No Wikipedia Page on PSSD?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
squirtleSquirtle

No Wikipedia Page on PSSD?

Unread post by squirtleSquirtle »

It has come to my attention that PSSD continues to have no wikipedia page after wikipedia took down the original page in 2014. A wide array of scientific literature has been published in reputable peer reviewed journals since that time (and the European medicines agency has also officially warned since last year), so there should be no doubt at all to the editors at wikipedia about the credibility of such a page.

Have there been attempts to write and submit a new updated wikipedia page on PSSD for the world to see? If not, I think it's time for us to do so and we should not take no for an answer.

Best Regards and Squirtle Squirtle!
-Squirtle

-As a side note check out the PSSD Drugs and Rock and Roll youtube channel. Subscriptions and views = funding for PSSD research for rxsk.org and other reputable University labs!
Channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn8GM6 ... P0LOxUv3iA
20 mg Prozac, March-May, Septemeber-December 2015
Problems starting at discontinuation: very low libido, erectile dysfunction, watery semen, no morning wood
Current Problems: mild erectile dysfunction
link11

Re: No Wikipedia Page on PSSD?

Unread post by link11 »

I agree-we should definitely try to create another and the EMA ruling should surely help with this.

We are continually being censored and the person who took down the original PSSD wiki page was apparently a former pharma employee who also conceals anything to do with flouroquinolone harms. This was revealed by Dr Healy who was able to trace back to them.

It is disgusting and morally wrong but as you say, we have greater power now. Any further attempt to block this info should be seen as nothing but complete and total censorship at this stage.
DrugsAreBad

Unread post by DrugsAreBad »

Where can I find information about the recognition from the European Medicines Agency? Links? Sources?
Frog

Unread post by Frog »

DrugsAreBad wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:18 am Where can I find information about the recognition from the European Medicines Agency? Links? Sources?
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/ ... ing_en.pdf

Page 5/9
DrugsAreBad

Thanks for the source. It's a very clear statement. Time to bring back the wiki?
squirtleSquirtle

Unread post by squirtleSquirtle »

DrugsAreBad wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:09 am Thanks for the source. It's a very clear statement. Time to bring back the wiki?
YES! I've got my hands full with pssdDrugsAndRockAndRoll. Care to take a first poke at it? An organised task force of us in Canada (responsible for the http://pssdcanada.squarespace.com/ website) can surely help expand it and make edits once you get the basic page going. Need references? Here's a mostly up to date list I put together in January: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aGXCF8 ... sp=sharing
20 mg Prozac, March-May, Septemeber-December 2015
Problems starting at discontinuation: very low libido, erectile dysfunction, watery semen, no morning wood
Current Problems: mild erectile dysfunction
DrugsAreBad

squirtleSquirtle wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:38 pm
DrugsAreBad wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:09 am Thanks for the source. It's a very clear statement. Time to bring back the wiki?
YES! I've got my hands full with pssdDrugsAndRockAndRoll. Care to take a first poke at it? An organised task force of us in Canada (responsible for the http://pssdcanada.squarespace.com/ website) can surely help expand it and make edits once you get the basic page going. Need references? Here's a mostly up to date list I put together in January: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aGXCF8 ... sp=sharing
I can take a stab at it. Never created a wiki before though. Is the old one still accessible somehow? Perhaps it could be used as a starting point.
ephemeral

Unread post by ephemeral »

I investigated what happened to the previous page and what the current situation is. Sadly, it is not possible to create a new page.

A page called post-SSRI sexual dysfunction already exists in the form of a redirect to the sexual dysfunction section of the page for selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective ... ysfunction

It would be possible to edit the existing section. If it grows large enough, that might warrant separating it into a separate page.
Last edited by ephemeral on Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ephemeral

I made a few edits to the existing section. Let's hope they remain. I think this is the best that can be done for now.
Last edited by ephemeral on Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ephemeral

This is what the section currently looks like.
Sexual dysfunction

SSRIs can cause various types of sexual dysfunction such as anorgasmia, erectile dysfunction, diminished libido, genital numbness, and sexual anhedonia (pleasureless orgasm).[48] Sexual problems are common with SSRIs.[49] Poor sexual function is also one of the most common reasons people stop the medication.[50]

In some cases, symptoms of sexual dysfunction may persist after discontinuation of SSRIs.[48][51][52]:14[53][54] This combination of symptoms is sometimes referred to as Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD).[55][56] On the 11th of June 2019 the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee of the European Medicines Agency formally recognized that long-lasting sexual dysfunction may persist despite discontinuation of SSRIs and issued a new product information wording regarding persistent sexual dysfunction after SSRIs and SNRIs that includes a section with special warnings and precautions for use.[57]

The mechanism by which SSRIs may cause sexual side effects is not well understood as of 2020. The range of possible mechanisms includes (1) nonspecific neurological effects (e.g., sedation) that globally impair behavior including sexual function; (2) specific effects on brain systems mediating sexual function; (3) specific effects on peripheral tissues and organs, such as the penis, that mediate sexual function; and (4) direct or indirect effects on hormones mediating sexual function.[58] Management strategies include: for erectile dysfunction the addition of a PDE5 inhibitor such as sildenafil; for decreased libido, possibly adding or switching to bupropion; and for overall sexual dysfunction, switching to nefazodone.[59]

A number of non-SSRI drugs are not associated with sexual side effects (such as bupropion, mirtazapine, tianeptine, agomelatine and moclobemide[60][61]).

Several studies have suggested that SSRIs may adversely affect semen quality.[62]

While trazodone (an antidepressant with alpha adrenergic receptor blockade) is a notorious cause of priapism, cases of priapism have also been reported with certain SSRIs (e.g. fluoxetine, citalopram).[63]