Successful usage of Flibanserin (Addyi) for men?

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
mtkhalid

Successful usage of Flibanserin (Addyi) for men?

Unread post by mtkhalid »

To anyone (male) who has used Flibanserin (Addyi) successfully, what did you notice in your libido improvements?

Was it a modest improvement? A significant improvement in libido? A minor improvement? 10% of normal? 20% of normal? Etc.

I'm just wondering what I can expect as Dr. Goldstein (San Diego Sexual Medicine) has prescribed 100 mg of Flibanserin for me and my libido issues.

I'm suffering from enduring sexual dysfunction related to Abilify 15 mg; it's identical to PSSD symptoms, except it isn't caused by an SSRI.

On another note, if you've used flibanserin successfully, what are your experiences with working out (strength training) and libido, while being on flibanserin? Do you find that your libido increases after strength training, like it used to, prior to PSSD?
anacleta

Re: Successful usage of Flibanserin (Addyi) for men?

Unread post by anacleta »

I don't know. but since you're looking for something potentially useful, I thought of this

"Post selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor syndrome (PSSRIS) is a seemingly rare condition where hypoanaesthesia of the genital area, loss of sexual desire and erectile dysfunction occur as soon as after the first dose of medication or more commonly within a course of the medication. The effects are permanent and are highly distressing to patients. It is to be differentiated from psychogenic sexual problems that can occur after SSRI withdrawal.

I personally warn every patient I put onto SSRIs or SNRIs that PSSRIS is a rare possibility.

In this case report, the patient with PSSRIS was put onto EDOVIS, which is a dietary supplement containing L-citrulline and other nutritional supplements. The patient improved over 3 months. Of course, he may have improved without EDOVIS but PSSRIS patients in my experience do not spontaneously do so.

One of my own patients obtained online bremelanotide. His PSSRIS improved after the first injection."

David Goldmeier
Faculty Member
Psychiatry / Sexual Dysfunction
St Mary's Hospital
London
UK

https://facultyopinions.com/prime/734858708

I asked this doctor if he had any other cases of improvement but I did not get an answer to this question.
bremelanotide is Vyleesi, a self-injecting drug to increase libido and arousal.

if you have any experiences please let us know.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

anacleta wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:36 pm bremelanotide is Vyleesi, a self-injecting drug to increase libido and arousal.
Out of several people who tried Flibanserin already, I know 2 people who said that it improved all their sexual symptoms. taarn (one of them) said that it made him react to psychostimulants again. That aside, Bremelanotide is a lot more promising than Flibanserin on paper.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

We’re the improvements temporary and Wear off when it’s out of your system?
Markc1113

Again, anyone have input on this? I’m considering trying to give it a try being that there is nothing wrong with me physically, it’s desire and sensation that gives me a problem which I’m thinking this could help with both
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

If I could find a source for it in france, I would try it
sinceCelexa2010

Unread post by sinceCelexa2010 »

As I posted in an old thread, I tried it for 5 days. I had more vivid dreams but felt no other changes. Search for that thread to see others’ experiences.
GIXXER

Unread post by GIXXER »

Ive tried Bremelanotide PT141 lots. Its gave me painful rock hard erections that lasted for hours. Its did nothing for libido or pleasurable orgasms or sex.
Markc1113

Did it give you any negative side effects? So I could essentially use it some in place of pde5 since their not working as well?
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

Markc1113 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:03 pm Did it give you any negative side effects? So I could essentially use it some in place of pde5 since their not working as well?
I know at least 1 case where it did worse him after a while, possibly due to 5HT1A desensitization