Any chronic Cannabidiol (CBD) experiences?

Polls.

Have you used CBD daily for more than a month?

Yes, I have. It makes my PSSD symptoms better during its effects.
No votes
Yes, I have. It has no effect on my PSSD symptoms during its effects.
No votes
Yes, I have. It makes my PSSD symptoms worse during its effects.
8%
Yes, I have. It makes my PSSD symptoms better during the rebound (when it's out of my body).
No votes
No, I haven't.
85%
Other (please write about it).
8%

Total votes: 13
Meso

Any chronic Cannabidiol (CBD) experiences?

Unread post by Meso »

SSRIs use increases endocannabinoid (eCB) release across several parts of the brain. This facilitated eCB neurotransmission ends up downregulating CB1 and CB2 receptors, as seen in chronic stress models and eating disorders.

What happens during acute SSRI withdrawal is, in part, a temporary endocannabinoid deficiency while CB1/CB2 receptors get back to their original density/level over time. But what if CB1/CB2 never return to their original receptors' densities and/or remain in a state of dysfunction?

CBD is the closest we have to a CB1 antagonist. It's a weak one, but I'm interested in its ability to upregulate CB1 receptors. I know that it is a 5HT1A agonist as well and 5HT1A downregulation could play a role in the poll results, but if there are drastically good effects, it might be viable to combine it with a 5HT1A antagonist (like CBG).

Please tell us your reaction to it.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Leb89

Re: Any chronic Cannabidiol (CBD) experiences?

Unread post by Leb89 »

I took CBD drops with a dose of 10 mg for a couple of days last summer. It gave me a libido window, but it only lasted for three days. That’s all I can contribute.
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

CBD made me worse. Although it was a massive dose (400mg) in a hospital setting for a clinical trial.

CBG on the other hand, makes me worse initially, followed by a rebound window of cure:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4081&p=38416&hilit=cbg#p38416
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:29 pm CBD made me worse. Although it was a massive dose (400mg) in a hospital setting for a clinical trial.

CBG on the other hand, makes me worse initially, followed by a rebound window of cure:
Interesting. CBD, by its own, would worsen PSSD due to 5HT1A agonism especially at super high doses.

Have you tried combining CBG + CBD before? for how long?
succubus76

Unread post by succubus76 »

If they never got back to their original density you will suffer from text book weed whitdrawal symptoms, especially lack of appetite Wich I think is not the case.

cb1 antagonist I guess it will give you the opposite of weed, and whitdrawal will likely gave a rebound appetite boost and that kind of stuff.
ErgogenicHealth

Meso wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:42 pm
ErgogenicHealth wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:29 pm CBD made me worse. Although it was a massive dose (400mg) in a hospital setting for a clinical trial.

Interesting. CBD, by its own, would worsen PSSD due to 5HT1A agonism especially at super high doses.

Have you tried combining CBG + CBD before? for how long?

I have not combined CBD with CBG...

I might return back to CBG in a few months... RIght now I am stuck on what WORKS for me... which is just Ze 117 SJW on its own.

What I am desperate to determine is whether LITHIUM would be good for me if SJW is as well? Any crossover between these two compounds?

Remember I am the guy who got wrecked by Ashwagandha... and Cyproheptadine also FIXES all my symptoms 4 days after a single dosage (rebound effect).
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

two trials of CBD, 1 dose per day, 30 doses total each time. no effect on anything.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:34 pm

I might return back to CBG in a few months... RIght now I am stuck on what WORKS for me... which is just Ze 117 SJW on its own.

What I am desperate to determine is whether LITHIUM would be good for me if SJW is as well? Any crossover between these two compounds?

Remember I am the guy who got wrecked by Ashwagandha... and Cyproheptadine also FIXES all my symptoms 4 days after a single dosage (rebound effect).
I think CBD on its own would cause worsening of symptoms as it downregulates 5HT1A through agonism. Since SJW works for you, it's all good. It upregulates 5HT1A a little bit.
succubus76 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:47 am If they never got back to their original density you will suffer from text book weed whitdrawal symptoms, especially lack of appetite Wich I think is not the case.

cb1 antagonist I guess it will give you the opposite of weed, and whitdrawal will likely gave a rebound appetite boost and that kind of stuff.
I don't think SSRIs would downregulate eCB system profoundly unless there is severe PSSD. I think the depersonalisation + derealization of PSSD is from SSRI-mediated eCB downregulation; in a same way that high dose of cannabis can cause a chronic depersonalization/derealization syndrome. It's still not enough to affect appetite.

That said, CBD is a (weak) low affinity CB1 antagonist. It will hardly cause a rebound similar to cannabis' effect but it still can be helpful for PSSD.
ErgogenicHealth

Meso wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:24 pm
ErgogenicHealth wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:34 pm

I think CBD on its own would cause worsening of symptoms as it downregulates 5HT1A through agonism. Since SJW works for you, it's all good. It upregulates 5HT1A a little bit.
succubus76 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:47 am If they never got back to their original density you will suffer from text book weed whitdrawal symptoms, especially lack of appetite Wich I think is not the case.

I don't think SSRIs would downregulate eCB system profoundly unless there is severe PSSD. I think the depersonalisation + derealization of PSSD is from SSRI-mediated eCB downregulation; in a same way that high dose of cannabis can cause a chronic depersonalization/derealization syndrome. It's still not enough to affect appetite.

That said, CBD is a (weak) low affinity CB1 antagonist. It will hardly cause a rebound similar to cannabis' effect but it still can be helpful for PSSD.

If SJW works well for me, then how would Lithium be for me? I am tempted to trial it but also scared as well.