Betaine HCl

Post any data on Treatments and experimentation.
AnhedonicApe

Re: Betaine HCl

Unread post by AnhedonicApe »

Shit man i just took some a few hours ago. I was sitting in the train and suddenly noticed i was able to think again and feel something with that. I first was like what is haopenning, then I suddenly remembered the beatine. Thanks for the tip raven this is hopefull. How long does one pill last? I left the pills at my parents thats why i ask. And does the efect wear off the more often you use it?
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Shit man i just took some a few hours ago. I was sitting in the train and suddenly noticed i was able to think again and feel something with that. I first was like what is haopenning, then I suddenly remembered the beatine. Thanks for the tip raven this is hopefull. How long does one pill last? I left the pills at my parents thats why i ask. And does the efect wear off the more often you use it?
Read this dude: https://healthygut.com/articles/how-to- ... mach-acid/

It's something to take with meals, espescially those high in protein, don't take it on an empty stomach. It gives me a boost to this day though I don't take it frequently anymore because I have other stomach issues that I wan't to fix first. I have exams coming up and if my brain fog gets a bit worse I take it with a meal and I can study with much more ease for the rest of the day. It's helping the body digest and absorb the nutrients you get from food, rather than having any action itself, so I doubt you'll develop a tolerance.

I do think of it as a band aid rather than something that will cure PSSD or anything like that, but it's an awesome feeling to have your cognition improved significantly after months and months of dull headed PSSD, really happy that it seems to give you the same effect.

EDIT: fixed link
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
AdvencedResearchPL

Unread post by AdvencedResearchPL »

I tested Betaine HCl 5 years ago, for a month. Waste of time . It makes me anxiety nothing more.
Snake

Unread post by Snake »

AnhedonicApe wrote:Shit man i just took some a few hours ago. I was sitting in the train and suddenly noticed i was able to think again and feel something with that. I first was like what is haopenning, then I suddenly remembered the beatine. Thanks for the tip raven this is hopefull. How long does one pill last? I left the pills at my parents thats why i ask. And does the efect wear off the more often you use it?
That's sooo great to hear! You see, there is no reason for hopelessness, this shit can be treated, nothing was permamently damaged nor broken!
Finding a cure is only a matter of time! Never quit!
raven100

AdvencedResearchPL wrote:I tested Betaine HCl 5 years ago, for a month. Waste of time . It makes me anxiety nothing more.
Sadly like all PSSD trials it works for some and doesn't for others
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
AdvencedResearchPL

Unread post by AdvencedResearchPL »

probably not everyone has pssd. I had a decent loss of libido, but it always came back
(of course before real PSSD). It is possible that there are different types of PSSD depending on the drug.
AnhedonicApe

Have been using this now everyday. Definitly see a difference. I feel more like living in reality, less depersonalised, more able to understand stuff and more able to hold conversations. This has definitly been a welcome change. If this would be the new baseline and the effects don't go away i am able to keep on looking for a solution for my pssd a little longer without the feeling of wanting it to all end now. It still isn't the me, no effect on libido etc., still not really enjoying stuff, but every aspect improved with some points. Would definitly recommend trying guys. I know you probably think lol sure another supplement will probably not work, it probably won't, but i would say give it a shot. I thought so too before ordering, and it's quite harmless.
AnhedonicApe

I think i found the answer why this works for me, found it in an unrelated article: https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/B ... a152d61b33 ''Betaine, a methyl derivative of glycine and a dietary supplement, has been shown to have antidepressant-like effects and to act like a partial agonist at the glycine site of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors (NMDARs)'' This also fits in with the diagnosis mesolimbo made of me. He thinks the problem is in my glutamate/gaba region and the balance between those. NMDA is a glutamate receptor so it all makes sense.
AnhedonicApe

Just wanted to put a warning out here. After the initial improvement on betaine I crashed hard, and permanently worsened myself on it. I now have sleeping problems, penile shrinkage, muscle wastage (within 2 weeks lost all), a weird garbage odor and the libido i had left is gone. This all happened after taking the betaine for 2 weeks. I highly advice against taking betaine because of its methyl donor properties.
raven100

I'm sorry to hear you've crashed AnhedonicApe, it's possible that it was the Betaine, however we've also seen a lot of people see improvements on Choline CDP and Betaine, (even seen a recovery on the former), and haven't seen other crashes. Vitamin B12 and Choline are methyl donors and part of our every day diets, so I'm skeptical that we should be avoiding certain foods due to their methyl donor properties