infinityzer00000 Log

General discussions. Feel free to use this like a support group also.
Kk88

Re: Your reality and what I have to say.

Unread post by Kk88 »

I have said it before and I’ll say it again. If your lack of sexuality has anything to do with psychology, then it is not Pssd and you should not be posting this stuff here. This is a forum for people who have taken a drug and immediately had their bodies changed by that. Psychological sexual issues exist but they are NOT PSSD.
RainebowGirl

Unread post by RainebowGirl »

infinityzer00000 wrote:The first thing you will feel and believe is that you are broken, which is true, you most certainly are.
Whoa, chill lol.
Lot of assumptions there. I don't weigh my worth as a person on my ability to have an orgasm. It bothers me, but I don't think I'm broken and there are more than a few of us who just live our everyday lives with this issue and see it as something we want to recover from... not proof that we're ~broken~ :lol:
infinityzer00000 wrote:This situation is extreme shock/trauma/stress that you are currently dealing with
I mean... it took me a year or two to even realize what this was because I really wasn't all that broken up about it lol I'm not traumatized because I can't have good orgasms right now. I've had much more traumatizing things happen that didn't affect my brain the way that SSRIs did.

Look, dude... I'm glad you found something that helped you, but I'm not sure that projecting your experience on to others is the best play. It sounds like maybe you didn't have PSSD in the first place and ignorantly believe that none of us do, either. A lot of us have done therapy, and there are many of us who aren't even traumatized/stressed about this... just looking for answers. I do think a lot of people need to hit this from multiple angles and work on their mental health as a whole before they immediately start trialing a bunch of things, but even I see you're assuming that what worked for you can cure everyone.

Had you presented this as something others may want to look into if they aren't having results elsewhere, or as a beneficial addition to any mental health treatment, I would have agreed. But this entire spiel sounds kinda patronizing.

Man... the worst part is that you've been here for 4 years... And you're still this patronizing. Yikes.
:?
Used Effexor, Wellbutrin from 2012 - 2015. PSSD 4Y after.
Reinstated with Wellbutrin from March 2019 - May 2019. 65% improvement that leveled out closer to 40%.
Implemented yoga and pelvic floor therapy on and off.
Now at 85%! :mrgreen:
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

I think that there is a valid theory here. SSRI acts as a catalyst to those with previous unaddressed trauma/traumatic agent in its own right. Shuts down the body in a way similar to what you see in some PTSD cases.

Tackling the underlying trauma via a good psychotherapist will be the answer for some here, and we've seen a few long term members recover this way. I don't think it'll be the answer for most of us, but it may be part of the answer for many of us. I really don't think we know enough about PSSD to say otherwise. We definitely don't know enough about PSSD to say that those who recovered in this way didn't have 'real' PSSD.

What I really hate is the attitude 'SSRIs fucked me up so now there's zero point in working on fostering positive mental health because I need a chemical fix to get to 100%.' Not saying those above necessarily have this attitude but I sure did my first year of PSSD. It's a wholly unhelpful attitude and if you're anything like me you'll benefit massively from dropping it.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Yellow99

Unread post by Yellow99 »

There were moments where I even questioned my own sanity and thought to myself maybe the doctors (who don’t even know about pssd) are right and it psychological..

..but it’s just not possible. Especially in my case. I never had an easy life, went through eating disorders, depression, horrible break ups, I was even something like raped when I was 17 cause I was so drunk I couldn’t say no to the guy and all this never made me have ANY kind of sexual problem.. actually I was hypersexual

Then I take 5 pills of this poison called citalopram just to have better sleep not even because of depression lol and over 5 days I loose 90% of my feelings down there. That’s not trauma.
raven100

Unread post by raven100 »

Yellow99 wrote:
Then I take 5 pills of this poison called citalopram just to have better sleep not even because of depression lol and over 5 days I loose 90% of my feelings down there. That’s not trauma.
No one should be questioning their sanity, because what we all experience is very real.

If one has suffered through previous trauma, that may have not manifested itself through explicit symptoms, then I think it's theoretically possible that exposure to SSRI, which very commonly comes with side effects of sexual dysfunction and emotional numbing, allows the previous trauma to manifest itself through these new symptoms once SSRI is discontinued.

I don't believe this is the answer to PSSD. Only that we shouldn't take such a hard stance against this as one of many possibilities/factors.
PSSD Since March 2016 after 4 weeks on Sertraline
Conditioned worsened and peaked in April, since then possibly seen a 20% improvement
Would be useful for data collection if people could add their histories in their signature
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

raven100 wrote:I think that there is a valid theory here. SSRI acts as a catalyst to those with previous unaddressed trauma/traumatic agent in its own right. Shuts down the body in a way similar to what you see in some PTSD cases.

Tackling the underlying trauma via a good psychotherapist will be the answer for some here, and we've seen a few long term members recover this way. I don't think it'll be the answer for most of us, but it may be part of the answer for many of us. I really don't think we know enough about PSSD to say otherwise. We definitely don't know enough about PSSD to say that those who recovered in this way didn't have 'real' PSSD.

What I really hate is the attitude 'SSRIs fucked me up so now there's zero point in working on fostering positive mental health because I need a chemical fix to get to 100%.' Not saying those above necessarily have this attitude but I sure did my first year of PSSD. It's a wholly unhelpful attitude and if you're anything like me you'll benefit massively from dropping it.
Truth. There is definitely some merit to this post.

