HBOT worsened me

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
histamine1

Re: HBOT worsened me

Unread post by histamine1 »

climb wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:12 pm
histamine1 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:57 pm I think it’s permanent unfortunately. Before I could still feel emotions for the most part. I loved my family. Could laugh sometimes. Get angry. Cry. Everything was just blunted. Now I feel nothing. I can’t sleep. My muscles and my vagina have completely atrophied. My memory is even worse than before and I can’t even watch a tv shoe. My body jerks me awake every night when I tried to sleep. I have got nothing but worse every day. My mind is blank. No thoughts. No desires. My body is destroyed and so is whatever tiny bit I had left of my mind. Wrinkles on my face keep getting worse. I can’t believe this has happened. I can’t even cry about what’s happened. That’s all because I did HBOT. I seriously wouldn’t risk it for anyone who is sensitive like I am. I thought because it was oxygen that it couldn’t hurt now. I’m dead inside. I did it because I found out I had Lyme and mold toxicity on top of all of this and since I am sensitive to supplements, I figured this would be safer.
Hi Histamine

The symptoms of your crash sound almost identical to mine, except that I'm male (I did not take HBOT - something else caused my crash).
When something like this happens, it's very frightening and upsetting. It took a bit of time, but I am greatly improved compared to when I first had the crash. At that time I was really despairing and panicking. You can recover too.
Try to take good care of your diet and exercise and focus elsewhere (I know it is easier said than done). Give it some time. Hang in there.
Did you also have genital atrophy? That scares me most. How can hbot cause genital atrophy?
Sascha100

Unread post by Sascha100 »

How are you doing now?
Thomas

Unread post by Thomas »

histamine1 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:57 pm Did you also have genital atrophy? That scares me most. How can hbot cause genital atrophy?
Genital flaccid size varies a lot depending on lots of factors (temperature, mood, etc.)
Stress / anxiety can cause genital atrophy. Which seems the best explaination in your case (physical stress from HBOT then psychological stress from its consequences)
Escitalopram, 10mg/day, Jan-May 2019. Fluoxetine, May-Sept 2019. Mirtazapine 7,5mg/day, November 2019-January 2020. Escitalopram, 5mg/day, Feb-May 2020.
Symptoms: sexual & emotional numbness
climb

Unread post by climb »

Thomas wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:49 am
histamine1 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:57 pm Did you also have genital atrophy? That scares me most. How can hbot cause genital atrophy?
Genital flaccid size varies a lot depending on lots of factors (temperature, mood, etc.)
Stress / anxiety can cause genital atrophy. Which seems the best explaination in your case (physical stress from HBOT then psychological stress from its consequences)
true, but the kind of atrophy from PSSD is quite different, I think. In my experience, it was preceded by a lot of physical pain in my genitals. I thought I had nerve damage.