Started bio identical hormones

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Maxin

Started bio identical hormones

Unread post by Maxin »

I started bhrt because all my hormones are in the tank. I’m having some improvements especially in regards to emotions abs libido is very high. It’s only been two weeks so time will tell. I’m hoping for some improvements in my fatigue. It’s really up and down right now.
What I’ve learned though is how much estrogen is important for libido and orgasm. I put my testosterone on at different time then estrogen. But 20 mins after the estrogen my libido surges and feel estrogen receptors tingly all over body.
I’m also part of a bio identical hormone group on Facebook. And a lot of times when men go in testosterone their s rotund shrink and they have to add hcg. It got me thinking about the recoveries with testosterone and hcg. Because I feel that for us pssd it’s not just our hormones, it’s the signaling that isn’t happening. After 15 years of ssri damage my hormones are gone. So it’s damaging our pituitary or some signaling process that the after effects are of gradual hormonal loss.
healing

Re: Started bio identical hormones

Unread post by healing »

Great to hear that you're improving!

In regards to your benefits-how would you rate your emotional capacity+libido pre-treatment and now?

Do you suffer from cognitive issues and anhedonia as well? If so, have the hormones made any impact there?

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
Lexapro 2016. Sexual, emotional, and cognitive symptoms.

Email: healingpssd1@gmail.com
rmichaelballow

Re: Started bio identical hormones

Unread post by rmichaelballow »

Maxin wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:18 pm I started bhrt because all my hormones are in the tank. I’m having some improvements especially in regards to emotions abs libido is very high. It’s only been two weeks so time will tell. I’m hoping for some improvements in my fatigue. It’s really up and down right now.
What I’ve learned though is how much estrogen is important for libido and orgasm. I put my testosterone on at different time then estrogen. But 20 mins after the estrogen my libido surges and feel estrogen receptors tingly all over body.
I’m also part of a bio identical hormone group on Facebook. And a lot of times when men go in testosterone their s rotund shrink and they have to add hcg. It got me thinking about the recoveries with testosterone and hcg. Because I feel that for us pssd it’s not just our hormones, it’s the signaling that isn’t happening. After 15 years of ssri damage my hormones are gone. So it’s damaging our pituitary or some signaling process that the after effects are of gradual hormonal loss.
Yes - all true. PSSD is, in part, a disruption of HPA/HPG axis function. In part.

And yes - Estrogen is quite critical in recovery. Can't tell you how many guys fight me on this... or biohacker friends that just won't start dosing it. Shrug.

At any rate - optimizing TEST will help Serotonin signaling, specifically in regulating SERT (to the best extent it can). Kudos.