Australians - DO NOT take Swisse multivitamins

Any other sexual dysfunctions not properly addressed by medical science.
Bear

Australians - DO NOT take Swisse multivitamins

Unread post by Bear »

For the past 3 months, I have unknowingly been taking a supplement that can lead to PFS. That supplement is saw palmetto. Australia's leading vitamin supplement company, Swisse, has a product called Men's Ultivite. Each MU pill contains 200mg of saw palmetto. This dosage is HIGHER than what is usually found in even straight-up saw palmetto capsules (around 160mg). Please don't make the same mistake I did and take Swisse, and always read through labels very carefully.
jaiho

Re: Australians - DO NOT take Swisse multivitamins

Unread post by jaiho »

Appreciate the warning but i dont think an extra 40mg of saw palmetto is going to be harmful...
Bear

Unread post by Bear »

jaiho wrote:Appreciate the warning but i dont think an extra 40mg of saw palmetto is going to be harmful...
Did you even read the post? I said 200mg. People have developed PFS sypmtoms as a result of taking even lesser dosages.
Timm Thaler

Unread post by Timm Thaler »

Thank you, for the warning! I am not australian, but it is a reminder to look really carefully once more about what we take in! I realized similar with ready made smoothies. infact lots of 'modern' food.
Luis Fernando Lopez

Unread post by Luis Fernando Lopez »

Hi Bear, did you notice any differences while taking the Swiss multivitamins?
Bear

Unread post by Bear »

Hey Luis, I remember feeling as though my libido had diminished even more, and that my glans had become a bit number. These differences could be attributable to natural fluctuations in the state of my condition, but I'm not too sure which is the case. My progesterone is three times higher than it was when I got it tested 7 months ago. I'm not sure if my PSSD is all that different from what it was originally, however. I do believe that numbness is a tiny bit worse. I took high doses of ginseng around this period which I believe could be responsible for some hormonal changes, and I was also smoking some weed. I plan on being a bit more active here once my exams have passed, but in the meantime feel free to ask any questions.
ErgogenicHealth

Unread post by ErgogenicHealth »

Hey man,
I am also from Australia. I am open to chatting if you would like. I currently work in a pharmacy and used to use that exact multivitamin. Feel free to DM me.
freedomseeker11

Unread post by freedomseeker11 »

hey guys off topic but I've recently made a report to the TGA (Therapeutic, Goods and Administration) organization about my condition of PSSD from Prozac (fluoxetine).

If you guys can report your side effects from SSRI's to them, it'd be great for increasing publicity and hopefully finding a future treatment!

You can make a report here: https://aems.tga.gov.au/

You're also allowed to use a pseudonym for your name and a false address if you wish to not report your actual name. If you have anymore questions, please ask me or pm me.

And if you need to contact TGA about any worries or enquiries, you can do so here: https://www.tga.gov.au/contact-tga

Thanks guys.