Inositol Powder

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
Ghost

Re: Inositol Powder

Unread post by Ghost »

Topics merged.

I think I see colors more vivid than I used to (but this is very subjective and i can't tell if it's just that I notice it more)- i attributed it to psilocybin but looking back maybe I've noted it on inositol before. it's impossible to know, i started it back up around the same time as starting shrooms.

Both work on the 5ht2a receptor - hence vision.

I think inositol is part of the excitatory vision cascade:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6472474

I actually like seeing more colors. I've been born light sensitive so i'm used to things being too bright for me, but compared to my color blind friends, I see so much color. I feel that shrooms (or maybe inositol) (or maybe just subjectively) someone turned up the TV color saturation in my life. But at the same time it may be from when I took ketamine and came out of years of depression.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
AdvencedResearchPL

Unread post by AdvencedResearchPL »

I tested Inositol Powder for a month. 18g/day, like Sonny recomend. Waste of time .
makes me a little bit happy.
fellow1

Unread post by fellow1 »

Have anyone experienced memory loss and cognitive decline while on inositol ? It's also associated with down syndrome
kpavel

Unread post by kpavel »

Classic from PharmD
@At about the 6 week mark into SWIM's inositol experiment, SWIM's craving for carbs has EXPLODED. He has literally eaten a whole pot of pasta in one sitting, a large pizza by myself, 4 chocolate bars in one sitting, a whole box of cookies in one sitting, 2 bags of sour patch kids in one sitting, and the list goes on.... (These are all actual events taken from SWIM's experiment diary with inositol, I know I shouldn't be reading his personal stuff, but oh well). This is a new phenomenon for him.
SWIM's memory has turned to crap. He can barely remember something he did 5 minutes ago. He has to check if he has turned off the IRON 5 times before he leaves the house. Just stupid little things that he NEVER ever used to think twice about. Hopefully SWIM's memory will get better with time (it has only been 4 days since stopping the inositol).@
I think it's because of iron chelation, and glutamate receptors changes as a result.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25746420
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31456205
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

kpavel wrote:Classic from PharmD
@At about the 6 week mark into SWIM's inositol experiment, SWIM's craving for carbs has EXPLODED. He has literally eaten a whole pot of pasta in one sitting, a large pizza by myself, 4 chocolate bars in one sitting, a whole box of cookies in one sitting, 2 bags of sour patch kids in one sitting, and the list goes on.... (These are all actual events taken from SWIM's experiment diary with inositol, I know I shouldn't be reading his personal stuff, but oh well). This is a new phenomenon for him.
SWIM's memory has turned to crap. He can barely remember something he did 5 minutes ago. He has to check if he has turned off the IRON 5 times before he leaves the house. Just stupid little things that he NEVER ever used to think twice about. Hopefully SWIM's memory will get better with time (it has only been 4 days since stopping the inositol).@
I think it's because of iron chelation, and glutamate receptors changes as a result.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25746420
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31456205
That part about carbs craving is true, I have experienced it myself. Tried inositol in the first half of 2018 and I couldn't stop eating pasta.
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
Markc1113

Unread post by Markc1113 »

I also want to give people hope with inositol powder. I am only on day three of it and will update everyone but it seems to be helping. It’s not a miracle drug or anything but I went from not being able to get an erection lately(it does change month to month) to having no problem getting function. Up until yesterday it had been quite a while since it worked like this(I have had a couple of windows over four months). It has not really helped with sensation down there, but it has helped a bit with libido and for sure seems to have helped with being able to achieve an erection. It took two days of taking it before I noticed any real improvement. I am taking a 6 gram scoop every morning. The only other things I take—and have been taking for a while with no change is multivitamin and citrulline.
hs1312

Unread post by hs1312 »

It helped me temporarily too for 2 days then stopped working . Is it still working for you
34M.Effaxor 75mg nov16-mar17.PSSD
ed, low libido, fatigue,
intro. https://www.pssdforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=1135
WrittenDEC22
Markc1113

It still seems to be helping me. It helped with libido some, not a huge turn around there but has really helped with erections. I will also say that it does nothing for me to help with sensitivity there.
raskolnikov

Unread post by raskolnikov »

Hey guys! I want to give inositol a try next december. Few questions:

1- Should I take 18g once daily or should I split doses?
2- Should I take it in the morning, afternoon or night?
3- Should I take it on empty stomach or after meals?
4- Is there a specific brand or something like this that I should look for? The inositol that works for PSSD is the myo? The other? Or doesnt matter?
5- How long should I take it?
Markc1113

I’m using swansons brand and about 10-12g every morning I mix it In with tea