Intro

New members can only post here until they introduce themselves
umapinha

Intro

Unread post by umapinha »

1- What is your gender?
Male

2- Why did you take antidepressants in the first place? and how long were you in them? what med?
I had panic and depression syndrome at 14 and never treated, push for 10 years but was missing a lot. I couldn't graduate, work and live normally, so I decided to use the antidepressant (on my own)

The first medicine that was used on Escitalopram 5mg for 4 months stopped the abrupt form for 2 weeks and then started using Citalopram 10mg for another four months. Throughout the treatment I use cannabis. In the middle of treatment I was hospitalized with acute psychosis for 1 week. They injected me with some antipsychotic and were also using Respidon for just under 1 month.

3 - How was your sexual and emotional function before taking antidepressants?
I always had some erectile dysfunction, but that's because of depression. I didn't have much control of my emotions, but they were there. I felt horny, very horny when I had sex and also had an internal feeling of "to bounce back" although depressed. I was very afraid of diseases (especially HIV) I could not have sex. I never gave in and when I did I felt guilty, I think because I was homosexual.

4- What are your symptoms exactly and when did they start? sexual dysfunction alone, or cognitive / emotional / hedonistic as well? which symptom is bothering you the most?
In the middle of using Citalopram I noticed that my libido was very low. Me wasn't excited about anything, and my emotions were messy too. I was afraid of nothing, nothing at all.
After stopping the medications I felt a slight improvement in libido, but the emotions were starting to make me dysfunctional again, I started using 5htp 100mg a day for 1 year. I looked great emotionally, but it destroyed my libido. This year I used Maca Root and Tribulus to increase libido. I noticed the PSSD drastically worsening after stopping 5htp. Today I have sexual, emotional, cognitive dysfunction and a very inability to feel pleasure in things, sex is what gives me the most pleasure, although I feel very little, even just doing the things I want.
Since then I can no longer read, watch movies or study as before. I also had a persistent pain on the right side of the abdomen extending to the right testicle.

I have penile anesthesia, soft glans, emotional anesthesia, severe insomnia (which I've always had), lack of pleasure and cognitive dysfunction.
What bothers me most is not feeling pleasure in anything and the soft glans.

5- What medicines / supplements have you tried so far?
5htp, Maca root, Green Banana Flour (Which seems to help me the most) Trazodone, Tribulus, Magnesium Chloride, some homeopathic, Rhodiola Rosea (I'm currently using. It helps me to feel good), Ginkgo Biloba, Mucuna Pruriens, Bacopa, Huperzine A and Colina.

My big problem is that some things that seem to help with libido and erection cause me a lot of pain in the abdomen and testicle, making treatment impossible.

6- Do you have access to over-the-counter medications (buy online), or would you strictly require a prescription for medications?
I get a recipe, but if necessary buy without prescription too.

7- Can you tolerate fresh foods? And the proteins?
I have a big problem digesting animal proteins. Whenever I eat, I spend some time without defecating and feeling pain.

8- Did you have a blood test? What were the results?
I have had several blood tests, the biggest change being high (but still normal) prolactin.
I also did ultrasonography and complementary exams for pain, nothing was found.
AnhedonicApe

Re: Intro

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

When you were 14 and developed the anxiety. Did you have any history with medications then. Like certain antibiotics or Accutane.
north4

Unread post by north4 »

umapinha wrote:1- What is your gender?

My big problem is that some things that seem to help with libido and erection cause me a lot of pain in the abdomen and testicle, making treatment impossible.
have you checked your sperm for pathogens and stool ?
Whatsapp join https://thinfi.com/cck5 password: pssd
Facebook join https://www.facebook.com/groups/postssrisexdysfunction
https://youtu.be/BIVe6Uf5pn8

PLEASE REGISTER TO FORUM AND WRITE YOUR STORY - TAKE PART IN TRAIL AND ERROR
umapinha

AnhedonicApe wrote:When you were 14 and developed the anxiety. Did you have any history with medications then. Like certain antibiotics or Accutane.
No. I only used medicines with 24 years
umapinha

north4 wrote:
umapinha wrote:1- What is your gender?

have you checked your sperm for pathogens and stool ?
Yes. I had sperm, blood tests, stool tests, urine tests and ultrasound.
Only missing colonoscopy