In Regard to the Negativity on this Website

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
naiverat

In Regard to the Negativity on this Website

Unread post by naiverat »

It seems like every non-experimental regimen thread on this site turns into:

1) a pissing contest of who has the worst PSSD

To which I say, what does it matter whether you have it worse than another? That doesn't invalidate the adversity another is experiencing. Does winning the pity olympics help you move forward and progress? No.

2) some half-witted argument about the nature of PSDD

While the neurobiology isn't entirely known, there are many theories, some of which have been consistent with FULL RECOVERIES on this website.

Saying this is incurable is not valid, as we have seen cases cured. Saying it is not treatable is also untrue; we have seen many people experience improvement as a result of various regimens, and even by time itself.

3) Arguments that life is not worth living or that suicide is the best option.

These threads and posts are dangerous; they can dissolve the glimmer of hope that other vulnerable users have and who are putting their best foot forward daily in creating a better future.

The only person who can decide if life is worth living is YOU. And I encourage you to put a lot of thought into this.

There are many threads on this site where a person who has been off an SSRI for less than a month and is still experiencing sexual sides becomes suicidal. This is the poster child of fear mongering and impulsivity that this site has unintentionally fostered.

If you are suicidal, see a professional psychologist if possible (not psychiatrist - they will probably put you on more antidepressants). A professional can perform CBT and work on your cognitive distortions.

If your suicidality is directly related to your PSSD, then this is NOT a good reason to take your life. We are all down. Many of us are frustrated, stressed, and at times, hopeless. But again, look at the evidence: we have seen cures, and we have seen improvement over time in a large number of cases. And the only way we can move forward is by contributing, individually, to this collective community. Doctors won't do it for us. Studies on a seemingly unknown condition will not receive funding. It is up to us.

So please, let us not turn every thread into one or more of these three themes. It does not get us anywhere. If you need help coping in your current state and are unable to receive professional help, create a thread in the appropriate place or PM many of us who have been what you are currently going through, including myself.

Losing all hope is to lose one's sanity. And we have a lot to be hopeful about. In the past months, excellent progress toward a refined view into the nature of PSSD's mechanism(s) have been uncovered. The only way for this to continue forward is from YOUR effort. Your experimentation. Your reading. We need every single one of you. Ideas build off each other, and that is how this condition will be overcome
Fluoxetine Jan. '16 - Aug. 16'. Low libido, weak erections, CNS dysfunction, anhedonia

Windows on the following: Inositol, choline, NAC + Histidine, MSM, SJW, L-Arginine, Sildenafil, Naltrexone, boron
Blueturtle

Re: In Regard to the Negativity on this Website

Unread post by Blueturtle »

Great post, I agree with everything you said here. The evidence suggests to me that almost everyone’s PSSD and mood can be improved to some degree, there have been countless responses here on the forum to treatments that have made a real difference to folks. Everyone owes it to themselves to do everything they can to get better and we have some good help on this website to do that and people are always reporting good stuff.

Like for example the medication SAGE-217 has been approved by tone fda and it’s a version of allopregnenalone or something, a neurosteroid used to treat depression. The PFS foundation is somewhat optimistic that it’s going to help PFS patients manage there symptoms especially the mood and brain fog related issues. Animals in rats suggest brain inflammation from finasteride and such and this may help treat it. Never give up!
PSSD from citalopram.
Took it Winter 2012-Summer 2016
Cut cold turkey. Symptoms include genital anesthesia, ejaculatory anhedonia, low libido, Burning/tingling genital pain.
My story: http://www.pssdforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2536
tenacity

Re: In Regard to the Negativity on this Website

Unread post by tenacity »

Well said. Positivity is one of the best symptom relievers for me.