My concern is that there are several threads with a similar messages, which I will be merging into 1. For now I'll just start with the most recent 2 but at some point it might be nice to have all of infinityzer00000's stuff in one log so that we can follow his progress through time.
- Medical Student & Friendly poltergeist - Lexapro Sept '14. [Hx] [PSSD Lab] [r/PSSD] [Treatment Plan] - Add "Ghost" in replies so I see it :)
infinityzer00000

Unread post by infinityzer00000 »

RainebowGirl wrote:
infinityzer00000 wrote:The first thing you will feel and believe is that you are broken, which is true, you most certainly are.
Whoa, chill lol.
Lot of assumptions there. I don't weigh my worth as a person on my ability to have an orgasm. It bothers me, but I don't think I'm broken and there are more than a few of us who just live our everyday lives with this issue and see it as something we want to recover from... not proof that we're ~broken~ :lol:
infinityzer00000 wrote:This situation is extreme shock/trauma/stress that you are currently dealing with
I mean... it took me a year or two to even realize what this was because I really wasn't all that broken up about it lol I'm not traumatized because I can't have good orgasms right now. I've had much more traumatizing things happen that didn't affect my brain the way that SSRIs did.

Look, dude... I'm glad you found something that helped you, but I'm not sure that projecting your experience on to others is the best play. It sounds like maybe you didn't have PSSD in the first place and ignorantly believe that none of us do, either. A lot of us have done therapy, and there are many of us who aren't even traumatized/stressed about this... just looking for answers. I do think a lot of people need to hit this from multiple angles and work on their mental health as a whole before they immediately start trialing a bunch of things, but even I see you're assuming that what worked for you can cure everyone.

Had you presented this as something others may want to look into if they aren't having results elsewhere, or as a beneficial addition to any mental health treatment, I would have agreed. But this entire spiel sounds kinda patronizing.

Man... the worst part is that you've been here for 4 years... And you're still this patronizing. Yikes.

How am I being patronizing? I'm posting about how I got better and it was an alternative to taking more drugs, which can offer some people hope when they might feel like there is none.

No where am I saying not to do something which includes taking drugs. If you dont feel broken than that's great but it's a trend with people in this forum and something I've experienced. You're the one being a condescending asshole.

Others have messaged me directly to say that what I'm talking about may make sense in their life and if its helps them then great.

All I can tell you are the facts. I woke up one day after stopping luvox for 6 years and lost everything that made me human. Emotions, libido, excitement, joy and the ability to dream and sleep. That has all come back.

I'm drug free and hopefully others can be as well and heal from this miserable hell.
RainebowGirl

Unread post by RainebowGirl »

infinityzer00000 wrote: How am I being patronizing? I'm posting about how I got better and it was an alternative to taking more drugs, which can offer some people hope when they might feel like there is none.

No where am I saying not to do something which includes taking drugs. If you dont feel broken than that's great but it's a trend with people in this forum and something I've experienced. You're the one being a condescending asshole.

Others have messaged me directly to say that what I'm talking about may make sense in their life and if its helps them then great.

All I can tell you are the facts. I woke up one day after stopping luvox for 6 years and lost everything that made me human. Emotions, libido, excitement, joy and the ability to dream and sleep. That has all come back.

I'm drug free and hopefully others can be as well and heal from this miserable hell.
Okay, buddy lmao No idea why you only replied to me, but I guess because everyone else made good points you couldn't refute, but you wanted to argue anyway.
:?
Used Effexor, Wellbutrin from 2012 - 2015. PSSD 4Y after.
Reinstated with Wellbutrin from March 2019 - May 2019. 65% improvement that leveled out closer to 40%.
Implemented yoga and pelvic floor therapy on and off.
Now at 85%! :mrgreen:
infinityzer00000

RainebowGirl wrote:
infinityzer00000 wrote: How am I being patronizing? I'm posting about how I got better and it was an alternative to taking more drugs, which can offer some people hope when they might feel like there is none.

Okay, buddy lmao No idea why you only replied to me, but I guess because everyone else made good points you couldn't refute, but you wanted to argue anyway.
Your condescending nature has come through and that's great for no one. I have taken the drugs just like all of us on this forum and have experienced very similar symptoms and if you want to discount what has happened to me and how I have recovered than by all means please feel free. If you want to say your lack of orgasm doesn't make you feel broken than that's on you because a lot of people would most certainly feel that way. A part of you is missing regardless of how much importance you place on it. I went through the gauntlet of taking many different SSRI's and I know the consequences of doing so. You can criticize me all you want, but the truth still remains. I took drugs and they fucked me up during (paxil) and afterwards (luvox). There are people here who are really desperate for hope when it comes to looking for solutions and you aren't helping. If these people believe that taking more drugs will help them than I won't stand in their way.

I used a lot of very different techniques to improve myself and it has WORKED. I would bet that it is more effective than all the chemicals you have pumped into your body.

I'm here because I want people to heal. I'm offering an alternative. Will it work for everyone? Maybe not? Will it work for someone? Maybe it will, but who are you to say that my opinion isn't worthy. You took that medication in the first place. If you weren't 'broken' you wouldn't be here.

As far as I am concerned you're just cancer.

Everyone else can heal. I would like to hope so. I want everyone to hope so. I don't want anyone to believe otherwise.
infinityzer00000

Re: infinityzer00000 Log

Look everyone. I know for some of you that are going through this that it is extremely difficult and this forum offers a significant amount of negativity. The truth is that I still haven't completely recovered, but I want you to know that I came from a deep dark place and managed to crawl my way out of it. I can only tell everyone based on my own experience. I woke up one day with the inability to feel anything or experience any pleasure and that lasted for almost a decade.

You've reached this place because logically it makes sense. That's how I got here too. I am starting to feel again. I am starting to feel my libido again. I am starting to be happy and enjoy the small things in life such as the birds chirping and the rays of sun on my face. I believe that you can too.

Stay away from the negativity.