The Famous Cyproheptadine Rebound Cure - HELP!

This is for hypothesis and even educated speculation.
Kk88

Re: The Famous Cyproheptadine Rebound Cure - HELP!

Unread post by Kk88 »

PAT wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:34 pm How long do you have to take the Cyproheptadine for in order to get the rebound effect? I'm thinking of buying some Periactin over the counter. However, I'm extremely concerned that so many people pile on a ton of weight while taking it. Do you have to take it long-term? Can you take it for one day, and then feel the rebound a few days later? I'm desperate. I haven't felt an ounce of pleasure during an orgasm since I discontinued an SSRI nearly twelve years ago. Even if it just gives me a tiny, tiny window, I'm willing to try it.
I felt benefits in about day 4 of taking. I believe I posted about my experience At the time (February)
PAT

Unread post by PAT »

^ Thank you. I will give it a try.
climb

Unread post by climb »

Lokzo55 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:02 pm
What is happening 4 days after Cypro?

I need help understanding how to replicate these effects.

St. John's Wort also appears to have fix my issues as well.

So ARE ALL SIGNS POINTING TOWARDS 5-HT1A dysfunction?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Someone has posted something on reddit about this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSSD/comments/ ... ine_works/

Seems like a different experience with a larger dose. Hopefully they will elaborate a bit more.
Vercingétorix

Unread post by Vercingétorix »

Lokzo55 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:02 pm Sup everyone,

I contracted PSSD from Ashwagandha usage, amongst many other dudes unfortunately.

Now, what I need help with is developing THEORIES, as to WHY CYPROHEPTADINE WORKS.

But it doesn't work when we dose it acutely.

In fact, a single dose of cyproheptadine (<1mg), will cause the following effects:
-Horrible libido.
-Fatigue.
-Ravenous appetite.
-Incredible digestion.
-Numbing of all my emotions.

BUT...... It's the REBOUND of cypro.... That CURES us of PSSD.

DAY 4 and 5 AFTER using 1mg of cypro, there's this incredible SNAP-BACK effect....

Orgasm returns, no more blunted libido, everything amazing.

But WHY....

Hi, I tried cyproheptadine 1mg recently and I had a good erectile improvement too, but for me the improvement was the next 2 days. It was a very good improvement, but the sedation the day following the medicine, even at only 1mg for me, makes it hardly a cure.

I 've made some researchs about 5ht1 antagonists and found that trazodone has a similar effect of antagonism on 5ht1. Have you already tried it ?
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Vercingétorix wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:20 pm
Lokzo55 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:02 pm Sup everyone,

I contracted PSSD from Ashwagandha usage, amongst many other dudes unfortunately.

Now, what I need help with is developing THEORIES, as to WHY CYPROHEPTADINE WORKS.

But it doesn't work when we dose it acutely.

In fact, a single dose of cyproheptadine (<1mg), will cause the following effects:
-Horrible libido.
-Fatigue.
-Ravenous appetite.
-Incredible digestion.
-Numbing of all my emotions.

BUT...... It's the REBOUND of cypro.... That CURES us of PSSD.

DAY 4 and 5 AFTER using 1mg of cypro, there's this incredible SNAP-BACK effect....

Orgasm returns, no more blunted libido, everything amazing.

But WHY....

Hi, I tried cyproheptadine 1mg recently and I had a good erectile improvement too, but for me the improvement was the next 2 days. It was a very good improvement, but the sedation the day following the medicine, even at only 1mg for me, makes it hardly a cure.

I 've made some researchs about 5ht1 antagonists and found that trazodone has a similar effect of antagonism on 5ht1. Have you already tried it ?
Interesting man. Thanks for the report. Did it bring back orgasm? What's your response like with Licorice root, ALCAR or Ginger? I would not suggest Trazodone.
Vercingétorix

ErgogenicHealth wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:04 pm
Vercingétorix wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:20 pm

Interesting man. Thanks for the report. Did it bring back orgasm? What's your response like with Licorice root, ALCAR or Ginger? I would not suggest Trazodone.
I have no orgasm problem, I have only erectile dysfunction. I like ginger and I eat it almost every day, I 've never noticed any effect. Lirocice and alcar, I've never tried them, do you think I should ? I am thinking of trying cbg, as it seems to be a 5ht1a antagonist like cyproheptadine.
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

CBG is also a 5-HT1A antagonist that makes you super hungry. It does have a good rebound effect too, but I need to trial it again in the future. ALCAR can help you determine if you respond well to 5-HT1A agonism...
Vercingétorix

Sorry I made a mistake I said 5ht1, but it is 5ht2 receptors that are antagonised by cyproheptadine.
Vercingétorix

There is something I wonder about cyproheptadine : can it improve erection to men who have a non-ssri related erectile dysfunction, or does it work only for ssri induced ED ?