Cure attempt #2 (in-progress / initial findings)

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Extremaduro

Re: Cure attempt #2 (in-progress / initial findings)

Unread post by Extremaduro »

Do you think it's ok to use Dxm with an snri(venlafaxine)?
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

This is very risky. You can have serotonin syndrome.
PsychoGenesis

Unread post by PsychoGenesis »

meso do you split the dxm doses?

has you corrected the low NO in your diet?
healing

Unread post by healing »

Have you considered trying psychedelics for increased emotional response? I know Ghost swears by Ketamine, and psyilocybin's pro-emotional effects are well documented.
Lexapro 2016. Sexual, emotional, and cognitive symptoms.

Email: healingpssd1@gmail.com
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

healing wrote:Have you considered trying psychedelics for increased emotional response? I know Ghost swears by Ketamine, and psyilocybin's pro-emotional effects are well documented.
I do.

Nearly 12 months in depression remission due to Ketamine and Psilocybin.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
PsychoGenesis

do you think metformin would increase neurotrophy while blocking mTor at the same time??

why not using psylocybin or DMT??
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

PsychoGenesis wrote:do you think metformin would increase neurotrophy while blocking mTor at the same time??

Difficult to acquire these currently. Metformin is easy to acquire for me and should work well enough by upregulating TrkB and boosting BDNF.

Here's an update:
Mesolimbo wrote: [Update 3]
7-1-2019

This is my first day after the 3-day DXM/Nalt reintroduction.

First thing I noticed while on DXM is that I'm completely tolerant to its dissociative effect. Which means my NMDA receptors are still quite upregulated. After taking DXM for 3 days, I notice that emotional improvements haven't returned and I feel very irritable. I half-expected this, since emotional/hedonistic improvements were related to NMDA antagonism from the Dextrorphan (DXM's metabolite), which is a more potent NMDA antagonist.

This means that I'll have to wait until NMDA receptors return to baseline level. But at least I know that NMDAR overactivity is the root cause of my blunted affect and anhedonia. After NMDA receptors are back to baseline, I'll have to figure out a way to downregulate them even further. I'm contemplating chronic intake of d-aspartic acid in a week to speed up their return to baseline.

How to downregulate NMDA receptors below baseline is beyond me. I know that dopamine receptors regulate NMDA receptors and vice-versa, but I'll need to read more studies on how NMDA receptors are fundamentally regulated.

Sexual improvements are still present.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
PsychoGenesis

Mesolimbo wrote:
PsychoGenesis wrote:do you think metformin would increase neurotrophy while blocking mTor at the same time??

Difficult to acquire these currently. Metformin is easy to acquire for me and should work well enough by upregulating TrkB and boosting BDNF.

Here's an update:
Mesolimbo wrote: [Update 3]
7-1-2019

This is my first day after the 3-day DXM/Nalt reintroduction.

First thing I noticed while on DXM is that I'm completely tolerant to its dissociative effect. Which means my NMDA receptors are still quite upregulated. After taking DXM for 3 days, I notice that emotional improvements haven't returned and I feel very irritable. I half-expected this, since emotional/hedonistic improvements were related to NMDA antagonism from the Dextrorphan (DXM's metabolite), which is a more potent NMDA antagonist.

This means that I'll have to wait until NMDA receptors return to baseline level. But at least I know that NMDAR overactivity is the root cause of my blunted affect and anhedonia. After NMDA receptors are back to baseline, I'll have to figure out a way to downregulate them even further. I'm contemplating chronic intake of d-aspartic acid in a week to speed up their return to baseline.

How to downregulate NMDA receptors below baseline is beyond me. I know that dopamine receptors regulate NMDA receptors and vice-versa, but I'll need to read more studies on how NMDA receptors are fundamentally regulated.

Sexual improvements are still present.
dunno you but like i said, even low dose naltrexone was enough to block 100% of the dissociative effect from 300mg dxm for me

about metformin if it increases autophagy how can you increase neurotrophy?? or is it a 2-phase, rebound protocol also??
Meso

Unread post by Meso »

PsychoGenesis wrote:dunno you but like i said, even low dose naltrexone was enough to block 100% of the dissociative effect from 300mg dxm for me

about metformin if it increases autophagy how can you increase neurotrophy?? or is it a 2-phase, rebound protocol also??
Although Mu and NMDA receptors do interact. Naltrexone hasn't blocked the effects for me and another person who tried combining both.

This DXM/Nalt trial has shown me it's possible to get your pre-PSSD personality and emotions back. It's been very insightful. It's time to focus on NMDAR regulation.

As for Metformin, it's not a potent mTOR inhibitor. It does so downstream, and this depends on AMPK activation (dose-dependent). That said, even with autophagy this won't impair neurotrophy/neurogenesis. Autophagy and neurotrophy co-exist. With healthy autophagy removing old, damaged neurons while neurogenesis creating new, healthy neurons. This is one of the reasons metformin is neuroprotective (as long as B12 and CoQ10 are supplemented) and increases life-span.
"The Research Zone" is permanently down.
You are welcome to join my Discord research server: Click Here
finities infinities

Unread post by finities infinities »

So it looks like our problems are very similar. I am also resistant to the dissociative effect from NMDA antagonist. To be honest DXM or benzos reduce my depersonalization / anhedonia. Will you say something more about your thoughts, or during this DXM PAWS do you see the world like me?
I took D-aspartic acid+sarcozine in 2018 per 2 week, it made me worse. But after finishing the treatment I had a very nice rebound effect (for 3 days) - a significant improvement in well-being, reduced tension, reduced empathy and morality, increased motivation, stress, anhedonia and obsessive ,,hyperational" thinking - in in short - strong window my ,, old healthy me before carbamazepine paws ".