New interesting theory on PSSD/PFS/PAS

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
sinceCelexa2010

Re: New interesting theory on PSSD/PFS/PAS

Unread post by sinceCelexa2010 »

Definitely interesting. I’m not sure how to pursue this angle given that some microbes are more prevalent and some are reduced. Go the antibiotic route and hope to kill the bad ones (and any infections ssris may have retriggered)? Or go the probiotic/fecal transplant route?
oldfriend

Unread post by oldfriend »

First time logging on after a year or so. This theory seems a bit silly. Not denying that infections are a thing in PSSD, but probably more symptomatic than causal e.g. serotonin is indicated in viral infection and reproduction. It's probably more true that people with PSSD are in a state of metabolic decline, cascade of stress hormones (excess serotonin promotes excess estrogen and vice versa) that compound and creates new problems over time, and chronic stress which makes you more vulnerable to infection. Antibiotics have not helped me to improve libido/performance or well-being in a lasting way. The only things that have some effect are improving metabolic function, increasing dopamine / suppressing serotonin and suppressing estrogen, minimizing stress, and changing my mentality.

That's why the recent epigenetic theory (hcg+proviron) makes a lot of sense to me. It's supposed to increase endogenous androgen production (Prozac is thought to work my increases allopregnenolone) & thyroid hormone production, reset ER and AR, etc.. The description of estrogen dominance, but receptors being de-sensitized to estrogen there fits my symptoms exactly. I don't know that this protocol will cure me or a person suffering from PSSD, but my intuition and experience tells me that the cause of PFS is also epigenetic in nature and that it makes more sense to take an epigenetic approach.

Anyways, my experience is that working on improving metabolism and minimizing stress is the fundamental/universal way to deal with bacterial / viral concerns and will significantly improve other symptoms as well (I suspect that many people with PSSD had some metabolic dysfunction prior to taking SSRI). The approach can vary from person to person as each has different barriers to improving metabolic function. I've been having success with fermentable carbs, no meat, and a surplus of calories lately (read about Kellogg's milch regimen if you're considering FMT or spending lots on probiotics). Meeting RDAs, and using temperature, bowel function, mental/emotional symptoms and a few principles as my guide. Also getting sunlight, regular walks, pushing myself to be more social, and giving less fucks / being more patient with my recovery.
girl90

Unread post by girl90 »

croboy17 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:40 pm Hello,

New user here , hopefully I am welcome. Im sure ALL of you will find my story interesting. I have never in my life used finasteride/accutane/ssri. When I was about 10/11 years old I visited my doctor for a rash I had on my buttocks, thighs, and biceps. The doctor diagnosed it as a fungal rash (looks like ringworm) and prescribed me hydrocortisone cream (immuno-supressive) Anyways, the cream never helped that much , but it did seem to reduce the rash for a bit before it would flare up again. I would pick up more cream every other year or so. Well eventually I got to the age where the rash started to have a negative impact on my self-image and would say I used it maybe too much.

March 2016- After eating 5 eggs for breakfast every morning for the last 2-3 years. Something changed one morning. I developed hives all over my body. My skin went pale. This had never happened to me in my life ever. It took about 3 hours for the hives to settle down. I immediately attributed this to the eggs, but thought maybe it was just a bad "pack of eggs" I ate. Anyways once the rash settled I decided to try another pack of eggs. I broke out in hives again! I immediately called my mother and told her that it looks like I developed some new egg allergy or something. My brother even gave me shit for trying it again saying that I can die from severe allergic reaction. The next day my soccer/football team went on preseason training 4-5 hours away in another city. At the team hotel I decided to try eggs again. Once again I broke out into hives and my coach was worried for me as well so I missed practice. To be clear I had no symptoms beside the hives at this point.

April 2016: I returned to Canada my birth country. I avoided eggs all this time. I started my first job working on a construction site. All was fine.

May/June 2016: A few months into my job something had happened. I do not know what happened during this time , as I could not even put the pieces together. Basically I was just working 10 hours a day, drinking black coffee, and eating salads. I would come home and run for 1 hour at the track then play soccer with my friend for 2 hours and go to sleep for the next work day. This time was all a blur. I noticed that for the first time in the last 10 years the fungal rash on my thighs/buttocks/biceps had COMPLETELY dissapeared!!! This was a shock to me.

