What questions should I ask Dr. Goldstein?

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Zant808

What questions should I ask Dr. Goldstein?

Unread post by Zant808 »

I'll be seeing Dr. Goldstein for a rather lengthy visit soon. I have my own list of things that I've compiled that I will be giving to him and asking him. Since I have an extended visit there with him and his staff, I was wondering what you believe I should ask him for my own PSSD treatment and in addition to that, what would you like me to ask him about PSSD and other related topics such as mental health, psychiatric drugs, iatrogenesis, advocacy etc. that could be of use here to everyone?
I was forced onto Prozac back in the mid 1990s as a minor giving me PSSD then either forced or coerced to take 40+ different psychiatric medications resulting in severe iatrogenesis.
Currently on 1125 mg Depakote Sprinkles, 3 mg Klonopin.
john099

Re: What questions should I ask Dr. Goldstein?

Unread post by john099 »

I saw him a while back and I dont think he really has any magic bullet for this condition- I did the PRP and I think it did help with erections for a year or so but Goldstein is having everyone do MRIs because one guy (Kaleb) has an issue there that he was able to fix. Interested to hear if Dr. G has any new insights into any of this. Very nice man who at least is trying to help us unlike most doctors who dont even believe in PSSD.
anacleta

Unread post by anacleta »

--
Last edited by anacleta on Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

I would ask how many people have gone to him with this condition. Of those what kind of treatments he has prescribed and what was the efficacy/improvement in the patients roughly speaking. That is how many saw any improvement and how large was roughly that improvement percentage wise.

Also since someone said he is doing MRI scans for the patients has he noticed any irregularities in general.
Zant808

Unread post by Zant808 »

john099 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:58 pm I saw him a while back and I dont think he really has any magic bullet for this condition- I did the PRP and I think it did help with erections for a year or so but Goldstein is having everyone do MRIs because one guy (Kaleb) has an issue there that he was able to fix. Interested to hear if Dr. G has any new insights into any of this. Very nice man who at least is trying to help us unlike most doctors who dont even believe in PSSD.
If you are willing to, can you please let me know how many months/years ago you saw him? What I have seen is that based on cases from years ago compared to recently, the "menu of treatments" that he is now has available has grown by quite a lot. If PRP helped with erections for a year, did you try them again?
I was forced onto Prozac back in the mid 1990s as a minor giving me PSSD then either forced or coerced to take 40+ different psychiatric medications resulting in severe iatrogenesis.
Zant808

Unread post by Zant808 »

defmyst wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:31 pm I would ask how many people have gone to him with this condition. Of those what kind of treatments he has prescribed and what was the efficacy/improvement in the patients roughly speaking. That is how many saw any improvement and how large was roughly that improvement percentage wise.

Also since someone said he is doing MRI scans for the patients has he noticed any irregularities in general.
I'll definitely ask him all of these things. However, even if I'm not able to get these answers right now, I'll just say that from what is hopefully going to be published soon, it's going to show the answers these questions.
john099

Unread post by john099 »

I saw him back in fall of 2018 - my nerve test showed abnormal but all labs were normal. He suggested PRP - which I did and do see value in that treatment - I may go get another one if my ED keeps up. But other than that he suggested shockwave for lower back (sacram) and penis - but many have not had success with this - and he even mentioned that for my issues specifially it was low chance it would help. By that I mean gential numbness specifically - he didnt seem to think it would help much. So I never did it - and from what Ive read and spoke to others its not worth the $$. Even if you get results they will probably fade.

But I really like Dr. G - very nice guy and knowledable - would always to be curious to hear from others that have seen him more recently with any positive news to report back.
Zant808

Unread post by Zant808 »

After receiving lots of different tests, I finally have both subjective and objective proof that there is a serious level of systemic damage caused by the psychiatric drugs I was given. The path to attempting to treat such a complicated case as mine is going to be extremely difficult and of course there are never any guarantees. I could get worse but I have nothing left to lose at this point. The small glimmer of hope I have left is that when I first had the initial damage back in the 90s, nobody believed me, but now someone actually believes that PSSD is real and is constantly working on improving treatment.

PSSD isn't just brain damage which it was already shown that I had over a decade ago from primitive SPECT scans. I was shocked to see the recent imaging done on my penis and to realize that the psychiatric drugs I took caused such immense physical damage there that it made it look like "swiss cheese dick" or "black hole dick" and that's a major reason why I have the severe ED component of PSSD. This is all so very anxiety provoking, so I'll just leave it at that for now.
john099

Unread post by john099 »

What did Goldstein recommend? PRP and shockwave?
defmyst

Unread post by defmyst »

Zant808 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:15 am After receiving lots of different tests, I finally have both subjective and objective proof that there is a serious level of systemic damage caused by the psychiatric drugs I was given. The path to attempting to treat such a complicated case as mine is going to be extremely difficult and of course there are never any guarantees. I could get worse but I have nothing left to lose at this point. The small glimmer of hope I have left is that when I first had the initial damage back in the 90s, nobody believed me, but now someone actually believes that PSSD is real and is constantly working on improving treatment.

PSSD isn't just brain damage which it was already shown that I had over a decade ago from primitive SPECT scans. I was shocked to see the recent imaging done on my penis and to realize that the psychiatric drugs I took caused such immense physical damage there that it made it look like "swiss cheese dick" or "black hole dick" and that's a major reason why I have the severe ED component of PSSD. This is all so very anxiety provoking, so I'll just leave it at that for now.
What physical imaging are you referring to? I have severe libido and extreme ED problems. I had an ultra sound scan done on my penis about a month ago. It didn't show any damage. This doesn't mean that there isn't damage to you, but all I am saying is that we could have these problems without any physical damage (although the physical damage is most likely in the brain).