Cure attempt #2 (in-progress / initial findings)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Steven

Re: Cure attempt #2 (in-progress / initial findings)

Unread post by Steven »

ok thank you jaxx
garycooper

Unread post by garycooper »

Hello Meso,
Thx for sharing your progress!
Like many on this forum, I would like to try this treatment at some point in time. I also understand that this is a risky treatment. I was therefore wondering if you could provide – whenever you feel confident enough with this treatment – a comprehensive guide on how to do this and minimize risks.
1) First, you mention Serotonin Syndrome as a risk. What first signs should I look for? How and when should I take Cyproheptadine? For how long? Should I taper off gradually the DXM and the Naltrexone in case of SS?
2) You mention that DXM is psychotomimitic. Should I try DXM alone to see how my body reacts to it? Should I start with half a dose? A quarter of a dose? I have good experience with psychotropics (shrooms, DMT). On the web, they mention that psychosis can occur at dose above 1500mg. Is 250mg considered a risky dose?
3) Many benzos are scheduled drugs. Some antipsychotics might also be hard to get. What should I consider getting realistically?

Sorry if these questions are dumb. This is just not my field of expertise.
Thx!
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

garycooper wrote:Hello Meso,
Like many on this forum, I would like to try this treatment at some point in time. I also understand that this is a risky treatment. I was therefore wondering if you could provide – whenever you feel confident enough with this treatment – a comprehensive guide on how to do this and minimize risks.
1) First, you mention Serotonin Syndrome as a risk. What first signs should I look for? How and when should I take Cyproheptadine? For how long? Should I taper off gradually the DXM and the Naltrexone in case of SS?
2) You mention that DXM is psychotomimitic. Should I try DXM alone to see how my body reacts to it? Should I start with half a dose? A quarter of a dose? I have good experience with psychotropics (shrooms, DMT). On the web, they mention that psychosis can occur at dose above 1500mg. Is 250mg considered a risky dose?
3) Many benzos are scheduled drugs. Some antipsychotics might also be hard to get. What should I consider getting realistically?

Thx!
It has come to my attention that people are trying this regimen without taking precautions into consideration despite the several disclaimers and warnings. Others try it despite having symptoms of low serotonin, ending up with more anxiety and/or depression. I've discussed this with site admins and have decided that I would add a section dedicated to probing and harm-reduction. I will update this thread after I'm mentally able to (have a concussion).
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
arahant

Unread post by arahant »

Meso wrote:
garycooper wrote:Hello Meso,

Thx!
It has come to my attention that people are trying this regimen without taking precautions into consideration despite the several disclaimers and warnings. Others try it despite having symptoms of low serotonin, ending up with more anxiety and/or depression. I've discussed this with site admins and have decided that I would add a section dedicated to probing and harm-reduction. I will update this thread after I'm mentally able to (have a concussion).

A harm-reduction section is a good idea. There are a lot of risks involving psychiatric drugs, and serotonin syndrome is something no one would enjoy it. The existence of this forum is proof of how harmful these drugs can be.

Even if I was visiting a psychiatrist and following his recommendations instead of taking a list of prescriptions and supplements from posts on the internet. I got severe extrapyramidal effects after taking bupropion at maximum dose per day (jaw clenching, muscle tightness, earaches, and tinnitus).
Wellbutrin (2007 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Sertraline (2015)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin (2016 - 2018)
Wellbutrin + Ritalin + Sertraline (3 months in 2018)
Buspirone (Feb 2019 - Today)
Ritalin + Buspirone (Nov 2019 - today)
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

what a dumbass i am, of course im not getting NMDA antagonism from DXO when i take naltrexone before dxm

because naltrexone inhibits cyp2d6 just like bupropion

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29744741/
Last edited by PsychoGenesis on Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris27

Unread post by chris27 »

It's been a while Meso... How are things going?
Russ

Unread post by Russ »

Would anyone be able to provide an explanation as to what the relationship is between mu opioid receptors and their influence on upregulation/downregulation of androgen receptors as Meso has mentioned. What downstream mechanisms cause this upregulation of androgen receptors via antagonism of the mu opioid receptors using Naltrexone?

There was a user on the PSSD Reddit forum that has recently mentioned having some of his libido comeback after using Naltrexone for a few days at 50 mg. Maybe this is a route worth investigating further for those of us that experience mainly the sexual side effects.
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

[Update 6]
15-12-2019 (Day-Month-Year)

This is the final update on the DXM/nalt trial. It's been so long since last update and emotional/hedonistic improvements never returned. Sexual improvements still remain, though.

Symptoms:
Libido: 9/10
Erections: 7/10
Orgasms: 10/10
Hedonistic response: 3/10
Emotional response: 1/10
Cognition: 3/10

This means that DXM/nalt worked to centrally upregulate AR and restore some negative feedback loop on serotonin, but the effects are moderate and don't target peripheral AR. I still have peripheral issues such as loss of muscle mass, hair problems, high-pitch voice, and mild ED, etc.

I'm now trialing another regimen that targets all central and peripheral AR/ER issue as well as the shortcomings of this previous trial (including cognitive symptoms). I'll keep the details secret and I retain the right to report the regimen here or abstain from doing so, regardless of the outcome.

I'm keeping the details secret this time around since many people have shown impulsiveness and irresponsible behavior with the DXM/nalt trial. For example people trying it without any precautionary measures, some trying mega high doses of DXM without having high serotonin (no probing + against my advice), and even some trying it after quitting SRIs for less than 1 month!
Extremaduro

Unread post by Extremaduro »

What about anxiety and depression?
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

Extremaduro wrote:What about anxiety and depression?
No anxiety or depression.