PSSD VS PWS

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Naczoz

PSSD VS PWS

Unread post by Naczoz »

So I wonder ... does PSSD is part of protracted withdrawal syndrome or its strictly separate thing?
narigator

Re: PSSD VS PWS

Unread post by narigator »

The main hypothesis of this study is that PSSD might be a withdrawal syndrome occurring after discontinuation of SSRIs or SNRIs and that withdrawal symptoms might include a wider variety of sexual manifestations: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31834096/
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

So if is one of many symptomsof withdrawal syndrome it means that i will resolve in time?
narigator

Unread post by narigator »

I think so
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

pssd IS a form of Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome.

And no, paws doesn't generally resolve in time. That's half the cases on beyondblue forum.
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

So anhedonia and loss of sexual functions are new standard of my 'life'? How come many people vegetate like this for years?
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

Naczoz wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:37 am So anhedonia and loss of sexual functions are new standard of my 'life'? How come many people vegetate like this for years?
Because they have better things going in their lives to care about their lack of libido maybe? No offense naczoz ;)
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

WTF, its not only about lack of libido - its about being emotionally disconnected!
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

Yes, this is like PAWS, Only more complicated and difficult to reverse. In addition to epigenetic issues, I believe that just an unnatural increase in serotonin ( and prolactin) levels in tonic manner would be sufficieent, cause these symptoms. For example after 5htp. Indeed, when susceptibility is present it does not take long for presynaptic 5ht1a to suddenly desensitize, causing a flood of serotonin in hypothalamus and glutamate in PFC ( 5ht1a inhibit glutamate release also!) that will suddenly desensitize AR, OT and MOR and suppress the HPA axis, endocannabinoid activity. This is like post-MDMA symptoms with presynaptic ( and automatically AR) desensitization. DNA methylation is another reason, but I haven't fully figured out the mystery yet. But I know that SSRIs and TCAs reduce SERT expression.