PSSD for 3 years, corticosteroids temporarily cured all PSSD symptoms

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
ErgogenicHealth

Re: PSSD for 3 years, corticosteroids temporarily cured all PSSD symptoms

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Delfador wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:24 pm
ErgogenicHealth wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:53 am Finally... some discussion around cortisol/corticosteroids.

Firstly: Low cortisol will lead to LOW dopamine symptoms, and complete emotional BLUNTING.

See this article by my friend:

Thyroid sets the idle for your system, cortisol is your gas pedal. Getting these two right/wrong, will have life-changing consequences.

"Greater motivation and enthusiasm to do things. Both the locus coeruleus (noradrenaline) and the ventral tegmentum (dopamine) are very rich in cortisol receptors. In fact, cortisol drastically elevates dopamine (much more than testosterone). Cortisol also strongly elevates noradrenaline and in high doses, it decreases serotonin. Thus high levels of cortisol make us driven (dopamine), alert (noradrenaline), rigid and obsessive and stressed (decrease in serotonin)¹."

https://thingsvarious.medium.com/cortis ... 3ba8af54e8

I have chronically high cortisol and adrenaline. I'm not driven, i'm crippled with parasympathetic overactivity. So you're incorrect.

You're basically suggesting that stress would elevate our dopamine, so no.

This is what he said:
Cortisol and dopamine: Cortisol enhances every aspect of dopamine signaling. From the number of dopamine receptors to all the way down the signalling cascade affecting cellular response and gene expression. (Less scientific version: It increases both the number of dopamine receptors as well as how sensitive the responding cells are to the activation of these receptors).

Greater drive to get physical and move. With low cortisol people want to lead a quiet, secluded life that does not have much action or movement.
Reduction in “burnout”-symptoms. In fact, low cortisol is the most common biochemical correlate to burnout syndrome. More about burnout (and its treatment) in Section 4.
If we change a hormone, we change personality. Changes in hormone levels will not just affect how we feel and react in the short-term (e.g. women during their menstrual phase of the cycle vs. their “normal” follicular phase), but if these changes are sustained (e.g. menopause, hormone replacement), this will eventually ripple into many of our thinking patterns and character traits (i.e. your personality will change somewhat). Even brain wiring will be changed over time. For more about personality changes with hormone replacement, read Section 5 in my main guide.

Less irritability. U-shaped curve. Low levels of cortisol cause nervous/obsessive/aggressive behavior. This is partially due to low cortisol not being able to reduce levels of CRH (an “anxiogenic” neuropeptide), which downregulates neurotransmission of serotonin.
Less “obsessivity” and neuroticism. U-shaped curve. Same mechanism as above. People with low levels of cortisol are often quite obsessive and neurotic. Firstly, same mechanism as above. Secondly, low levels of cortisol often cause constant, low-level hypoglycemia, which elevates CRH drastically. On the other hand, very high levels of cortisol cause obsessivity and neuroticism as well, because very high levels of cortisol downregulate serotonin synthesis, secretion and signalling. Levels of CRH and serotonin are major regulators of someone´s levels of “calmness”.

Better mood and less negativity. U-shaped curve.
Better stress resilience. U-shaped curve

Less brain fog. Much better concentration. Multiple mechanisms are at play. Firstly, blood pressure is elevated and low blood pressure causes “absent-mindedness” and brain fog. Secondly, low levels of cortisol often cause anemia, which impairs oxygen delivery to the brain. Thirdly, cortisol potently stimulates noradrenaline and dopamine (the neurotransmitter-systems most stimulants work on).
Delfador

Unread post by Delfador »

Again I'm telling you that is not true
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

Anybody else tried this? Im about to try naproxen, what dose should I take?
cdraham

Unread post by cdraham »

Naczoz wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:24 pm Anybody else tried this? Im about to try naproxen, what dose should I take?
Can u report back?
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

Redx07664 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:27 pm Wondering what others think about this... have had PSSD (no erections, muted orgasm, numb penis, usual stuff) for 3 years after 6 months of 50mg Paxil CR. About a year ago, I happened to get a bad rash from poison oak and received an injection and pills of corticosteroids that reversed all the PSSD symptoms 100% for about a day. I've found some information about corticosteroids and apparently they regulate 5-HT1A receptor. What might I try if corticosteroids temporarily did something? Buspirone? For anyone wondering, the injection was dexamethasone and the orals were prednisone.
What drug you took in particular?
Cooperr

Unread post by Cooperr »

Redx07664 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:02 pm
Cooperr wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:11 pm Hello man, may i ask the following questions:

- Erection girth/ length
- Mental arousal/libido
- Erection hardness (Both the penis itself and the pc muscles which start below the testicles, in between your legs. Those muscles should feel almost like contracted metal strings supporting the erection stiffness down below when aroused before PSSD.)
- Morning woods
- Penile scar tissue development or peyronie's like issues/ hourglass shape flaccid or erect.
- Orgasm sensitivity and intensity (controlled by Prostate :!: and pc muscles/nerves)
- Semen volume
- General penile and perineum sensivity (For example, i don't feel my urine coming out, or i don't feel any good while urinating. Before when i was healthy, i would shake my legs while holding a pee and my whole lower body would feel it. Even urinating was amazing. Now thats a faded memory. I am asking this because i am afraid of irreversible nerve damage. Did you remember the warm and sensitive feeling and satisfaction after a pee when you recovered? Do you remember correctly before pssd?)

