little adjustments but overall just ramped up slowly with both and have held constant since then.

I have been taking some klonopin lately due to other stresses but if anything that’s just helped, which is unexpected. Dick is alive, and the libido is strong.
Hey alteredhomeostasis,

30 mg of buspirone at once, wow! That's quite a lot in my experience. Do you have any side effects, like 20 - 60 min after taking it? Like any dizziness, drowsiness, sugar cravings and etc?

Thanks for the update.
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

Hey alteredHomeostasis

Ive started buspar recently based on your (and arahants / others) experience. Ive had pssd for roughly 10 years from celexa and am at the point i’m willing to try rx’s.

Did you have any improvements in the month or so that you started taking buspar, but prior to the prozac? Im about 3 weeks in on just the buspar at 15mg, and for the most part it just makes me feel tired all day. I have had moments though where I got really into music and other things, which I hadnt felt in a while.... so somewhat promising. Apart from pssd i suffer from anxiety, also some depression / ocd / ptsd. I feel like my bodys stuck in fight or flight, hoping the buspar can activate my parasympathetic nervous system.

Ill up the buspar to 30mg soon and then look at adding prozac at a low dosage.
alteredhomeostasis

Troskie wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:34 pm Hey alteredHomeostasis

Ive started buspar recently based on your (and arahants / others) experience. Ive had pssd for roughly 10 years from celexa and am at the point i’m willing to try rx’s.

Did you have any improvements in the month or so that you started taking buspar, but prior to the prozac? Im about 3 weeks in on just the buspar at 15mg, and for the most part it just makes me feel tired all day. I have had moments though where I got really into music and other things, which I hadnt felt in a while.... so somewhat promising. Apart from pssd i suffer from anxiety, also some depression / ocd / ptsd. I feel like my bodys stuck in fight or flight, hoping the buspar can activate my parasympathetic nervous system.

Ill up the buspar to 30mg soon and then look at adding prozac at a low dosage.

Hello there friend.
I didn’t really have any sexual improvements on buspar alone. I only started to get some benefits when I added Prozac. Good luck!
tonyareias

Unread post by tonyareias »

In past, when taking SSRI at normal doses, I have ejaculation improvements from 10mg of buspirone (Buspar) only take when need, 1h before sex. Not using buspirone now because with micro dose of paroxetine ejaculation back to normal.

What I have read in past:
- Women get better improvements from buspirone than man
- Taking buspirone as need is more efficient than taking every day
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

Any update on prozac + buspirone? If its still good... do you think one day tapering off the prozac while still taking the buspirone could leave a more favorable post ssri outcome?

I've had this thought for a while that coupling something with the ssri and then quitting the ssri could leave such an outcome. Either buspar, welbutrin, or testosterone.
ytho

Unread post by ytho »

@Troskie are you currently using Prozac & Buspar?

I have talked to alteredhomeostasis some weeks ago and he was doing pretty fine still. Maybe he will reply here again soon, we will see.

I think this combination is very promising, especially since I'm one of those people that have PE and ED, and both only started after stopping the SSRI.
In my opinion (I made a post about that), this group of PSSD people might actually have these problems due to a lack of serotonin that was created when dropping the medication.

On the other hand, the PSSD people with delayed ejaculation, who possibly even developed symptoms while on the SSRI, might have a different cause (too much serotonin?) for their symptoms.
Troskie

Unread post by Troskie »

ytho wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:08 am @Troskie are you currently using Prozac & Buspar?
I am not, but its next on my list of things to try. I also have PE and ED. For me, my genitals got numb while using SSRIs, but I did not have a loss of libido until after stopping them.

I just started hcg monotherapy (you can see my post here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4802). I want to try the steroid route first and reinstatement of ssri (probably with buspar) will be the last thing I try.