Wellbutrin

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Kk88

Re: Wellbutrin

Unread post by Kk88 »

I finally got hold of wellbutrin. I got it online but it is an NHS approved source so it should be reputable. I'm planning:

150mg/day for 7 days
150/300mg day/7 days
Maybe continue this, maybe go to 300mg/day
4 weeks of 300mg/day, 2 weeks off, reassess

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? It's just what I've pieced together from this threat. I've also ordered an l-dopa supplement but I'm a bit nervous about taking this with wellbutrin. Any thoughts on this?

I'd love some updates from you ladies who have had success - has anyone successfully maintained improvements after discontinuation? This feels like my last hope with all of this. 12 years of it and I'm desperate now.
Jaxx

Unread post by Jaxx »

I wouldnt combine them as both impact dopamine. Especially in the buildup phase it doesnt make much sense to combine things as you will have no idea what is causing what anymore.

I have no experience cycling wellbutrin, but it took me 1-2 weeks to adjust to the insomnia effect, cycling could make this worse.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

I strongly disagree with your Wellbutrin schedule. 7 days at each dose is way too short. Wellbutrin can be very stimulating, it takes time to get used to. I would say at least a month at each dose before considering increasing. Also, Wellbutrin is an NDRI- you can't take a two week break like that. Abrupt cessation is the number 1 risk factor for PSSD, and can cause other long-term damage. With any medication like this, you need to taper off as slowly as you can.

Jaxx is correct in that you shouldn't add two new meds at the same time. I use Wellbutrin + dopa mucuna and it has helped me a lot. But you need to be careful and go slowly.
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

Thanks sovietxrobot. I think you're probably right. I have done a week of 150mg and a week of alternating 150mg/300mg a day. Maybe I should go back to 150mg next week or maybe I should go continue like this?

I had worried I was going to run out of meds (hence hurrying the process) but have worked out I actually have enough for a good few months, so less urgency to rush now.

I have already noticed some small but definite changes, but won't report on these until I'm more certain of what this looks like.

sovietxrobot wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:18 pm I strongly disagree with your Wellbutrin schedule. 7 days at each dose is way too short. Wellbutrin can be very stimulating, it takes time to get used to. I would say at least a month at each dose before considering increasing. Also, Wellbutrin is an NDRI- you can't take a two week break like that. Abrupt cessation is the number 1 risk factor for PSSD, and can cause other long-term damage. With any medication like this, you need to taper off as slowly as you can.

Jaxx is correct in that you shouldn't add two new meds at the same time. I use Wellbutrin + dopa mucuna and it has helped me a lot. But you need to be careful and go slowly.
sovietxrobot

Unread post by sovietxrobot »

If you don't have a reliable source of meds, e.g. a prescription and a nearby pharmacy, you should not touch Wellbutrin. what happens if you run out and can't get any more for a few days? abrupt withdrawal can be serious and devastating. like I said, its the leading cause of PSSD.

if it was me, id stay on 150mg for 3 more weeks. too much dopamine can have some nasty side effects. also with Wellbutrin its common to feel a big boost at first that levels off.
Kk88

Unread post by Kk88 »

I have a reliable source and with my current supplies I’m not going to run out for 20 weeks (and confident I can get more after this) so abrupt withdrawal isn’t a problem.

Thanks for your thoughts - I’ll continue 150 for a little longer. I know there are risks, but after 12 years i’m willing to take them with caution. It’s my last resort.
wellthatsuckss

Unread post by wellthatsuckss »

I have tried one dose of 150mg Wellbutrin and it gave me tinnitus. Considering it may be permanent, there is no way i am taking another dose. You tend to underestimate this shit until you get it for one night. I noticed that i love my silence when i am trying to sleep.
Low response to both sexual and emotional stimuli
I still got nocturnal and morning erections but they are mechanical and devoid of sexual nature.
Almost non existent anxiety.
RainebowGirl

Unread post by RainebowGirl »

Hello! I have finally been able to come back, after a while of being away, and my benefits stuck. Did it work for anyone else? (Sorry if necroing is not proper here)
:?
Used Effexor, Wellbutrin from 2012 - 2015. PSSD 4Y after.
Reinstated with Wellbutrin from March 2019 - May 2019. 65% improvement that leveled out closer to 40%.
Implemented yoga and pelvic floor therapy on and off.
Now at 85%! :mrgreen:
flexstar13

Unread post by flexstar13 »

After wellbutrin gave me the best window the first time I came off I wanted to try it again. Also this time I had 1 week of improved symtoms which fade away over night. During the med I only got suicidal when I raised the dose.

So what’s the deal with coming off the med. Why is it only doing something positive when I taper? I was thinking of trying maybe 150 or 300 mg every three days. Any thoughts on this?
kaimbre

Unread post by kaimbre »

Wellbutrin only works with hormone therapy.
Do PCT too.
PSSD by a combination of Risperidon and Fluoxetin

Tests: damiana, gingko biloba, cabergolin, pramipexol, buspiron, SJW
Significant improvement only with SJW