Did all of these things reversed back to 100- 110% for you when you had that recovery? Can you remember the sensations and sensivity correctly post and pre-pssd?

Thanks. I hope you will recover for good. I hope you can get back at me, i need some hope. :geek:
On the dosage of corticosteroids, ALL symptoms, everything you may think you have, was reversed. It only lasted about 24 hours but it gave me some hope and something to go off of. I've been down the road of hoping something works and nothing happens so if it doesn't work, don't lose hope. I've felt like there is something wrong in my pelvis, genitals, and sphincter and it was all reversed temporarily.

Any more questions let me know.

Thanks for the response man!! Can we go a little more in detail for clarity? Did you have any scar tissue build- up on your penis? Like very slight peyronie's like issues? Did it heal back too?

Also, did you measure your penis? You were in hospital so i guess you couldn't? How are you 100% sure that the erect girth/ length reversed fully back? Did you masturbate and observed your orgasm sensivity and semen volume too? Was it like pre-pssd? I would probably cry out of happiness when i ejaculate lol! :mrgreen: (Im 6 years into this PAS nightmare.)

Im just curious and hope for the best but i have to keep this scientific. Thxx
Naczoz

Unread post by Naczoz »

cdraham wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:09 pm
Naczoz wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:24 pm Anybody else tried this? Im about to try naproxen, what dose should I take?
Can u report back?
I did tried it. No effect at all. This is all bullshit. Im again dissapionted.
Redx07664

Unread post by Redx07664 »

Naczoz wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:38 pm
Redx07664 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:27 pm Wondering what others think about this... have had PSSD (no erections, muted orgasm, numb penis, usual stuff) for 3 years after 6 months of 50mg Paxil CR. About a year ago, I happened to get a bad rash from poison oak and received an injection and pills of corticosteroids that reversed all the PSSD symptoms 100% for about a day. I've found some information about corticosteroids and apparently they regulate 5-HT1A receptor. What might I try if corticosteroids temporarily did something? Buspirone? For anyone wondering, the injection was dexamethasone and the orals were prednisone.
What drug you took in particular?
dexamethasone injection and prednisone pills as prescribed by doctor
Redx07664

Cooperr wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:18 am
Redx07664 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:02 pm
Cooperr wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:11 pm Hello man, may i ask the following questions:

- Erection girth/ length
- Mental arousal/libido
- Erection hardness (Both the penis itself and the pc muscles which start below the testicles, in between your legs. Those muscles should feel almost like contracted metal strings supporting the erection stiffness down below when aroused before PSSD.)
- Morning woods
- Penile scar tissue development or peyronie's like issues/ hourglass shape flaccid or erect.
- Orgasm sensitivity and intensity (controlled by Prostate :!: and pc muscles/nerves)
- Semen volume
- General penile and perineum sensivity (For example, i don't feel my urine coming out, or i don't feel any good while urinating. Before when i was healthy, i would shake my legs while holding a pee and my whole lower body would feel it. Even urinating was amazing. Now thats a faded memory. I am asking this because i am afraid of irreversible nerve damage. Did you remember the warm and sensitive feeling and satisfaction after a pee when you recovered? Do you remember correctly before pssd?)

Did all of these things reversed back to 100- 110% for you when you had that recovery? Can you remember the sensations and sensivity correctly post and pre-pssd?

Thanks. I hope you will recover for good. I hope you can get back at me, i need some hope. :geek:
On the dosage of corticosteroids, ALL symptoms, everything you may think you have, was reversed. It only lasted about 24 hours but it gave me some hope and something to go off of. I've been down the road of hoping something works and nothing happens so if it doesn't work, don't lose hope. I've felt like there is something wrong in my pelvis, genitals, and sphincter and it was all reversed temporarily.

Any more questions let me know.

Thanks for the response man!! Can we go a little more in detail for clarity? Did you have any scar tissue build- up on your penis? Like very slight peyronie's like issues? Did it heal back too?

Also, did you measure your penis? You were in hospital so i guess you couldn't? How are you 100% sure that the erect girth/ length reversed fully back? Did you masturbate and observed your orgasm sensivity and semen volume too? Was it like pre-pssd? I would probably cry out of happiness when i ejaculate lol! :mrgreen: (Im 6 years into this PAS nightmare.)

Im just curious and hope for the best but i have to keep this scientific. Thxx
I masturbated and had an orgasm that was pre-pssd. Have you gone to therapy and talked about your issues with a therapist? I think it would really help you, as it has helped me.
Redx07664

Naczoz wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:18 pm
cdraham wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:09 pm
Can u report back?
I did tried it. No effect at all. This is all bullshit. Im again dissapionted.
coticosteroids and 5-ht receptors or dopamine. I don't know the link but coticosteroids effect on either 5-ht and/or dopamine helped.

What can the SSRI i took ( PAxil or paroxetine) and coticosteroids have the same effect on?