July/August 2016: I sat on the toilet one morning and felt really strange. I noticed that I had not had "morning wood" I sat on the toilet for a little bit longer and said to myself. "Hold on a minute, I havent had morning wood in the last few months" I panicked and tried to get hard and it was like something I can not explain. I could not get an erection. The genitals were numb like rubber. My scrotum was tight and close to my body.

September 2016: I started to panic and thought the diet/overtraining fucked up my testosterone levels. I went to my doctor and she said all was normal and that it was probably all in my head. I did more research and came across cauda equina syndrome and for 1 month I believed I had this. During this time I was still going to the gym but this is when new symptoms set in. Dry eyes, horrible arm pit odor, strange smelling farts, leaking urine/stress incontinence. SEVERE restless legs syndrome.

2016-2018: I have visited multiple doctors with no help. Eventually I decided to read more into the internet and came across Post FInasteride/PSSD,PAS. These guys were basically my twin. I even contacted a doctor for help (John Crisler) He told me it sounds like PFS and I should get my DHT levels checked. Indeed they were low 176 (350-850) I was scared, and eventually quit my job because I felt like I had nothing left. I tried Creatine to raise dht, but it did not work.

2019: I stumbled upon a doctor on youtube (Joel Rosen) who was talking about something called the "dutch test' he was also talking about DHT. So I found this interesting. I decided to contact him via instagram. I begged him for help and he agreed to look at my hormones. He saw the low dht , elevated dhea-s etc. He did not seem to worried about this. Immediately he asked for my regular blood test results. His response?

"You have an immune system issue. No amount of DHT in the world will fix you. You have to address the immune system first. I suspect this is all driven by a reactivated VIRAL INFECTION"

I was soo angry at his response. How can he not be concerned with my low dht!? I ignored him and went on another year of searching for answers. All this until I found on another forum where a user states "finasteride causes immune system dysfunction and causes dormant infections to reactivate. BOOM! This shit hit me and I immediately rememebered what the good doctor from instagram said to me.

I will leave it at this. My blood results show Elevated Lymphocytes, decreased neutrophils. My IgE is 790.9 (0-100) I also have elevated calprotectin 126 (0-100) Calprotectin = gut inflammation. Stool test showed Blastocystis hominis. DHT 176 (350-850) despite never taking dht inhibitor.

https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/diseases/rin ... roids.html
"Steroid creams also can make ringworm worse because they weaken the skin’s defenses. In rare cases, steroid creams allow the fungus that causes ringworm to invade deeper into the skin and cause a more serious condition."

My theory is that we basically have skewed Th1/Th2 balance. I have found people cured from treating Fungal infections, Candida, Chlamydia trachomatis, and viral infections? What do these all have in common? These are all intracellular pathogens. Th1 is needed to address these intracellular pathogens. Th1 in our case is supressed due to over active Th2.

We also have the guy cured from treating e. histolytica (parasite)
"In their Parasite Immunology article on worms and viral infections, Dr. Kamal et al. explain why some parasitic worms aggravate the immune response.[13] Because parasitic worms often induce Th2 cells and lead to suppressed Th1 cells, problems arise when Th1 cells are needed.[13] Such cases occur with viral diseases.[13]"
Croyboy, sir I don't know what to say or how to say it, but please, put please reply sir. Please help me sir. Croyboy just know I have read all your post, and I believe you can help me...I have had pssd for 36 years, and all of this time with these horrfic symptoms are wearing on me and is starting me to think crazy thoughts. I agree with your theory, you said you are basically cured by treating your pssd with antibotics....you said there is a method of finding out what pathogens are responsible for causing these symptoms(mostly sleep deprivation, and sexual symptoms). I need your help sir(I will pay you) to help me find out what is causing this...I have tried some compounds to help my gut healed, but nothing has helped me. I need you to share with me the process of finding out the right pathogen to kill with antibiotics.....Lastround360 told me to ge a stool test by thorne, and it showed all of the pathogens elevated...I just am hoping and praying that you are still a member, because you have not posted since 2020...Please, please if you read this, please reply.....I will pay you much money if you need it. Thank you.